Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,526 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing (1051 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / Buhari's Claim That Boko Haram Is ‘Not Holding Any Territory’ Exaggerated / Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by nonny001(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Please ignore that headline. I just needed your attention.

Boko Haram can NEVER be a blessing. It’s a curse: a big problem. But in every problem, there is an opportunity.

For Christianity, it is an opportunity to fulfill their ultimate mandate, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” – Matthew 28: 19 (KJV).

That is what this article is about: a Christian wake-up call.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-IRtzUA85iOA/ViJefLXy1QI/AAAAAAAAAlA/t-yBHn9OWCU/s1600/Wake%2Bup%2B2.jpg[/img]

“Islam is a religion of peace,” but it has WAR as its tool of conversion… and they’re so passionate about it. They’re even ready to die spreading it. WHAT ARE CHRISTIANS DOING?

Christians convert by preaching, teaching and explaining. That’s how we (Africans) got Christianity.

And the white missionaries – those who brought Christianity to us – they were passionate… so passionate that they were ready to die for it… remember Mary Slecor?

And with their coming came other good things: conscience, death of suppressive culture and tradition, respect for human dignity and life and much more.

The north needs Christianity too.

The only problem is; the white missionaries’ passion is dying in us… if not dead already.

In fact, we don’t need to take the same risk they took. And WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY.”

And the “WILL” is the will of the father, “He (the Lord) does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent” – 2Peter 3:9 (New Living Translation).

From this WILL comes the ultimate command, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” – Matthew 28: 19 (KJV).

And until we connect ourselves to this “WILL”, we are nothing but half-Christians.

And when I say we, I mean individual Christians and the church as a body.

Building a befitting place for the Lord is good and must be done. But it’s not the ULTIMATE. Spreading the gospel is. Desiring prosperity is NOT bad, but it’s only secondary.

When there is a will, the way will come: When there is passion, creativity and ingenuity will follow.

But how come NO Christian missionary around?

Everywhere I go (in the south), I see our northern brothers swelling in their numbers. May be they were chased from home.

How come no bible written in Hausa? Isn’t it supposed to be everywhere by now? How come I see nobody giving them the good news? How come I’m yet to hear of a church or denomination creatively ministering to them?

Jehovah witness are very skilled at home to home ministration. Very admirable. But what of our Hausa speaking brothers? Don’t they deserve salvation too?

I see many churches dish out fliers. Is there none for these new brethrens in our midst?

I’m yet to see a group with a “northern missionary ministry” – or its equivalent. Why?

These northerners in the south are potential agents of change. Give them the good news and they will take it back home. That region needs peace and the Christian community is partly responsible.

CAN should discuss this. It’s that serious.

Please click here to continue reading... http:///1LzSVPs

1 Like

Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by jlinkd78(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
I totally concur
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by DaBullIT(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nnoted
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by Psylas(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
Stupid christians, ie why they keep bombing you
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by sinkhole: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
@OP, there are hausa bibles and other hausa christian materials, hymn books, prayer books etc and there are plenty hausa misionary bodies COCIN, ECWA, NKST etc, what is needed is passion and taking tribalism out of us(I mean we African christians); a yoruba christian see a hausa speaking christian as a dumb ass, while a hausa speaking christian from, say Plateau will hardly want to mingle with his/her southern brethren, they prefer mingling with their hausa/fulani muslim brothers!

1 Like

Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by luche90(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Actually, it is a huge blessing. They are a huge help in decreasing and possibly exterminating the northern savages. But their best work, will be their entrance into the southwest. I foresee them reducing to a very significant low number the amount of rats in the southwest. By 2038, the yorubitches could be struggling with a population of 3 million. That is why Boko Haram is a gift from God.
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by PPAngel(f): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
Actually, it is a huge blessing. They are a huge help in decreasing and possibly exterminating the northern savages. But their best work, will be their entrance into the southwest. I for see their reducing to a very significant low number the amount of rats in the southwest. By 2038, the yorubitches could be struggling with a population of 3 million. That is why Boko Haram is a gift from God.

the yoruba is vermin that needs to be eradicated

this i concur with

Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by PPAngel(f): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
Actually, it is a huge blessing. They are a huge help in decreasing and possibly exterminating the northern savages. But their best work, will be their entrance into the southwest. I for see their reducing to a very significant low number the amount of rats in the southwest. By 2038, the yorubitches could be struggling with a population of 3 million. That is why Boko Haram is a gift from God.

this i concur with
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by Zillionglobal(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Op you have good intention but your pics portends lie, that pics of dead people took place in kenya years back as a result of fuel tanker explosion it killed 230 persons. Plz next time use a pic that reflects truth. God bless.
nonny001:
Please ignore that headline. I just needed your attention.

Boko Haram can NEVER be a blessing. It’s a curse: a big problem. But in every problem, there is an opportunity.

For Christianity, it is an opportunity to fulfill their ultimate mandate, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” – Matthew 28: 19 (KJV).

That is what this article is about: a Christian wake-up call.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-IRtzUA85iOA/ViJefLXy1QI/AAAAAAAAAlA/t-yBHn9OWCU/s1600/Wake%2Bup%2B2.jpg[/img]

“Islam is a religion of peace,” but it has WAR as its tool of conversion… and they’re so passionate about it. They’re even ready to die spreading it. WHAT ARE CHRISTIANS DOING?

Christians convert by preaching, teaching and explaining. That’s how we (Africans) got Christianity.

And the white missionaries – those who brought Christianity to us – they were passionate… so passionate that they were ready to die for it… remember Mary Slecor?

And with their coming came other good things: conscience, death of suppressive culture and tradition, respect for human dignity and life and much more.

The north needs Christianity too.

The only problem is; the white missionaries’ passion is dying in us… if not dead already.

In fact, we don’t need to take the same risk they took. And WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY.”

And the “WILL” is the will of the father, “He (the Lord) does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent” – 2Peter 3:9 (New Living Translation).

From this WILL comes the ultimate command, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” – Matthew 28: 19 (KJV).

And until we connect ourselves to this “WILL”, we are nothing but half-Christians.

And when I say we, I mean individual Christians and the church as a body.

Building a befitting place for the Lord is good and must be done. But it’s not the ULTIMATE. Spreading the gospel is. Desiring prosperity is NOT bad, but it’s only secondary.

When there is a will, the way will come: When there is passion, creativity and ingenuity will follow.

But how come NO Christian missionary around?

Everywhere I go (in the south), I see our northern brothers swelling in their numbers. May be they were chased from home.

How come no bible written in Hausa? Isn’t it supposed to be everywhere by now? How come I see nobody giving them the good news? How come I’m yet to hear of a church or denomination creatively ministering to them?

Jehovah witness are very skilled at home to home ministration. Very admirable. But what of our Hausa speaking brothers? Don’t they deserve salvation too?

I see many churches dish out fliers. Is there none for these new brethrens in our midst?

I’m yet to see a group with a “northern missionary ministry” – or its equivalent. Why?

These northerners in the south are potential agents of change. Give them the good news and they will take it back home. That region needs peace and the Christian community is partly responsible.

CAN should discuss this. It’s that serious.

Please click here to continue reading... http:///1LzSVPs
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by Nature8(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
Actually, it is a huge blessing. They are a huge help in decreasing and possibly exterminating the northern savages. But their best work, will be their entrance into the southwest. I foresee them reducing to a very significant low number the amount of rats in the southwest. By 2038, the yorubitches could be struggling with a population of 3 million. That is why Boko Haram is a gift from God.

Bro this is too harsh na.. No matter what, we shouldn't be too harsh on people.. We're all human being..
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by MisterLongman(m): 7:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
PPAngel:

this i concur with

And both of you will be deluding yourselves that you will make heaven with these evil thoughts that resides in your heart....

Obadiah 1:12 says "You should not gloat over your
brother in the day of his
misfortune, nor rejoice over the
people of Judah in the day of
their destruction, nor boast so
much in the day of their trouble."

While Proverbs 17:5 says "Those who mock the poor insult
their Maker; those who rejoice at
the misfortune of others will be
punished."

You guys and the boko haram terrorists belong to the same league since you share the same vision
Re: Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing by ezeagu(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
nonny001:

nonny001:

Fucking brainwashed slaves.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Updated. PDP Caucus In The Senate Vows to Oppose Amaechi's Screening / Onyeama Dodges "Biafran Bullet" At Senate Hearing / I Call For The Removal Of Arabic Words From Our Currency And Logos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.