Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; (14856 Views)

Aisha Buhari's Letter To Fayose Demanding Retraction & Apologies / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
As a result of the out roar in the social media over the recent happenings in Akure, Ondo state, caused by the Eze Ndigbo of Akure flogging, me being a part of the team that criticised the Obas actions have come to apologise to the Oba and the Yorubas over the action of the Eze of Akure.
After doing some indepth research and reading some articles I found out that the story had been exaggerated and blown out of proportion that the Eze was at fault.
A King passed a law in his domain stating that the Eze of Akure had been removed, instead of the Eze to humbly beg that the law be reversed in the most quiet and diplomatic manner available, the Eze organised a protest questioning his removal, to me that was utter show of disrespect and I support the Oba for his action.
Note;
(1) this is the same treatment that a fellow yoruba would have undergone if he or she had behaved in such manner not that the Oba was witch hunting anybody.
(2) if this kind of behavior was displayed in the north or in a place like Bayelsa or some Niger delta areas by now not only would the Eze be beaten the youths would attack and start looting igbo shops around.
(3) kudos to the yorubas for handling this matter is the most matured way possible, truly u guys are accommodating.
* I cant understand yoruba but below is the protest video, watch if u can, its a proof that the protest really took place*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuVYM1Rz3tc
God bless Yoruba land.
God bless Igbo land.
God bless Nigeria.
Let peace reign.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by IGBOPRINCE: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
I reserves my comment.

1 Like

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Firefire(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Moments of truth...

I watch the video and see that there was an affront by the Eze on the royal stool of Akure as claimed in the news clip.

A political / diplomatic approach could have resolved the fracas, instead of resulting to protest and blockage of all roads in Akure by the Ndigbos in support of the dethroned Eze.

The Deji of Akure position remains, the Igbo community in Akure should nominate another Chief as the former stands removed.

Peaceful coexistence is the way forward because...

"At the core of coexistence is the awareness that individuals and groups differ in numerous ways including class, ethnicity, religion, gender, and political inclination. These group identities may be the causes of conflicts, contribute to the causes of conflicts, or may be solidified as conflicts develop and escalate".

Sorry for the long epistle... Khaminwa (2003) posited coexistence below:

Coexistence has been defined in numerous ways:

To exist together (in time or place) and to exist in mutual tolerance.
To learn to recognize and live with difference.
To have a relationship between persons or groups in which none of the parties is trying to destroy the other.
To interact with a commitment to tolerance, mutual respect, and the agreement to settle conflicts without recourse to violence.

However, peace is better than war.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Shalom!
E&OE

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by MabraO: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
Watch how those flat headed monkeys would avoid this thread

10 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by 01emek(m): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thunder!!! smiley
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
Firefire:
Moments of truth...
at least I be learnt one thing in every story always listen to both sides before making conclusions.
stories might lie, pictures might lie but a live video cannot lie.

9 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
I comment my reserve.
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
I reserves my comment.
watch the video.
The yorubas are not kids in this Nigeria, they have witnessed things, done things and made decisions,
they know how to think far, most of these Niaraland yorubas that if u go through there post u wud be seeing curses all through I discovered are the most harmless ones. I know stuffs like this would have happened in Lagos at one point in time, the fact that they managed it in the best and peaceful way possible tells alot about them, me I prefer to be a coward let my state be as developed as Lagos than to be brave and let my state be backward.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by DeLaRue: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Well done Op.

It's clear this is not about Igbo or no Igbo. It's about the personal character flaw of the man/ the Eze.

See him riding in a car with protesters around him! As Op said this is a wrong way.

15 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Mogidi: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
A King passed a law in his domain [size=15pt]stating that the Eze of Akure had been removed[/size], instead of the Eze to humbly beg that the law be reversed in the most quiet and diplomatic manner available, the Eze organised a protest questioning his removal, to me that was utter show of disrespect and I support the Oba for his action.

It would be wrong for him to call himself the Eze of Akure, if however he was the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, I see no justification in the Deji meddling in the affairs of his Igbo subjects.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by BlackTechnology: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Flogging him was still not the solution

Next time just hand him over to the police for attempt to breach public peace angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
Seriously, the Eze Ndigbo guy was rude. He needs to learn the art of diplomacy.

Deji is not even against Eze Ndigbo title. From what he said, he is favorably disposed to naming another person Eze Ndigbo. I love his Akure dialect, smooth, flowing and original.

Akure Oloyemekun!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Iykopee(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Is the eze ndigbo also known as eze ndiyoruba? Yorubastards shud focus on their people and forget about the igbos and their ezes. In Rivers where i come from, the igbos have same set of people parading as eze ndigbo yet, nobody gives a hoot about that. Its purely an igbo man's business. If anybody shud fight over the eze thingy in yoruba land, it shud be the igbos and not yorubas. unless the yorubas want to tell the world that dey dont fancy a liberal society.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Iykopee(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Is the eze ndigbo also known as eze ndiyoruba? Yorubastards shud focus on their people and forget about the igbos and their ezes. In Rivers where i come from, the igbos have same set of people parading as eze ndigbo yet, nobody gives a hoot about that. Its purely an igbo man's business. If anybody shud fight over the eze thingy in yoruba land, it shud be the igbos and not yorubas. unless the yorubas want to tell the world that dey dont fancy living in a liberal society.
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by winniz: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
So you support the removal of Eze Ndigbo of Akure by the Oba without any reason undecided

1 Like

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
Iykopee:
Is the eze ndigbo also known as eze ndiyoruba? Yorubastards shud focus on their people and forget about the igbos and their ezes. In Rivers where i came from, the igbos have same set of people parading as eze ndigbo yet, nobody gives a hoot about that. Its purely an igbo man's business. If anybody shud fight over the eze thingy in yoruba land, it shud be the igbos and not yorubas. unless the yorubas want to tell the world that dey dont fancy a liberal society.

Lol. Foolish kids.

50 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Aromas: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Flogging him was still not the solution

Next time just hand him over to the police for attempt to breach public peace angry
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ade basket; that guy is notorious.
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Movic1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
Iykopee:
Is the eze ndigbo also known as eze ndiyoruba? Yorubastards shud focus on their people and forget about the igbos and their ezes. In Rivers where i came from, the igbos have same set of people parading as eze ndigbo yet, nobody gives a hoot about that. Its purely an igbo man's business. If anybody shud fight over the eze thingy in yoruba land, it shud be the igbos and not yorubas. unless the yorubas want to tell the world that dey dont fancy living in a liberal society.
Stop acting like a F00l, Open the link and watch the Video.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Lushore1: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
Well done OP, i expect more apologies in the coming days from decent igbo leader in akure.

5 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by winniz: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

at least I be learnt one thing in every story always listen to both sides before making conclusions.
stories might lie, pictures might lie but a live video cannot lie.

So what's your point?
Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by HopeAtHand: 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Iykopee:
Is the eze ndigbo also known as eze ndiyoruba? Yorubastards shud focus on their people and forget about the igbos and their ezes. In Rivers where i came from, the igbos have same set of people parading as eze ndigbo yet, nobody gives a hoot about that. Its purely an igbo man's business. If anybody shud fight over the eze thingy in yoruba land, it shud be the igbos and not yorubas. unless the yorubas want to tell the world that dey dont fancy a liberal society.

Where exactly in Rivers do you come from??

Imagine Igbos blocking the Palace of the Paramount Ruler of Port Harcourt because they are protesting a decree..hehehehehehe

Guy, trouble no good.

20 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Movic1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Arrogant Eze in his SUV with plate number Eze Ndigo 1. The Deji is not against Eze, He said if the igbos want Eze they should send another name to him.
I have remove this current Eze,he shouldnt wear beads or crown within Akure,if he's out of Akure or his Village he can put on beads and crown,the igbos should send another name that will serve as chairman of the igbos. Deji of Akure

22 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
winniz:
So you support the removal of Eze Ndigbo of Akure by the Oba without any reason undecided
watch d video.
someone that can display such arrogance I believe that he had already done worse.

8 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by MisterLongman(m): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
The stvpid eze ndigbo thinks akure is same as lagos where they claim to have an imaginary 98% of the population......

I'm so happy the youths dealt with them. Its been a long time coming

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by FreeGlobe(f): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

watch the video.
The yorubas are not kids in this Nigeria, they have witnessed things, done things and made decisions,
they know how to think far, most of these Niaraland yorubas that if u go through there post u wud be seeing curses all through I discovered are the most harmless ones. I know stuffs like this would have happened in Lagos at one point in time, the fact that they managed it in the best and peaceful way possible tells alot about them, me I prefer to be a coward let my state be as developed as Lagos than to be brave and let my state be backward.
This is utter rubbish!!!!!!!! But you are entitled to your opinion

7 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by winniz: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

watch d video.
someone that can display such arrogance I believe that he had already done worse.

You didn't answer my question, I repeat do you support Eze Ndigbo of Akure removal by the Oba without any justification?

3 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Where exactly in Rivers do you come from??

Imagine Igbos blocking the Palace of the Paramount Ruler of Port Harcourt because they are protesting a decree..hehehehehehe

Guy, trouble no good.
I dae tell u o, the Eze fu*ckup,,, for them to get power do that kind thing e mean say the yorubas for that side don dae EXTREMELY friendly with them.

10 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by jaymichael(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:

It would be wrong for him to call himself the Eze of Akure, if however he was the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, I see no justification in the Deji meddling in the affairs of his Igbo subjects.
Not when the impostor "Eze ndigbo" meddled or rather usurped the power of the Deji by choosing the leadership of the market which by customary law falls within the purview of the Deji of Akure.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
winniz:

You didn't answer my question, I repeat do you support Eze Ndigbo of Akure removal by the Oba without any justification?

there is a justification and it is him trying to lord over a market in yoruba land which is against the law.

8 Likes

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Iykopee:

It's not about a liberal society thing. It's about respecting the culture and tradition of your society, the very essence why there is something called customary law in Nigeria, something that's expressly codified in our constitution. The prevailing customs and tradition of Akure might be different from that of Benin, and that of Onitsha also different from Ife's. It is on the basis of these customs that traditionalists can sometimes impose curfew even as long as seven days. A case in point was when Ooni joined his ancestors. Oro, even in some parts of Lagos, is still being observed. It's one thing to despise such customs, it's entirely another to knowingly attempt to desecrate it.

Also, Deji has a right to depose him. The title was not conferred on him by his fellow Igbo but by Oba Adepoju, the one that was deposed for engaging in abominable act (he supervised the beating of his wife). So the authority that conferred the chieftancy title on him can equally disrobe him.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
jaymichael:
Not when the impostor "Eze ndigbo" meddled or rather usurped the power of the Deji by choosing the leadership of the market which by customary law falls within the purview of the Deji of Akure.
to me its right, if the yorubas hadnt stopped him from trying to lord over that one market, very soon he would repeat same in another market.
If the yorubas over look that one too, very soon he might start passing laws in the land. Thats the domination tendency northerners detest about we igbos lets try to curb it.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Rescues 3,000 Civilians From Boko Haram - Military Sources Confirm / Watch Finance Minister Kemi Adesun's Erroneous Mathematical Calculations. / EFCC Clamps Down On Outgoing Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.