Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? (887 Views)

Has Africa’s First Lecturer Hiphop Artist Given Up On Music? / Man In G-Wagon Gives Money To Boys Selling Firewood Ahead Of Christmas / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2015
Late last year, radio personality Kelly Mac interviewed outspoken and undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather. The boxer confessed that he has a “good heart,” but that he does not feel obligated to give to charities, specifically in Africa. “[People] say ‘well, he got all this money, why is he not giving to Africa?’” starts Mayweather. “Well, what has Africa given to us? What has Africa came and gave to my children and to my family? Things work two ways.” He then discussed the threat that he believes giving too much money to charity can cause.
“Everybody’s always talking about giving, giving, giving. That’s the problem. Everybody’s doing so much giving, at the end of the day, they may not have nothing. Then they’ll say ‘why was he giving this to that person, and giving this to that person when he should have been saving?’” Mayweather goes on to say that he should be able to do whatever he wants with his earnings, such as using it to provide for himself and his family. “I never got involved in the sport of boxing to say ‘I’m going to fight and make hundreds of millions of dollars and just give it all away.’ If I’m gonna mess money off in a bad way, I’m going to spend it on myself. I’m going to do what I want to do with my money.

You hear people talking about, ‘well, he should…donate to this or donate to that.’ No, I should donate to Floyd Mayweather, donate to Floyd Mayweather’s family. Because that’s what it’s about.” According to Celebrity Net Worth, Mayweather, 37, is worth $170 million. Mayweather also has a charity, The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Foundation, in which the foundation declares to help underprivileged youth in Las Vegas, Nevada. Recently, Mayweather has been in the news for reportedly spending $50,000 for rapper Nicki Minaj to appear at his daughter’s birthday party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8bkXXcEGA

article source is much but u can find it better here
http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Floyd+Mayweather:+“Why+Should+I+Donate+Money+To+Africa”,+“What+Has+Africa+Done+For+Me”%3F&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=sxsiVqadDIr0UOirkOAK

1 Like

Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2015
How do you expect this to be sweet without a source.
Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by Khd95(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Oponu,he would rather spend it on strippers
Africans especialy nigerians dont need ur money,spend it anyhow u desire

1 Like

Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by onosprince(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by Judeoxide(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2015
His money, his life...but he ain't that reach now...so many business men are reacher than him in naija alone...he lives a show off lifestyle
Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by obontami: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2015
[size=23pt]floyd is an iidiot

A chicken boxer at that, the fool duck manny pacquaio for years, before we boxing fans push him to the wall to fight pacman

Left for me me I still believe he bribed the judges and the referee, inorder to make the fight favor him

He should have choose to fight gennady golovkin for his last fight, I'm sure ggg while put him on the wheel-chair

You this arrogant bald chicken,

Floyd is also a woman beater, he actually beat his baby mama in front of his children, which actually land him in jail some years back

Anofia okuko [/size]
Re: Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me? by thorpido(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2015
A rich boxer who's sense of reasoning is shallow.

(1) (Reply)

Stop All Useless Messages From Mtn, Airtel And Etisalat By Dialing This Code. / Your Embody Needs Death After Metric Breeding Monster Muscle X / When You Attend The Burial Of Your Wicked Uncle [PIX]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.