Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,971 members, 7,828,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) (905 Views)

Bus Carrying Bauchi Students Crashes On Their Way For Excursion In Kano. Photos / Hungry Man Collapses On A Highway In Owerri (Photos) / "Wizard" Caught Flying Over Calabar Highway (photos+video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by calabardick(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2015
An aircraft carrying U.S. military personnel today has made an emergency landing in the middle of a highway after running out of fuel in Ugandan town, Ugandan police said. The Piper aircraft with eight people on board, including two crew members was returning to Uganda’s Entebbe International Airport when it had to make an emergency landing in Mityana town, some 67 kilometers (about 41 miles) from the Ugandan capital of Kampala. No one was hurt and the aircraft wasn’t damaged, but motor traffic flow was seriously disrupted. The said aircraft was initially heading to South Sudan but it couldn’t land there and had to return to Uganda. It was not immediately clear why the pilot could not land in South Sudan.

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by MosakuAW(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2015
Thank God it landed safely without causing any fatal accident.

The pilot should be suspended for awhile for such school boy mistake of not knowing the fuel wont be enough.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by whirlwind7(m): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2015
Well, tell me how a pilot couldn't figure out if the amount of fuel in the aircraft would be enough for the duration of the flight. It isn't wartime, where you just had to take off in an emergency.

At least it found a good stretch of relatively calm highway to land on. Try doing that in Lagos... angry
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by free2naira: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2015
Am I an ftc today?
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by Tallesty1(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2015
free2naira:
Am I an ftc today?
Nope
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by rildwanullahi(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2015
free2naira:
Am I an ftc today?
no, this is stale news
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by ikbnice(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2015
The pilot who flew the plane must be sick, he didnt know the fuel wasn't enough. Anyway, if it were to be in Nigeria sha, we would be typing RIP by now.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by mymadam(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2015
ikbnice:
The pilot who flew the plane must be sick, he didnt know the fuel wasn't enough. Anyway, if it were to be in Nigeria sha, we would be typing RIP by now.

Read, read, read! "...The said aircraft was initially heading to South Sudan but it couldn’t land there and had to return to Uganda..."
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by mymadam(m): 11:06am On Oct 18, 2015
whirlwind7:
Well, tell me how a pilot couldn't figure out if the amount of fuel in the aircraft would be enough for the duration of the flight. It isn't wartime, where you just had to take off in an emergency...

Take a few moments to read the post first before commenting! "...The said aircraft was initially heading to South Sudan but it couldn’t land there and had to return to Uganda..."
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by Khd95(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2015
Me wonder how it was possible for d pilot to land on xprass way knowin its not chopper

I need hand biko
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by whirlwind7(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2015
mymadam:

Take a few moments to read the post first before commenting! "...The said aircraft was initially heading to South Sudan but it couldn’t land there and had to return to Uganda..."

You right, bro. My bad.
Thanks.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Landed On Highway In Uganda (PHOTO) by mymadam(m): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2015
whirlwind7:

You right, bro. My bad.Thanks.

wink @whirlwind7, notin' do you. You're a gentleman. Have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Kebbi State. / BREAKING: Ex-education Minister, Aja-nwachukwu Is Dead / See The Mansion Governor Reportedly Built After Few Months In Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.