Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Mourinhno's Fine Explained - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinhno's Fine Explained (601 Views)

LMC Slams FC Ifeanyi Ubah With N9 Million Fine, Suspends Referee Folusho Ajayi / Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / The 10 Reasons Why Chelsea Sack Jose Mourinhno, No. 10 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinhno's Fine Explained by Sultan5(m): 4:29am On Oct 17, 2015
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has branded his £50,000 fine from the Football Association as a "disgrace" and announced he will appeal against the decision.

Mourinho was hit with the fine, as well as a one-match suspended stadium ban, on Wednesday evening after accepting a misconduct charge from the FA for comments made to Sky Sports after Chelsea's 3-1 defeat to Southampton.

Here, we consult the FA's charging guidelines for a clearer picture of why Mourinho has been punished for his comments…

What did Mourinho say?

"When we are at the top I understand that there is quite a big pleasure in putting us down but when you are down I think you need to be a bit honest and to make clear that the referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea. The result [was] 1-1, there is a huge penalty and, once more, we don't get. A penalty is a crucial moment in the game with the result 1-1.

"I repeat, if the FA want to punish me, they can punish me, they don't punish other managers, they punish me - it's not a problem for me. But I want to repeat because I think my players deserve it, I think our fans deserve it and I am a Chelsea fan too. I want to say it again: referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea."

Why was Mourinho charged?

Mourinho's suggestion that referees are "afraid" to give Chelsea decisions was deemed to be in breach of FA Rule E3. According to the FA's guidelines for media comments, these types of comments fall under two categories.

- Comments which are improper, which bring the game into disrepute, which are threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting.

- Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials' integrity or which are personally offensive in nature.

The FA therefore found that Mourinho's comments constituted improper conduct as they implied bias on the part of the match officials and brought the game into disrepute.

How was his punishment decided?

As with all FA charges, Mourinho's punishment was decided by an Independent Regulatory Commission. Previous charges are taken into consideration during the process, which partly explains why Mourinho's fine is twice as large as it was for his comments on a "campaign" against Chelsea last season.

Why was Arsene Wenger not charged for his comments on Mike Dean?

Mourinho has questioned why Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was not charged for using the words "naïve" and "weak" in reference to Mike Dean's performance during Arsenal's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea earlier this season. In that instance, however, the FA did not consider Wenger's comments to represent a personal attack on the officials' integrity, or an implication of bias. Nor were they deemed to bring the game into disrepute.

Indeed, managers are permitted to criticise refereeing performances as long as they do not breach FA Rule E3. So when an angry Mark Hughes said referee Neil Swarbrick and his team "did not do their jobs" after a stormy clash with Hull in March, he was not charged. But when Mourinho said referees were part of a "campaign" against his side in December, he was charged, because, similarly to his recent comments, those allegations implied bias against Chelsea.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10030436/jose-mourinhos-16350000-fine-and-suspended-stadium-ban-explained
Re: Mourinhno's Fine Explained by otipoju(m): 4:32am On Oct 17, 2015
all I see is a play upon words.
Re: Mourinhno's Fine Explained by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2015
AQUIRED!!!

(1) (Reply)

Mexico V Belgium / Suarez And Neymar So Incredible Without Messi (photo) / Chelsea Fires Jose Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.