Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (38952 Views)

South East Senate Caucus To Boycott Buhari’s Town Hall Parley / Nigerians Turned Back From Buhari's Town Hall Meeting (Photos) / Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by HungerBAD: 3:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Daura is an ancient city with rich cultural and historical heritage. The town is famously known as the pillar of the Hausa lineage and it borders neighbouring Niger Republic.

The rich history of the Kusugu well myth can be seen all over the places in Daura. The legendary Kusugu well, inside which the snake called Sarki was slain, serves as a major tourist attraction in Daura.

The town serves as a transit town for many business merchants that mostly ply the busy Kwangwalan border for business. Recently, mainly due to the emergence of the son of the land as Nigeria’s president, the influx of people to the town, from all parts of the country, increased tremendously.

However, the task of getting comfortable accommodations for tourists and business persons became herculean as there are few hotels to cater for the growing numbers of visitors into the town.

The ought-to-be prestigious Daura Motel, owned by the state government, which should have served as a comfortable place to host guests to the town, is in deplorable condition.

Yet, the Daura Motel, deplorable as it is, remains the most habitable place that caters for guests to the ancient town. Daura Motel, as it now called, started as a Catering Guest House with 12 rooms that served the then government officials. At present, there are 52 rooms with prices ranging from N4, 000 to N12, 000 per night.

With the creation of Katsina State out of the old Kaduna State in 1987, the need for more accommodation and Government Guest Houses became imperative. Consequently, previous governments established seven more structures that are presently under the state’s hotels management board.

A visit to Daura Motel will bring one face-to-face with an outstretched facility that is in dire need for repairs to meet the standard of 21st Century motel. Lamentably, grasses now have outgrown the compound, roads are in bad state in the premises, and the environment is unkempt and characterised by dilapidated structures.

There is only a borehole in the motel, and it is not functioning, making access to water supply difficult. As for power supply, any visitor to the motel who passes the night can only expect power for three hours - f rom 8pm to 11pm, but, occasionally, power is restored before the early morning bright hour.

Reptiles and mosquitoes, of course, dominate the area to the chagrin of visitors.
Some staffers of the motel who spoke on condition of anonymity said that most customers must make do with what is available in terms of services.

They said that they have to refill water containers and reservoirs for customers every morning.

One of the staffers said: “At 11 pm, when the light goes off, our nightmares begin as customers demand for power which we can’t supply. They would rather plead with such customers to pray so that the power company can restore power.

It is observed that government officials and others, who travel with President Buhari to Daura, used to stay in the motel, their friends’ houses in the city, or go to lodge in better accommodations in nearby cities of Katsina or Kano.

However, disturbed by the poor conditions of the motel and other public accommodation facilities in the town, the state government is now poised to tackle the situation.

A letter written to the Assembly by Governor Aminu Masari buttresses government’s plans to use N245 milllion to repair the motel.
Masari, in the letter, stressed the need to improve the condition of the motel and increase the state’s internally generated revenue. He urged the lawmakers to expedite action to address the situation.

The governor’s action was welcomed by many, especially those who use the facility. People say that the action is long overdue and desirable to show care to visitors on Buhari’s entourage and to Daura town.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/daura-motel-the-only-hotel-in-buhari-s-town-in-deplorable-state/115458.html

1 Like

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by likila: 3:38am On Oct 19, 2015
Republlican:
cheesy so op its now the fault of my sai buhari, even if you op had a nightmare its also the fault of buhari.

if buhari likes he can sleep under the nym tree with one of his private jets!
i dont care!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by HungerBAD: 3:43am On Oct 19, 2015
Republlican:
cheesy so op its now the fault of my sai buhari, even if you op had a nightmare its also the fault of buhari.

This Story is to show how humble he is.

If it was some other President(like the Clueless one)he probably would have built 5 Sheraton hotels,,2 Poly's,One WilberForce University,plenty housing Estates and rest to make his Town the envy of others.

Buhari is really an humble and un-corrupt man.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 3:55am On Oct 19, 2015
If he starts developing his state now, una go open might like broken garage door to abuse him

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 3:58am On Oct 19, 2015
HungerBAD:

This Story is to show how humble he is.

If it was some other President(like the Clueless one)he probably would have built 5 Sheraton hotels,,2 Poly's,One WilberForce University,plenty housing Estates and rest to make his Town the envy of others.

Buhari is really an humble and un-corrupt man.

Which president? Apart from his mansion, what did OBJ build in Ogun state?

What did Yaradua build?

What did Jonadumb build in ND? Common bridge e no fit.

15 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Firefire(m): 4:09am On Oct 19, 2015
This story is to show how myopic, backward, lazy, unclassified, under-developed and clueless the DauraDullard.

1984 to date no rebranding, no new skill acquisition, not even attempt to find his missing O'level or re-sit the WAEC/NECO Exam.

We could not also see any meaningful contribution by BuuuHary to either his home town, his state (Kastina) or to the larger Nigeria society since 1984. undecided

What a shame to modernization. cheesy

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Burger01(m): 4:12am On Oct 19, 2015
Republlican:
I tire for this people o. So Buhari should go and renovate the motel

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by eye4eye: 4:14am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:
This story is to show how myopic, backward, lazy, unclassified, under-developed and clueless the DauraDullard.

1984 to date no rebranding, no new skill acquisition, not even attempt to find his missing O'level or re-sit the WAEC/NECO Exam.

We could not also see any meaningful contribution by BuuuHary to either his home town, his state (Kastina) or to the larger Nigeria society since 1984. undecided

Firefire the foolish man. Katsina has been governed by PDP since 1999. I cant believe you are now blaming Buhari who just came to power just about 140 days ago. You are so foolish your entire family ashamed of your foolishness.

4 years is not enough to wail. Be prepared to wail for another 16 years. You can go and die after wailing for another 16 years. oloriburuku werey.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Burger01(m): 4:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:

Ogbeni, biko, talk sense for once in your nairaland life nasad

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by MKO4ever(m): 4:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:

And how do you think fire will not burn this ya black mouth?

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:

The lying liars and their zombie followers will eat you raw for this comment of yours. grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by HungerBAD: 4:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:

Did you even read the sign of the hotel? It clearly says Katsina Board of Hotels.

I think PDP Deliberately Left it, to the State it is today as an insult to Buhari.

The hotel has nothing to do with Buhari, it has everything to do with a failed PDP Government, that ruled the State from 1999.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 4:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Firefire:

I'd agree with you if your sole intent wasn't to gain cheap wailing point.

What's Buhari got to do with this?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by OgaTheTop2: 4:18am On Oct 19, 2015
[s]
Firefire:

[/s]
God why, why, why are some people so foolish and stewpid?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 4:19am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
The lying liars and their zombie followers will eat you raw for this comment of yours. grin

Try to be reasonable. What did GEJ do in his 6 years of accidental rule?

25 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by HungerBAD: 4:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

This Ilekeh get sense.

Which kind man dey bear Ilekeh sef? thought women put that stuff on their waist?

10 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:27am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

What did the Hausa/Fulani and the Yoruba elites do in Nigeria for all the 4 decades of holding Nigeria down under the barrel of the gun cum ill conceived democracy for 10 years.(They couldn't even lift their own people out of poverty)

When you sincerely answer this question, I will also give you a sincere, undiluted answer to your question.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Burger01(m): 4:27am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

In fact, Jonathan's rule was the worst accidental rule Nigeria ever witnessed. Fatal accidental rule in the history of Nigeria. We were scammed by Mr. I had no shoes. Never again will such ever happen...NEVER!sad

9 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ola17: 4:28am On Oct 19, 2015
HungerBAD:

[s]This Story is to show how humble he is.

Buhari is really an humble and un-corrupt man[/s].

Bro, stop making a mockery of yourself(no offense meant). The deplorable state of the said hotel if anything, exposes the ineptitude of the successive state governments, after all, it is state government's property. Heck! It doesn't even say well of PMB as one can simply deduce that he can't even use his reputation to influence a decent development in his home town.

Secondly, we voted for change and action and not 'humility', I will admit that GEJ is even more humble than PMB but did that make his government perform? undecided
Abeg we want to start seeing the results of good governance, BH still dey throw bomb everywhere, economy dey worse. PMB is gradually disappointing many of his supporters o.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Burger01:
In fact, Jonathan's rule was the worst accidental rule Nigeria ever witnessed. Fatal accidental rule in the history of Nigeria. We were scammed by Mr. I had no shoes. Never again will such ever happen...NEVER!sad
For all the decades of free oil windfall from the Niger Delta what did your elites do with Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:32am On Oct 19, 2015
HungerBAD:

This Ilekeh get sense.

Which kind man dey bear Ilekeh sef? thought women put that stuff on their waist?
Your problem is that you try as hard as possible to sound intelligent even as being intelligent has eluded you just like peace has eluded the Middle East but there is no crime in trying to sound smart when you're as dumb as a donkey - It's a free world and even fools think they have an opinion too.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by eye4eye: 4:33am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
What did the Hausa/Fulani and the Yoruba elites do in Nigeria for all the 4 decades of holding Nigeria down under the barrel of the gun cum ill conceived democracy for 10 years.(They couldn't even lift their own people out of poverty)

When you sincerely answer this question, I will also give you a sincere, undiluted answer to your question.

Those same old bridges, roads and other infrastructures available today begging for upgrades were put in place 25-45yrs ago by those same people you love to hate. Now tell us what Jonathan and PDP did in 16yrs. Don't tell me train named after PEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 4:33am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:

They did nothing nau. I've already mentioned it in my previous post. The roads you're enjoying were built by aliens. The mobile home services were brought to Nigeria by aliens.

So why are you encouraging a post that dumped all the blame on Buhari?

That's why I'm asking you to be reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

They did nothing. I've already mentioned it in my previous post.

So why are you encouraging a post that dumped all the blame on Buhari?

That's why I'm asking you to be reasonable.
They did nothing for more than 40 yrs and you expect all that in 5 years mind you not 6 years like you highlighted.

I just answered your question.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 4:36am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
They did nothing for more than 40 yrs and you expect all that in 5 years mind you not 6 years like you highlighted.

I just answered your question.

Ok, so we're not expecting him to bring Jesus back to Nigeria, but shouldnt we have expected him to build a second Niger bridge?

4 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:37am On Oct 19, 2015
eye4eye:

Those same old bridges, roads and other infrastructures available today begging for upgrades were put in place 25-45yrs ago by those same people you love to hate. Now tell us what Jonathan and PDP did in 16yrs. Don't tell me train named after PEJ.
I guess the infrastructures started begging for upgrade just 5 years ago?

7 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by eye4eye: 4:37am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your problem is that you try as hard as possible to sound intelligent even as being intelligent has eluded you just like peace has eluded the Middle East but there is no crime in trying to sound smart when you're as dumb as a donkey - It's a free world and even fools think they have an opinion too.
Peace eluding mid-east but why your fellow yeebos trooping to Dubai, Lebanon, Qatar, Kuwait on daily basis? In fact, your fellow yeebos now changing their names to Muhammed and Adam.

7 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by QuotaSystem: 4:41am On Oct 19, 2015
Wait, is it the same GEJ that FAILED to provide potable water in his home town despite being deputy Governor, Governor, VP & President for over 16 years?

QuotaSystem:
The current water situation in Daura and Otuoke

OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2946872_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2950373_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2950374_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

http://www.punchng.com/news/otuoke-residents-lament-potable-water-scarcity/

DAURA, KATSINA STATE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2946873_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

http://www.hydroworksng.com/project-daura_water_supply_project

Jonathan was a failure and an unmitigated disaster to Nigeria and his own people.

10 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Ilekeh(f): 4:41am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
I guess the infrastructures started begging for upgrade just 5 years ago?

My son what are you saying? You guys talked of tranfsformation nau.

You only transformed $20bn into an invisible cape.

6 Likes

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Truckpusher(m): 4:44am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Ok, so we're not expecting him to bring Jesus back to Nigeria, but shouldnt we have expected him to build a second Niger bridge?
He built you schools in the North for the Northern poor that were marginalized by their own people ,these were the same people that the Buharis and the Babangidas refused to build a school for preferring to keep them in abject poverty to enable them have a willing tool if the need arises and he equally constructed the Lagos/Ibadan express road that Obasanjo has refused to even patch among other projects and policies that bettered our economy ranging from enforcing local contents, privatization of the power sector and huge Agricultural reforms that eliminated the corruption that has characterized that sector for years making it practically impossible for Nigeria to have a sustainable food output if natural disasters like flood and famine came calling.

Jonathan was your best President - The ball is in your court once more but like barbarians I guess we are already aware of where we are headed.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State by Firefire(m): 4:45am On Oct 19, 2015
eye4eye:

Firefire the foolish man. Katsina has been governed by PDP since 1999. I cant believe you are now blaming Buhari who just came to power just about 140 days ago. You are so foolish your entire family ashamed of your foolishness.

4 years is not enough to wail. Be prepared to wail for another 16 years. You can go and die after wailing for another 16 years. oloriburuku werey.

Please 'GO' and climb Olumo Rock in Abeokuta and jump down.

Safe trip!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP's New Slogan, Change The Change: Nigerians React / Falana Joins NLC Protest, As Adeyanju Alleges Kidnap Of 13 Soldiers In Abuja / Trader Shot Dead At Ogbete Market, Enugu During Protest (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.