Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church (3623 Views)

HBD 2 Pastor Tunde Bakare (founder Latter Rain Assembly) / The Days Of The Latter Rain / Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by REALTRUTH1: 12:33am On Apr 29, 2009
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo will write a book on the historical background and growth of the Latter Rain Assembly, a church headed by fiery preacher, pastor Tunde Bakare.

This was announced on Sunday, by the pastor, who said he recently received a call from the former president asking him to furnish him with the details of the church since its inception. The lawyer-turned pastor, who sounded a bit comical while making the announcement before church members, said Chief Obasanjo told him emphatically that the church has made so much impact on the country and beyond and he wants to write a book on it.

According to Bakare, “someone just called me and said he was going to write a thesis on this church. He said he wanted me to tell him about the Latter Rain Assembly and how come the church has grown with so much impact on the country. “This person said he would appreciate it if I could send it electronically. This person is Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo.”

He, however, told his congregation that he was not going to send all that Obasanjo needed alone since, according to him, he does not constitute the whole church. He promised to make available to the church members the electronic mail address for them to send in their contributions. Pastor Bakare has been a religious and social critic as well as fearless in speaking the truth to religious leaders and those in authority in the country, especially on issues that concern the welfare of the country’s citizens.

This, some members of the church think, may be the reason the church was singled out by the former president, who recently graduated from the National Open University, where he studied Theology.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/28/obasanjo-to-write-book-on-latter-rain-church
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by tpiah: 12:53am On Apr 29, 2009
interesting!!!

Can they plz make these books available to the general public and Amazon when they write them.
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by PastorAIO: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2009
In what language is he going to write the book, because I know that Obasanjo cannot even speak english properly.
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by FBS: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pastor AIO:

In what language is he going to write the book, because I know that Obasanjo cannot even speak english properly.
grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by ladybam(f): 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pastor AIO:

maybe sign language. grin
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by REALTRUTH1: 2:08am On Apr 30, 2009
lady bam:

maybe sign language. grin
may be in egba language cos they re both from egba or is it abeokuta?
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by tpiah: 3:10am On Apr 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

he can use a ghost writer.
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by solosimple(m): 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
Obasanjo writing a book about a church for that matter, this must be the joke of the century grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by lansha2006: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
Why are we so critical? Let's allow this man rest some. At least, as at today, he is the best president ever produced. Feel free to take me up on this.
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
@OP I think OBJ has a lot of academic and field experience in the area of Economic/Financial Fraud, Royal-Stool Hijacking and Political Laughing. His recent foray into Theology will just further enhance his naturally acquired skills to becoming a General Overseer of The Celestikal Synagogue of Aremu International. grin
Re: Obasanjo To Write Book On Latter Rain Church by lansha2006: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2011
For God's sake, what is the correlation?

(1) (Reply)

Jesoul Can A Brother Get Frontpage With This Here Important News / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) / Do Numbers Have Hidden Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.