Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! (688 Views)

IF You Want Grandchildren, Make Sure You Eat MEAT (bad News For Vegetarians!) / Most Wanted Nutrient For Vegetarians / Massage Therapists In The House: Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by bokom(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
I have been a vegan now for almost 5 years! I am from Nigeria but I started this life style while I was in Europe. Been in this direction have helped improve my health in ways you cannot imagine. I follow this life style for 2 reasons... For health and also for moral reasons, because I have so much love for Animals .
Recently I came back to Nigeria and I found out that there are no Nigerian vegans/ vegetarians t all! Nigeria is so addicted to meats that everyone looks at me as been abnormal when I order my food without meat. One guy even told me that he gladly date me if I was a babe because I will be very cheap to take out for a date....lol anyway, I am so sorry to say that Nigerians are still backwards when it comes to eating healthy, like more fruits, vegetables and herbs and this is why we hardly see old people anymore in Nigeria. A 50 year old man in Nigeria, in most villages are the oldest in the family. So can someone prove me wrong that I am the only vegan in Naija! Please identify with me here if you are one! Thanks
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by Zeedarh(f): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Here in 9ja, we chop anything chopable be it veg, fish or meat. We nor send smiley
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by Cjizzy(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
No vex o.... You get love for animals so you come become vegetarian... But you dey chop the animals food na(Plants)..... #No love
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by Zeedarh(f): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]werrin consign people lyk me? We chop any thing chopable be it veg, meat or fish.
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by bokom(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Really bad! very bad!! population of almost 200 million people and no vegetarian!! i weep for my dear country naija! The men are all dieing with one sickness or the other at 45 years and the ladies, are getting fat and getting cancer! We are way backward and all suffering for our bad addictions!
Nigerians really education, because i see everybody is really ignorant about how to stay and live healthy! An average rich Nigerian couple believes that 5 big pieces of meat in their soup or rice is a sign of being rich! cry... Its only the bad trends we learn faster in naija...
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by bokom(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Why am i surprised that no one is commenting on this post? Nigerians, we are way too behind! i pray that God will help us Amen!
Please if you are a vegetarian, come on board, lets meet!
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by lincDzinc(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
lool... dis should be in JOKES thread... looool..
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by bokom(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
Just like the way a cocaine addict will find a million reasons to justify his addiction, same way meat eaters are looking for silly excuses to feed their addiction! I don't expect 20 % of Nigerians to be vegetarians, but come on, I can't even find one person on nairaland! This tells me a lot! Why do you think the whites are better than us? Because the are very open minded more exposed and educated. It's really a silly excuse that you can't eat healthy because of your silly addiction to suya, pepper soup and nkwobi.... very lame. Look at how Nigerians die at early age of 40 - 50, and in western world's you see grannies of 85 years getting married again. An average rich onitsha business man in Naija do not even know what it means to a vacation for 2 weeks and rest the body or an average house wife to know the benefits of exercise... Naija I weep for thee!!!!!
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by praisefulmum: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
@ Bokom:- I don't mind being a vegan but give me a whole month's menu and I will gladly follow you. I have browsed for Nigerian vegan recipes or food timetables. I am yet to see one. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by bokom(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
I was a vegetarian for 5 years. Now I just try to avoid red meat as it is the least healthiest meat to be eating often. If I had the money I would buy organic meat and milk but it is so expensive and I am a student.
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by blessedapple: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Thanks Boko,
I love it and it is very helpful to health,
but very difficult to keep esp here in Nigeria.

Tried it, but have not been regular.

Please any help on how to consistently follow it up?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
@bokom, start by giving us steps as to how to achieve this.
Re: Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
And am surprised that the op hasn't responded, most of us want to, but how wld one cope in a place like this our home(Nigeria)? Just as it's been said up there,give one month food timetable and watch people turn.

(1) (Reply)

. / Photos: Nigerian Man Mysteriously Dies After Vomiting Blood / Must Read: Reason Why You Should Stop Drinking Cold Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.