Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? (1258 Views)

The Architecture Of Pre-colonial Africa - Photos / Photos: Pre-colonial Trading Route Of The Igbos. / It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 2:00am On Oct 18, 2015
Episode 1 is finally here for your viewing pleasure. Please show your support by subscribing. I'm getting surprisingly low views... I wish I knew why sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOVIfBC2P0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Wulfruna(f): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2015
Keep at it, Kanoro. Views will certainly pick up. Give it time. I like this.
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2015
Wulfruna:
Keep at it, Kanoro. Views will certainly pick up. Give it time. I like this.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know it's far from perfect, this is all new to me but I'm learning as I go. smiley
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by nameo: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
This is really good, OP.

I get the concept/motivation behind it. And it is great.

Please, don't be discouraged by the slow start. You are way ahead of your time, datz all.

God bless...
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by tpiander: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
nameo:

Please, don't be discouraged by the slow start. You are way ahead of your time, datz all.

how so?
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2015
nameo:
This is really good, OP.

I get the concept/motivation behind it. And it is great.

God bless...

Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and yea you're right. I guess I just had higher expectations. I am averaging less than one view per hour even though I've been posting this in so many different places and even promoted it on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
I'm actually very impressed. Better than I expected, it's really quite interesting.But if I may ask, what's with the roman soldiers and emblem at the beginning.
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:
I'm actually very impressed. Better than I expected, it's really quite interesting.But if I may ask, what's with the roman soldiers and emblem at the beginning.

Roman soldiers? That was a rather good representation of Bini soldiers (as seen from Bini artworks). A bit 'fancified' though.

1 Like

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Radoillo:

Roman soldiers? That was a rather good representation of Bini soldiers (as seen from Bini artworks). A bit 'fancified' though.

Lol! They wore sandals and robes with the signature roman eagle emblem.
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

What emblem are you talking about? And what Roman soldiers? I Have an Ashanti soldier, 2 Benin soldiers, and no emblems.
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
Radoillo:

How were they fancied? I designed them directly from this bronze plaques and added nothing to them other than the helmets and the shields (which I took from other benin plaques)

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2015
Kanoro:

How were they fancied? I designed them directly from this bronze plaques and added nothing to them other than the helmets and the shields (which I took from other benin plaques)

I wasn't saying you added anything. What I was saying is there is a certain...finesse (?) in your representations which I don't really get from viewing the plaques. Not a criticism. I know you were as faithful to the original as possible.

1 Like

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2015
Radoillo:

I wasn't saying you added anything. What I was saying is there is a certain...finesse (?) in your representations which I don't really get from viewing the plaques. Not a criticism. I know you were as faithful to the original as possible.

Well I'm not offended or anything, just confused. Like can you be a bit more specific? I'm not really following you. If anything, I think I'm actually lacking detail and intricacy, like the design on the chest bell for example. And some of the other objects on the armor. I didn't want to risk interpreting them incorrectly.
Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kanoro:

Well I'm not offended or anything, just confused. Like can you be a bit more specific? I'm not really following you. If anything, I think I'm actually lacking detail and intricacy, like the design on the chest bell for example. And some of the other objects on the armor. I didn't want to risk interpreting them incorrectly.

There you go! The somewhat lack of detail sort of made the military gear 'less crowded' than it probably was in old Benin. But don't sweat it. Like I said your end product has a certain finesse lacking in the original and I like that.

1 Like

Re: Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? by Kanoro: 1:09am On Oct 21, 2015
Radoillo:

There you go! The somewhat lack of detail sort of made the military gear 'less crowded' than it probably was in old Benin. But don't sweat it. Like I said your end product has a certain finesse lacking in the original and I like that.

Oh I thought you were saying the opposite. My bad.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me translate this Ibibio words. / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People / British Museum Will Return Bronze Artifacts Looted From Benin Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.