Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,479 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam (4086 Views)

Pls Help With ICAN EXAM Status Check / ICAN Exam- Was November 2012 Proffesional Exams Tough? / Need May 2010 Diet ICAN Exam Time Table Now.pls Send (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Tonyet1(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
Eighteen more days to start ICAN Exam - May diet.
How prepared are you?

I am writing one subject in PE1 - Taxation.
Please tell me the topics I should give more attention to?
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by kanayo74(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
i will not say that you read a particular topic,

but be conversant with as many as u can.

you should know that the topics are kind of related.

make sure u are conversant with basic period because its the basis of most tax questions.

know your capital allowance calculations.

I wish you the best in the examinations.

make sure u believe in yourself and the ability that God gave u.

if I CAN u CAN

best of luck

i got qualified in 2002.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Tonyet1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2009
kanaya-thks
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Gettolove(m): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
Get yourself a good tax text. SEYI OJO (Though relatively not up to date) but the principles are still the same.

Tax is always expected to be an easy exam but ICAN shock candidates with theories while most prepare for the traditional calculations.

all the best
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by SaiSaraki(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
Gettolove:

Get yourself a good tax text. SEYI OJO (Though relatively not up to date) but the principles are still the same.

Tax is always expected to be an easy exam but ICAN shock candidates with theories while most prepare for the traditional calculations.

all the best
I am also writing just this paper. Passed all but that subject in the last diet.
I have not started reading. Work has not allowed me to read. I will crash one week to exams.
I prefer theory to calculations. In theory, I can use idea, but calculation, it's either you know it or not.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by maxtop(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2009
i will advice you start reading your complete sports and more importantly 4-4-2 soccer magazine and if you want to get the best textbook on taxation ,lay your hand on Encomium magazine and City People. All the best in your examination. grin
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2009
Gettolove:

That been the way for some diets now.

My advise.
Read you ICAN pack very well and familiarise yourself with the questions and answers (both theory and OBJ questions)

Get to understand some tax related current issues.

Pray and relax your brain before the exams.

Good luck!.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by ebhohon: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2009
Please i am writing PE 2 FA and BCRM, i need MAY 2008 Pathfinder, can someone help me with the soft copy. i need it urgently.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by kayc33(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2009
all the best wink
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by TCann(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
what can i say?
may God follow u into d exams halls and grant u memory speed and good recollections.
you av gone thru alot: studied hard and recorded several sleepless nights, all that will be crowned by God.
As someone who was once in this stage of life and currently helping others prepare for same, i can only pray for u
Ican exams are more than ur preps, it is a test of mental stamina and long term determination and stubborness to achieve the golden ACA fleece.
In the exam hall, like a senior chartered acctant friend of mine told me when i was writing my PE 2-''wheneva u read a ques that looks like what u havent come across B4(even when u av extensively trashed that topic) in all ur months of preparatn,GIVE THEM ALL KNOWN ANSWERS AND IN ADDITION, ALL ANSWERS CREATIVELY PERCIEVED BY U TO BE RELEVANT TO THE QUES AT HAND, THERE SHD NOT BE 'A NO-IDEA' SITUATION FOR U''.that's is why it is ICAN.
It is well with you all!!

@MAXTOP
U may never have a tip of the feelings and psychological conditions these guys re presently, i dont blame you, u think say na ur Bsc wey u get by reading for it with biscuit and coke, in the comfort of ur sittting room? go and ask 1st class degree holders in accounting that av tasted ICAN and let me know the report of their comparism .
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by uchey(f): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2009
hmmm, is anybody feeling the way am feeling, Am sooo scared, i cant read and i cant sleep, am sooo tensed, somebody help, what do i do, am writing all four course in pe2, 1st attempt.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by JanezY(f): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
My people, try as much as possible to distract urself. if u like dancing do so, if u like taking walk do so if u like singing do so.
Do more of reversing your read work.it can be funny but remove fear and be positive against all odds. remeber success as many friends aim for it and believe in your heart that you will be there.

I AM WISHING ALL OF U WRITING THE BEST OF THE BEST.

i have been there and i know how it feels especially if you are writing a reseat.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Pepeye(f): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2009
Read well, sleep well and eat well
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by vinvinonyi: 8:39am On May 01, 2009
my dear,

yes you can make it.

during my time and my current practice,Taxation is my area of specialization.
what you have to do now is to reverse all you have instored in your brian.

please ensure you are conversant with tax laws and principles.
my pointing bar goes to the following topics:

1. companys income tax.

2. procedures for the issuance of tax clearance certificate.

3.treatment of business loss and computation of capital allowance.

4.forms of stamp duties and computation.

5. still review your commencement, change in accounting date and ceasation of trade.

6. lastly,dont rush any question,think ,understand and formulate the partain the answer will be and then write.

go to the once you know first,you must know that taxation is practical,always put your self as the tax consultant and the question is your cliet.

i wish you success,pass and join us.

you can call me: 08037223028.

bye.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by CBTonline(m): 11:18am On May 01, 2009
The best strategy at this point in time is to solve many questions
as possible on any course your sitting for.

With less than 20 days to the exams proper, i'll advise you free
yourself from any form of distraction and look for a quiet place
to study.

Just incase your are interested in buying 10 diets of Pathfinder
questions and solutions for any level, kindly send me a mail
to achidera@gmail.com or better still, call 08023189838.

The person that needs soft copies of MA and FA2 should in
like manner send a mail to me.

I wish you the very best this diet.

God bless you.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by sugabelle: 12:06pm On May 01, 2009
All the best to the hardworking ones . . . cheesy. I advise against last-minute reading, not for ur ICAn. All in all, we hope to hear good news in the nearest future . . .

PS dat econium-city-people-complete football-4-4-2 suggestion was a nice joke - u guys have a good laff and go back to the books ok. wink
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by dapsins69(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2009
Am writing Pe3 this may too.

I started from Ats3 and i havent failed any level till i got here.

The code?, Make sure u finish the packs, 10 diets and ofcourse PRAY.very important!
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by luvola(m): 8:22pm On May 03, 2009
hey t-cann, wht do u take bsc accounting for, I WANNA LET U KNOW THAT ICAN EXAM IS AS EASY AS ABC, AM NOT AN ICAN STUDENT YET BUT THE EXAM IS EASY NOW, AM CURRENTLY A 200L ACCOUNTING STUDENT OF LASU, U CANT COMPARE WHT WE UNDERGRADUATE ARE GOING THRU IN SCH TO ICAN, MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING IS THE MOST EASIEST ACCOUNTING COURSES,
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by CBTonline(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2009
Hello Luvola,

I'm sure you are not 100% correct of what you are saying.

Management Accounting is the cheapest of all the courses and that ICAN Exams
is not as hard as people paint it to be.

Well, you are still in 200Level and i will not want to say much now.

Wait until you graduate and then you'll come and face reality. All that you do in the
school is stage managed with the lecturer giving you likely areas of concentration
so that you can channel all your energies and be focused in your studies.

My dear, ICAN Exams is not so. 1st class students are not exempted from the dazing
that comes from the exams.

I think the best thing for you to do is to keep mum and humble yourself until you've
done the exams and qualified, then are you free to make noise.

My candid counsel to you.

God bless you.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Nobody: 10:15am On May 04, 2009
ICAN Exams
is not as hard as people paint it to be.
Thought I was the only one that believed this.
ICAN exams are overdreaded. All those assertions that ICAN deliberately fail people are unfounded.
I found it easier to pass ICAN than school exams. In ICAN, you can use general idea in most courses, but in Nigerian universities, you have to keep your idea in your pocket and write exactly what you were taught by your lecturer.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by Gettolove(m): 6:38pm On May 04, 2009
@ ICAN vs BSC

I would say it's relative, depending on the conditions existing at the different stages when a candidate is preparing.
I had all the time to read when i was in school, so why wont i leave with an upper credit, even as tough as my department was.

Unlike trying 2 combine work with ever voluminus syllabus of ICAN. There is no way one can cover 60-70%.Though I had a tough time making it through in ICAN, but with a MUST PASS SPIRIT, it's just like ystd.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by TCann(m): 8:38pm On May 05, 2009
luvola:

hey t-cann, wht do u take bsc accounting for, I WANNA LET U KNOW THAT ICAN EXAM IS AS EASY AS ABC, AM NOT AN ICAN STUDENT YET BUT THE EXAM IS EASY NOW, AM CURRENTLY A 200L ACCOUNTING STUDENT OF LASU, U CANT COMPARE WHT WE UNDERGRADUATE ARE GOING THRU IN SCH TO ICAN, MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING IS THE MOST EASIEST ACCOUNTING COURSES,

i dont really have much comment to make for now, when i av more time online,il shed light on some areas u re failing to see,but for now i adopt CBT online's comment,think about it!
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by calmguyj(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2009
Is the exam form still on sale. Where can I purchase it!

Pls help I need to write this diet.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by luvola(m): 5:41pm On May 08, 2009
HEY ICAN STUDENTs IN THE HOUSE, THERE IS NOTHING IN ICAN, ICAN HAS A SYLABUS WHICH U MUST COMPLY WITH, BUT IN SCH, LECTURER WILL FUSTRATE U, IF MY FRIENDS IN SCH CAN PASS ICAN AND AM BETTER THAN THEM, Y CANT I PASS THE EXAM, FOR EXAMPLE, AM CURRENTLY OFFERING MGT ACCOUNTING AND I DO STUDY ICAN MGT ACC, MGT ACC BY ADENIYI ADENIJI (H.O.D ACC HOD), AS FAR AS AM CONCERN, ICAN EXAM IS TOO CHEAP, ICAN is reducing its standard and applying some marketing strategy to enable more students to b writing their exam, y do they change their credit system in 2005 ? i believe alot of ican students are crammers, let me giv the d following reason y a b.sc accounting student is better than an ican student

* a b.sc acc student will surely write a project while an ican student will not

* a b.sc acc wil do alot of external courses like - marketing,project evaluation, etc, ican student will only offer accouting oriented courses apart from bus law(ats 1), q.a in ats 2, mgt in ats 3,,
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by luvola(m): 5:54pm On May 08, 2009
breaking news to accountant in the house, * CAMA TO B REVIEW NEXT YEAR , *****CAMD 2010*** , THAT MAY B D REASON Y ICAN WANT TO REVIEW ITS P.E SYLABUS BY 2010
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by nnaemmy(m): 8:23pm On May 08, 2009
All i have to tell all intending ICAN students is to go in and write the exam, the Almighty God will be with you all, just try as much as possible to do revision properly. i pray i will charter in future.
Re: Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam by luvola(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2009
ameeeeeen , u will all pass in jesus name

(1) (Reply)

Admissions To Study On Scholarships For Master's And Phd. Possible? / CIS Nigeria Past Questions And Answer / Forex Trading Seminar In Ikeja, Lagos (free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.