Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! (4438 Views)

Help! My Uvula Is Giving Me A Sleepless Night. / Kenyan Boy's Hands Re-attached By Doctors After It Was Cut Off. Graphic Photos / Swollen Uvula Causes And Symptoms, Treating Uvulitis With Natural Home Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2015
Hi guys. I have been experiencing some pain in my throat and i was told i have belubelu. Though i have been using different types of drugs including the local herbs but none seems working. I was told the only solution is to cut the uvula before it causes serious damage cuz it grows longer and bigger each day. I decided to cut it but not in an hospital. Meanwhile today makes it the 6th day after cutting it but the pain afterwards is unbearable. Pls guys, what can i do to minimize the pain? Your advice and contributions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by amacole(f): 9:45am On Oct 16, 2015
Ennyolar:
Hi guys. I have been experiencing some pain in my throat and i was told i have belubelu. Though i have been using different types of drugs including the local herbs but none seems working. I was told the only solution is to cut the uvula before it causes serious damage cuz it grows longer and bigger each day. I decided to cut it but not in an hospital. Meanwhile today makes it the 6th day after cutting it but the pain afterwards is unbearable. Pls guys, what can i do to minimize the pain? Your advice and contributions will be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry luv.
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Pamelayoung: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2015
Have u tried taking pain relief drugs and antibiotics? Next time don't endanger ur life by doing such outside d hospital. If u haven't got money manage d situation til u have, then go 2 a gud general hospital or private where it can be carefully done n managed. My candide opinion tho.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2015
[quote author=amacole post=39037286]

Sorry luv.[/quotes God bless you. Thanks
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2015
I did went to a hospital and i was prescribed some drugs but not just working. The thing continue to grow. Even it was a nurse that secretly advised me to cut it off and i have heard that from people also. Thanks for the advice. It helps.
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by prettyjo(f): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
some people kill themselves purposely and ignorantly too.
A nurse advice you and you took heed to her advice but I doubt if you would have taken a doctor's advice serious.

sorry to the nursing profession, some nurses are not properly trained and these are the ones who mislead people.You have no right to cut the uvular unless advised by a doctor.

have you heard of wound sepsis...I advice that you visit a good"hospital no matter the cost to treat you before it deteriorates.
tk kia
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
prettyjo:
A nurse advice you and you took heed to her advice but I doubt if you would have taken a doctor's advice serious.

sorry to the nursing profession, some nurses are not properly trained and these are the ones who mislead people.You have no right to cut the uvular unless advised by a doctor.

have you heard of wound sepsis...I advice that you visit a good"hospital no matter the cost to treat you before it deteriorates.
tk kia
Thanks for your candid advice. It's just that when things like this happen, a lot of information will be coming through. I guessed i was confused and took that step. Thanks anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by tonididdy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ennyolar:
Thanks for your candid advice. It's just that when things like this happen, a lot of information will be coming through. I guessed i was confused and took that step. Thanks anyway
this isn't the first time I am reading of a case of "cutting the..."

Maybe what u ffeel is aftermath of the operation...but 6days later by now the pains should have subdued, I suggest u go back to where the operation was done and lay a complain

NB: do not allow them do another process of re-operatio (it just shows they are quack) instead a professional will refer drugs to ease the situation

GL and get well soon
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by suzyberry(f): 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Before you start castigating Nurses, are you sure the nurse that told you that is a professional or an auxiliary nurse.The best is to get treatment in the hospital and next time seek advise from properly trained medical professionals, not people parading to be one. Get well soon.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2015
tonididdy:
this isn't the first time I am reading of a case of "cutting the..."

Maybe what u ffeel is aftermath of the operation...but 6days later by now the pains should have subdued, I suggest u go back to where the operation was done and lay a complain

NB: do not allow them do another process of re-operatio (it just shows they are quack) instead a professional will refer drugs to ease the situation

GL and get well soon
Thanks man. I will do that first thing tomorrow morning. I guessed am the type who can't take pain of this magnitude. I have been told their would be some pain after it has been sever but i don't know it could be up to this. Thanks for your concern. Bless up!
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 12:30am On Oct 17, 2015
suzyberry:
Before you start castigating Nurses, are you sure the nurse that told you that is a professional or an auxiliary nurse.The best is to get treatment in the hospital and next time seek advise from properly trained medical professionals, not people parading to be one. Get well soon.
Well you are right but you know when things like this happen a lot of advices will be flying in from all angles. I think have learnt my lesson. I just pray i get out of this mess Asap. Thanks sis.
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by jamesbridget13(f): 9:55am On Oct 17, 2015
Am just imagining what u re going through. Get well quick. Sorry
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2015
prettyjo:

tk kia
No trained and registered nurse will advice a patient to cut out the uvula. RNs are trained properly maybe you are referring to the quacks.
People should stop patronising quacks trained by quack and wack , these people abounds in our mushroom private hospital.
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by Ennyolar(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
jamesbridget13:
Am just imagining what u re going through. Get well quick. Sorry
The pain is out of this world. Very excruciating. I pray n hope all these become history soon. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! by jamesbridget13(f): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ennyolar:
The pain is out of this world. Very excruciating. I pray n hope all these become history soon. Thanks for your concern.
amen. It's well with u

(1) (Reply)

Access Prep Drugs For HIV Prevention For Free In Lagos!!! / Help! Yellow Spots On My Chest And Neck Region. / Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.