Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) (38366 Views)

Buhari's Al-jazeera Interview: Who Is A BIGOT? / Watch: Al-jazeera Interview With President Buhari / Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (transcript) And Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 17, 2015
Buhari was queried by the smart interviewer on his past support for Sharia and Boko Haram's continued rampage despite his promises. He struggled to articulate coherent responses and angrily retorted at the interviewer Mehdi Hassan to let him finish at some point. Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_xblKBiSQ&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_xblKBiSQ

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 17, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by biafranqueen: 2:03am On Oct 17, 2015
Not surprised when ever he interviews he is always off point. Sorry for him demented is not an easy thing to control as the stress of the job continues you will not believe what type of things he will be saying. US did a good job of hiding Regans by not letting him talk in public the last two years, but that is a docile white man. Buhari will talk by force and continue to embarrass us on the world stage. embarassed

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by jemir000: 2:05am On Oct 17, 2015
lalasticlala FP material here

Today is my birthday.. Who can give me a gift of a free advert spot on naira land? I am an electronic engineer..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Agimor(m): 2:10am On Oct 17, 2015
When was this video shooted?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 17, 2015
Not a fan of Buhari but the interviewer was rude. I still don't understand the fascination of Nigerian leaders with giving foreign media interviews at the expense of local media.
PS-When will Nigeria elect an eloquent and smart president like the Fasholas, Ribadus, Okonjos et al. Listen to Kenya's leader Uhuru Kenyatta speak and you'll certainly want to hear the point he is trying to make.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by MizMyColi(f): 3:02am On Oct 17, 2015
SenseiX:
Not a fan of Buhari but the interviewer was rude. I still don't understand the fascination of Nigerian leaders with giving foreign media interviews at the expense of local media.
PS-When will Nigeria elect an eloquent and smart president like the Fasholas, Ribadus, Okonjos et al. Listen to Kenya's leader Uhuru Kenyatta speak and you'll certainly want to hear the point he is trying to make.

I agree with you there.
The president seemed to be dodging questions, which must have gotten on the interviewer's nerves...sort of.

Regardless, that's basically what Upfront is all about;
With the thrust and parry of rigorous debate, M.H cuts through the headlines to challenge conventional wisdom, highlight contradictions and uncover double standards.
Buhari should have been more than aware what he was signing up for when he agreed to be interviewed by Mehdi.

Apparently based on facts, Mehdi has a mindset that things are currently moving from bad to worse in Nigeria.
The president on the other hand was speaking on the contrary, as someone who is on ground.

He (Buhari) contradicted himself on the Amnesty International report. However, Mehdi gave him credit where due when he said that some staff of the army were sacked on his assumption of office.

The question he was asked on Sharia, and his response leaves much to be desired.
Now, I can confirm that Buhari really uttered those words.

Aside the mild altercation they had, I think it was a fair performance. I have to state though, in my opinion, that Buhari's capacity as leader in terms of Charisma and Mien is uninspiring, flatly uninspiring.

148 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Beync(f): 3:09am On Oct 17, 2015
I'd Like To Comment When This Material Hit Front Page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 17, 2015
OP you dey craze, just spent my MB watching this video and it was nothing like you mentioned. Buhari didn't loose his cool and was never embarrassed. Wailing Wailer! #SMH

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by fr3do(m): 3:17am On Oct 17, 2015
Although I'm with opposition, I can't just settle down and watch buhari embarrass himself undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by judiciarypalava: 3:18am On Oct 17, 2015
That is the effect of CERTIFICATE or NO CERTIFICATE, we will vote for him. Even if he presents PHCN bill. And now he keeps disgracing himself on the international scene, whenever the interview is conducted in English.
Buhari's problem is critical and serious because, "he does not know anything about democratic leadership and does not know that he does not know anything"

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:59am On Oct 17, 2015
Agimor:
When was this video shooted?

It must have been "Shooted" yesterday. Hence, the past tense. Lol!

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by cococandy(f): 4:08am On Oct 17, 2015
This was a funny interview grin

Buhari's accent is getting more understandable. Kudos to him.

I liked the interviewer. He didn't sugarcoat his questions. All buhari needed was to give direct answers instead of ambiguous ones.

Do you still support sharia. Yes or no?
Why haven't you found the chibok girls after claiming your predecessor was inept at finding them? Simple simple questions.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by erunz(m): 4:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Omo see as Baba para

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by pedrilo: 4:30am On Oct 17, 2015
HMmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by humblesteve(m): 4:34am On Oct 17, 2015
What more is expected from a dullard with no formal education...he lacks charisma, he's so clueless...GEJ was far better than this daura demon.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 17, 2015
This will be the last time APC will allow Buhari to speak to an un-cut foreign press. This small boy would have been arrested by DSS if he was a Nigerian

Buhari "... are you are". grin Shey you see say ee no easy?

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by dkronicle(m): 4:49am On Oct 17, 2015
My first time of watching buhari being interviewed... He knows nothing happening in Nigeria.. Simple questions he can't give direct answers to it...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by faray: 5:16am On Oct 17, 2015
If you like wail till kingdom come
Buhari will still be the president of Nigeria till 2019

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by shadrama(m): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2015
What do we even expect the man to do. He's the president of Nigeria, and nothing can change that fact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by ANBAKO: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Take it or leave it....That is my president, that is your president and it is your destiny.....you can't change it so whining continues till 2019....Good English Accent is not synonymous to wisdom, knowledge or brilliancy.

Do good for good to come your way

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by neolboy(m): 6:00am On Oct 17, 2015
Buhari disgracing himself since 2003

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by kenedy175(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2015
It's now he will know that governing this nation is not like drinking fura da nunu.

Baba one chance! !!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by chiedu7: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2015
Nigerians this is the man that you rigged in.

TheImp:
Buhari was queried by the smart interviewer on his past support for Sharia and Boko Haram's continued rampage despite his promises. He struggled to articulate coherent responses and angrily retorted at the interviewer Mehdi Hassan to let him finish at some point. Link below

Cc lalasticlala

TheImp please edit and add this link, its better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_xblKBiSQ

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Femiwilli: 6:16am On Oct 17, 2015
na wa!

This man is an embarrassment to the country!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by AMINDA: 6:21am On Oct 17, 2015
In my opinion, there was nothing wrong in the President's replies. He was clearly assertive in his demeanor and only admonished the journalist to desist from interrupting him as they are wont to do. I will give the President a 75% rating.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Op ur analysis is completely off point.
I just finish watching and listening to d interview.
president Buhari did very well.
i will score him 71%.

He answered all d questions smartly.

On Bokoharam, he said he believe with d raining season they will be able to downgrade bokoharam greatly. Though he cannot assure dat suicide bombing will stop, but he is sure bokoharam cant take territories by d end of december.

on chibok girls he said he will negotiate as long as d girls are well and alive.

On sharia law, he said he cannot change nigeria constitution to make sharia law a national law.

On d issue of his dictorship in d 80s, he said he will apologize for any proven wrong doing. That he is president today because many nigerians approve of his leadership in d 80s.

So op, what were u looking for that u didnt see?

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by menix(m): 6:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Buhari reping his Dullard personality..

Sure if it was a local media, they will have to contend with DSS this morning..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 17, 2015
ANBAKO:
Take it or leave it....That is my president, that is your president and it is your destiny.....you can't change it so whining continues till 2019....Good English Accent is not synonymous to wisdom, knowledge or brilliancy.

Do good for good to come your way

Slave.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by emekachimek: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2015
SenseiX:
It's because we're still doing 'My people, my people' politics. We need to upgrade

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Agimor(m): 6:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

It must have been "Shooted" yesterday. Hence, the past tense. Lol!
Thanks for the correction didn't even take notice.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Femiwilli:
na wa!

This man is an embarrassment to the country!

i am so sure you didnt watch d interview. With dat i think you are an embarrassment to Nairaland and Nigeria.

No objective person will watch dat interview and score Buhari less than 55%

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Breaks His Ramadan Fast With Friends In Ilorin (Photos) / Raymond Dokpesi To Buhari: Documentaries We Ran About You Were Factually Correct / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.