Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian (787 Views)

Trouble In Tinubu's Household -the Guardian / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by moneygurl: 6:56am On Apr 30, 2009
Here is the full interview. Its too long to post. It was done before the election on Saturday.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article00//indexn2_html?pdate=300409&ptitle=THE%20PRESIDENT%27S%20INTERVIEW
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by DRANOEL(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2009
read through the interview and i was amazed how the man has grip about a lot of issues affecting nigeria,his anwsers were elaborate and showed the man is quite intelligent,it appears he isnt as dead beat as we all think he is!
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by vigasimple(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
I have not read the interview and Yar A'dull answers. I have no reason to doubt that the answers will have come from being coached the weekend and the night before the interview.

Ask yourself this questions, where are the actions to show for all that he knew after almost 2 years in office.

AS for me, I refused to be fooled and lied to with a clueless, visionless and NO POINTS AGENDA , servant non-leader.

Think about it once again, he has a mandate for 4 years, election campaign will start at the begining of the 3rd year. Half way through his term, he has not done NADA.

I am sorry for Nigerians for this Yar A'nothing president , the head of a DO NOTHING PARTY call PDP. Unfortunately all those AC, ANPP and the rest are hopeless oppositions.

Only God will deliver us from PDP and nigerian politicians.

N.B I tried to read the interview but it is too long. The guardian should have brokn it down for easy readership.
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by tboy1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
Didnt read it all . . . Too long
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2009
DRANOEL:

read through the interview and i was amazed how the man has grip about a lot of issues affecting nigeria,his anwsers were elaborate and showed the man is quite intelligent,it appears he isnt as dead beat as we all think he is!

Did anybody see him answering these questions?

Exclusive interview in Nigeria includes sending a series of typed questions and the person responding. . . . . and u know this might be an aide taking time to answer these questions and vetting them before it is published.

Let him be man enough to grant a live press conference on TV . . . . . . then I will agree he has a grasp of the real issues.
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by MrCrackles(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2009
Topic

Yar A Dua gave interview? shocked shocked shocked

What language did he speak in? grin
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by sbo(m): 10:31pm On May 01, 2009
Unlike Ex-President Obasanjo, one can describe President Yar’Adua as a man who is shy and unassuming. However, his perceived ‘soft’ nature has also continued to fuel speculations about his leadership qualities and more importantly, his understanding of the challenges facing the position he currently occupies. Following my review of his two years of stewardship, I have personally come to a conclusion that, President Yar’Adua just doesn’t get it? Having said that, this last interview somewhat paints a different picture of the ‘servant leader’. The reason why he has waited for two years before granting such a media interview is still beyond me.

Contrary to public speculations and beliefs, I was amazed by President Yar’Adua understanding of Nigerian issues. He was very articulate in his response to questions, most of which he backed with facts and figures. He looked like a man who is on top of his game. He came across as very intelligent. We however need to remember that he used to be a university lecturer and also holds a PhD degree. So I don’t think I’m well qualified to doubt his intelligence in any shape or form. However the question on my mind is, after two years in office, where are the actions to show for this intelligence?

Has President Yar’Adua been able to convince me with the exuberant display of his knowledge about national issues? At this point I’m not sure. As I sceptic, it is reasonable to assume that the President would have had enough time to prepare for this type of interviews. His advisers and spin doctors who have seen the questions before hand and provide him with proper briefing. Therefore it is difficult to tell who is actually ‘speaking’. Is it President himself or the ‘doctored’ response prepared by his advisers and spin doctors?

Anyway as they say, actions are louder than voice. The President still has two more years on his mandate to convince Nigerians he actually knows what he his talking about.

www...com
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by 4Play(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2009
A talking corpse? shocked
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by proudly9ja(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2009
I am not a fan but when it comes to book intelligence, Ithink I can rate him high. This is because I heard Yaradua speak once before he became president. At that interview, he was not only speaking about political issues, he was also talking about science (he used to be a physcis lecturer), at that time, I really had hopes for Nigeria because of the contents of what he said. In two years, the hopes I had in him have dissolved. I still pray he can turn things around not just for his sake but for the sake of Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole.

His major problem in my opinion is that he has not got the ability to play the politics as he should and he has surrounded himself with the wrong people.
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On May 01, 2009
proudly9ja:

I am not a fan but when it comes to book intelligence, Ithink I can rate him high. This is because I heard Yaradua speak once[b] before he became president[/b]. At that interview, he was not only speaking about political issues, he was also talking about science (he used to be a physcis lecturer), at that time, I really had hopes for Nigeria because of the contents of what he said. In two years, the hopes I had in him have dissolved. I still pray he can turn things around not just for his sake but for the sake of Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole.

His major problem in my opinion is that he has not got the ability to play the politics as he should and he has surrounded himself with the wrong people.

when was this? Before he served as governor of Katsina state for 8 solid years or during? lol
Re: Yar'ardua's Exclusive Interview With The Guardian by proudly9ja(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2009
I think the interview was when he was still governor of Katsina state but after he was confirmed as PDP presidential aspirant. I think the reporters did a series of interviews with the aspirants back then.

(1) (Reply)

Is The PDP A Political Party Or A Political Cult? / FG Deregulates Railways, Approves N114bn For Locomotives / Who Is Winning Mend Or Fg Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.