Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

3 Categories Of Igbos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Categories Of Igbos (7907 Views)

Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / 5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by laudate: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
e7ejinima:
Definitely, no interest in passing off anything as Igbo.

Don't forget the subject of search was not beads. I am surprised your eyes went straight to beads.

If you know how google search works, it tries to pick every item with the keyword tag. So you may even see a recent car in the picture list, whatever.

Retrain your eyes to the fabric patterns and take all the beads, alright. They are all yours.

If you search "akwete" in Wikipedia, that's what you will get

Thanks

Hehehe.... I don't need the beads! cheesy cool You went overboard in trying to prove that the akwaete is the traditional cloth worn by the Igbo. In your bid to make your point, you just copied and pasted everything from Google, without bothering to check which of them would enhance your post or buttress the point you are trying to make, and which one would discredit your points.

Just one photograph, of the woman weaving the cloth, would have sufficed. But no, you had to go in for an overkill and in the process made some blunders. I won't even tell you all the other things wrong with the rest of the photographs, you have pasted here.

Guy, grow up! shocked shocked
Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by OnTheMoveWA: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
e7ejinima:
No Sir, there are no Igbo begger in London and not any part of the world. Not in Igbo character.

Thanks for educating me on all the crimes you know of. You may wish to add credit card fraud, sham marriage and welfare fraud which the Yorubas here have perfected since ages. Igbos here are heading to parliament.

Sorry for angering you for being in London. It is not my fault. I actually live in Nigeria. I am on holiday here and with the change in weather, I will be back mid Nov. Ok.

Thanks but no thanks.

So you live in Nigeria and you happily put another location on your article. An Igbo man's dream is always to escape his village because he knows there's no life there.

1 Like

Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by OnTheMoveWA: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
mej67:
Yes, it is old school. If what we practiced in 178BC is not old school, tell me what is. Are you ok dude?

See what I mean when I say you guys prefer to live in the past.

Because you are much more settled with your state in pre-historic time than modern day when you are losing to envying others who are progressing.

That is what happens to a stagnant society. Move guys, move. Time is changing fast.

And Igbo man thinks his culture has no place in modernity whereas Yoruba weddings have been copied all over Africa. Now you see how foo.lish you are.
Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by e7ejinima: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
ok

laudate:

Hehehe.... I don't need the beads! cheesy cool You went overboard in trying to prove that the akwaete is the traditional cloth worn by the Igbo. In your bid to make your point, you just copied and pasted everything from Google, without bothering to check which of them would enhance your post or buttress the point you are trying to make, and which one would discredit your points.

Just one photograph, of the woman weaving the cloth, would have sufficed. But no, you had to go in for an overkill and in the process made some blunders. I won't even tell you all the other things wrong with the rest of the photographs, you have pasted here.

Guy, grow up! shocked shocked
Re: 3 Categories Of Igbos by 2chik(f): 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
OMG! Another Yoruba rat clamoring for attention with the catch word "IGBO". LWKMD grin.

I don't even understand that some funny Igbo's will take their time to try and give an explanation to Yoruba rat's senseless rants.

The Word 'Igbo' is hot and trending, that is why every Yoruba rat wants to associate with it, especially on Nairaland.
These Yoruba rats are hopeless and they are not even sure of themselves that is why they always look for Igbos to try and compare with as they can't compete healthily.

But honestly Igbos. But una dey suprise me sef sometimes. People like this attention seekers should be ignored. They have no class or clue so they try to compare.
@OnTheMoveWA and co.... calm down okay. Don't let jealousy kill you. If you don't like those things the Igbos say, go an hug a transformer ok. They did not notice you nor say it because of you. So why does it bother you. Its killing you. So help yourself, hug a transformer and end it all na. See me see wahala o.

OnTheMoveWA:
Why do Igbos usually say "I dey go village"? I've never heard an Igbo say " hometown". A friend said it's because 90% of Igbos come from rural "autonomous" communities. On another day I struggled to explain to an Igbo friend that I'm not from a village, neither are my parents nor my grandparents. They all came from towns/cities that are centuries old.

Now to the topic,

1. Those born in the "villa".

2. Those born in "no man's land"

3. Those born in the zoo.

There was almost going to be a 4th category - those born in the Lagoon but that was prevented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Governor, Wike, Reacts To Buhari's Suspension Of CJN / Abia State Government Declares Emergency On Environmental Sanitation. / ‘BVAS Hitches, Missing Voter Names’ — Yiaga Africa Releases Findings On Mock Acc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.