Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches (1831 Views)

Shocking!!! Two Men Spotted Fighting At Gt-bank ATM Machine (see Photos) / Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It / Becareful When You Are Helping Beggars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by ib22003(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2015
My friend sent his sales girl to pay in money at gt bank idumota branch yesterday, only for the girl to to call and say stories about the money. Investigations reviled that when the girl got to the bank, she went to the join the queue as usual , only for a guy to come and meet the last 4 people on the line and told them to follow him, which they did and they were asked to bring the there teller and money so it can be remitted upstairs which they did. She said she saw the guy go upstairs and come downstairs and entered a room then leave the room and go back upstairs. The room was later found out to be the toilet. After waiting for a while she decided to go upstairs and when she didn't see him instead of raising alarm, she came back downstairs and started asking around for him. My friend called her and she explained to him. He went to the bank and was told it does not concern the bank and that it's a transaction between two customers. He asked to see the manager and was refused to.
Please everyone should be careful, when In the banking hall at gt bank.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by winetapper: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2015
The sales girl sha Bleep up oo
undecided
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by jamex93(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2015
e don dey happen
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by eleko1: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2015
Good for those who like long leg.This how a cashier ran away with a customer 5 million customers the man see himself too big to queue
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 7:59am On Oct 17, 2015
this is not about GTBank and shouldn't be about GTBank..

it can happen in any bank.. when u decide to take short cut this is what u get.. I wonder y someone will allow his/her money taken without being a witness how d money was paid..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2015
Fourwinds:
this is not about GTBank and shouldn't be about GTBank..

it can happen in any bank.. when u decide to take short cut this is what u get.. I wonder y someone will allow his/her money taken without being a witness how d money was paid..

It is about GTbank. That really is not possible in a decent environment. No cameras to identify and go after the thief so as to redeem their image. again the manager or BCM refused to come out and clear the air. The other bankers can't rise to fight for the image of the bank, I rather, I they termed it customer to customer transaction.
they knew what transpired in the bank that day. I they scripted it and performed it but foolishly.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 8:17am On Oct 17, 2015
victorels:

It is about GTbank. That really is not possible in a decent environment. No cameras to identify and go after the thief so as to redeem their image. again the manager or BCM refused to come out and clear the air. The other bankers can't rise to fight for the image of the bank, I rather, I they termed it customer to customer transaction.
they knew what transpired in the bank that day. I they scripted it and performed it but foolishly.
what u are saying is void.. if u like go to d police nothing will come out of it.. if u were at the counter and presented ur money to a cashier then I will say u have a case to prove..

it was foolish on d part of d girl to give out her money without monitoring how d money was paid..
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by CARLOSZ: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2015
[size=18pt]GTB be providing safe heaven for theives since 1900.[/size]

Quote me anywhere
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2015
Fourwinds:
what u are saying is void.. if u like go to d police nothing will come out of it.. if u were at the counter and presented ur money to a cashier then I will say u have a case to prove..

it was foolish on d part of d girl to give out her money without monitoring how d money was paid..

The worst people on earth are pretenders. So the bank would have the boldness to even attempt to defend such a case. was the transaction carried outside the banking hall?

The bank has every responsibility of providing the identity of the thief, else, I they need no trial to be found guilty. don't they have security cameras in the bank? they may not have the responsibility of going after the culprit, but they have the responsibility of instilling confidence that they are not a layer to the crime. answers like that makes them not a suspect but a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 8:47am On Oct 17, 2015
victorels:

The worst people on earth are pretenders. So the bank would have the boldness to even attempt to defend such a case. If you are a banker, you are more of an illiterate to talk like this. was the transaction carried outside the banking hall?

The bank has every responsibility of providing the identity of the thief, else, I they need no trial to be found guilty. don't they have security cameras in the bank? they may not have the responsibility of going after the culprit, but they have the responsibility of instilling confidence that they are not a layer to the crime. answers like that makes them not a suspect but a fraud.
if u park ur car in a bank premises and it is stolen there., write d bank to buy u anther car because u were at their premises when it was stolen..

I think u lack maturity..u don't know when a case is for a bank and when it is not... during robbery if u like. hold #20 million into d bank., provided d cashier hasn't taken it from u before robbers strike., d lose. is urs alone
..get dat into ur skull
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 17, 2015
Fourwinds:
if u park ur car in a bank premises and it is stolen there., write d bank to buy u anther car because u were at their premises when it was stolen..

I think u lack maturity..u don't know when a case is for a bank and when it is not... during robbery if u like. hold #20 million into d bank., provided d cashier hasn't taken it from u before robbers strike., d lose. is urs alone
..get dat into ur skull

so funny. You are comparing fraud with arm robbery. someone enters your bank and perpetrated fraud in your bank openly and boldly, not against one person but a number of them and you think the bank has no responsibility? that is really sad.

I have been in a queue in a bank before and they also made this call to fast track their services. it is a normal in the bank so you have no right to blame the customers because the bank had been doing it. For the bank not taking action to solve this issue and earn a praise for being proactive, they remain mastermind of the act.

4 Likes

Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2015
victorels:

so funny. You are comparing fraud with arm robbery. someone enters your bank and perpetrated fraud in your bank openly and boldly, not against one person but a number of them and you think the bank has no responsibility? that is really sad.

I have been in a queue in a bank before and they also made this call to fast track their services. it is a normal in the bank so you have no right to blame the customers because the bank had been doing it. For the bank not taking action to solve this issue and earn a praise for being proactive, I they remain mastermind of the act.
what I'm telling u is if someone chose to help in a bank.,watch d person and make sure he/she not far from u.. if he wants u to keep a distance., tell him u want ur money and u are no longer interested in his/her help
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2015
Fourwinds:
what I'm telling u is if someone chose to help in a bank.,watch d person and make sure he/she not far from u.. if he wants u to keep a distance., tell him u want ur money and u are no longer interested in his/her help

The person in question did not present him/her self as some one trying to help the customers. The person presented himself as a bank staff rightbfore the bank and bank staff to render services to the scammed customers. that should be your concern. not trying to make it to appear as if the customer saw someone that knows someone in the bank that would help speed up her transaction.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2015
victorels:

The person in question did not present him/her self as some one trying to help the customers. The person presented himself as a bank staff rightbfore the bank and bank staff to render services to the scammed customers. that should be your concern. not trying to make it to appear as if the customer saw someone that knows someone in the bank that would help speed up her transaction.

what u are saying is not new to me in bank ok.. it is d over all head in d bank dat normally do this very thing u are talking about when customers are much not orderly cashiers or a worker there... he stands stand until he gets their tellers stamped and signed..
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2015
Fourwinds:
what u are saying is not new to me in bank ok.. it is d over all head in d bank dat normally do this very thing u are talking about when customers are much not orderly cashiers or a worker there... he stands stand until he gets their tellers stamped and signed..

So Non of the people in the queue or the victims knows the bank manager. The staff also take instructions from the manager. several cases that I have submitted my teller to pay in cash, it was through the security guards so the manager do not have to be the one doing the job.
Note: It is not one person that was a victim to the scam.
again why did the manager refuse to come out and answer why an imposter would come and do his work for him and not be noticed.
Their is a lot of questions to this. I know you want the OP not to emphasize GTBank. but you should appreciate that a serious case is made and then try to probe the case for solution. The bank branch was mentioned.
The best way to solve a problem is to see it as a challenge and not denying or pretending it doesn't exist.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Yazmin: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2015
A very simply thing is that I may see someone who wears a suit or pretend to be a banker wanting to help. I'd simply ask for an identity to prove who he represents.
Someone with no identity relating to the bank offers to help and he absconds and I place the blame on the bank?

The operations manager not the BRANCH manager as many would always think would have offered to at least view the CCTV to see any clues that may lead to apprehending the criminals. But that would be only a a help with no obligation on the bank

The bank clearly instructs you when you enter it's halls on different point: cash,cheques,transfers, draft,western union....where the hell did it instruct you to pay to a fast tracker with no teller point or identity card.

We customers are sometimes too much in a haste or want to cut corners rather than following simple rules. The fast guys know there exists such people and thus target them so they end up being the fools.

We can only empathize with such dupes and hope they learn for the future.

1 Like

Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2015
victorels:

So Non of the people in the queue or the victims knows the bank manager. The staff also take instructions from the manager. several cases that I have submitted my teller to pay in cash, it was through the security guards so the manager do not have to be the one doing the job.
Note: It is not one person that was a victim to the scam.
again why did the manager refuse to come out and answer why an imposter would come and do his work for him and not be noticed.
Their is a lot of questions to this. I know you want the OP not to emphasize GTBank. but you should appreciate that a serious case is made and then try to probe the case for solution. The bank branch was mentioned.
The best way to solve a problem is to see it as a challenge and not denying or pretending it doesn't exist.
if u are frequent in dis forum u will remember dat there a case of a man who was given fake dollars by an Hausa man Bureau De change and when d man took d money to FCMB they told him d money was fake.. so this gentleman went to d Hausa man and d Hausa man said it was d bank dat gave him d money.. let me tell u dat nothing was done in dis case..security men took d halpless man out of d bank..

so I will advice u to be careful with ur money..
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by ib22003(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
My friend told me it's 325000 that was collected for the sales girl. I spoke to the sales girl she's said they were four that the guy called. And that the way the guy called them then from the queue you won't believe he was not a staff.But she suspects the remaining three may be part of the group. she also said the guy collected there tellers first and went to the customer desk and went to talk with the person there before he went upstairs. Then he came back to pick there cash.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by ib22003(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
I was thinking what if the giy stamped the tellers as he went to the toilet and brought then back.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Caracta(f): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bottom line: Do not give your cash or items to whoever is not having a tag or Identity card.

This isn't news to me as it has happened several times. It's not peculiar to GTB.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by IndianaJay: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2015
Fourwinds:

But...how does someone boldly do such without some of the bank staff being in on it?

It's absolutely ridiculous not to blame the said bank for this.

In your own banking hall, where there should be cameras and all sorts of security equipment and such a thing still happens?

All the bank staff present in the banking hall should be questioned.
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by Fourwinds: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
IndianaJay:

But...how does someone boldly do such without some of the bank staff being in on it?

It's absolutely ridiculous not to blame the said bank for this.

In your own banking hall, where there should be cameras and all sorts of security equipment and such a thing still happens?

All the bank staff present in the banking hall should be questioned.
Oboy na grammer u dey speak so oooo.. when u dey inside bank safe guide ur money
Re: Becareful When You Go And Deposit At Gt Bank Branches by jamesbridget13(f): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
D bank has some answers to make. I bliv their staff either one or two saw d whole thing happening n decided to keep mute. Na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Photos Woman Give Birth To Half Human Half Goat In Jigawa State / Rise Of Zombies: The Latest High Ravaging Britain / Parent Confirms Five Year Old Daughter Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.