Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

As Governor Of Lagos State, I Didn't Sign Cheques - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Governor Of Lagos State, I Didn't Sign Cheques - Fashola (416 Views)

Federal High Court Affirms Ikpeazu As Governor / Arm Deal Scandal- Like Fashola Jonathan Doesn't Sign Cheques. / Did Akpabio Sign Cheques When He Was Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Governor Of Lagos State, I Didn't Sign Cheques - Fashola by ODUBEZE: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
“I cannot claim credit for my success in Lagos State” “Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place”. “Security is the toughest job a leader has”. “I felt responsible for every citizen who was robbed”. “We can redress political abuses, but cannot recover a life already lost”. “Nigeria has about 500,000 standing policemen. We are under-policed”. “State Police will create employment and curb domestic violence”. “We must commend our founding fathers for conceptualising the creation of Abuja”. “The concept of loyalty is a very strange one. My prayer is that “may our loyalties never be tested.” “As Governor of Lagos I didn’t sign cheques. I’ve never signed cheques, I didn’t fix contract prices. The only training I have is as a lawyer”. “Nobody has alleged that I wrongly enriched myself”. ‘I have remained loyal to causes I signed to. I stand by my word’. “Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word”. “The unfortunate thing about money is that it raises suspicion, even among brothers”. “Government should not get involved in needless disputes”. “The choices we make define the result we get”. ‘This Nation has a lot of money outside its borders. Nigerians are investing more abroad’. “Those who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse”. “The consequence of making promises is the right to accountability “The right to freedom is not absolute. It carries responsibility not to be a nuisance" - Vanguard. Fashola is a man with little words but many actions.
Re: As Governor Of Lagos State, I Didn't Sign Cheques - Fashola by Niyeal(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
D

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Nigerians And "Crabs In The Bucket" / 70 Year Old Man Apprehended In Abuja For Calling Himself Buhari’s Adviser. / Ibeju Lekki Lands For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.