Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Do I Gain From Africa As An African - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do I Gain From Africa As An African (1142 Views)

My take on BET awards and Africa as a whole[must read] / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Africa As Seen On TV In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Phemour: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
As a native of Offa, Kwara State, I can choose to spend half of my life time in Takai, Kano State without visa because i'm a Nigerian

But what do i gain form Africa?
Is it only the black skin i can gain from Africa?

Saying "I'm Proud to be an African" seem to me as saying "I'm proud to Come from Earth not Pluto"

What Do I Gain From Africa as an African
Tell me!
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by tpiah: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2009
Rephrase your question this time using tribe instead of Africa and African- you'll get more responses.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by JJYOU: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2009
tpiah:

Rephrase your question this time using tribe instead of Africa and African- you'll get more responses.
is that a trap or what? where are your latest selections for me? been missing your counselling so i am wandering into calabar now.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by HABAS(m): 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2009
tpiah:

wetin dis one dey talk now
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by nguage(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2009
What does Africa get from you, Mr African?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by tpiah: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
HABAS:

wetin dis one dey talk now

who are you?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Moonstone(f): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
n-guage:

LOL! I was just going to ask that.

@ Topic, You have a place to stay don't you? You have a sense of belonging don't you? You don't feel different right? Now that Africa has done that to you, what does Africa stand to gain from you?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Phemour: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2009
n-guage:

Africa is far away from me.
Nigeria is far from people at the grass root but they still benefit from Nigeria, Africa should be like that
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by ChinenyeN(m): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ Phemour
Asking that question is like a white Polish citizen asking what [s]he can get from Europe, because his/her country falls within the European continent. Simply, don't expect anything just because you're African. Don't expect anything from Africa as a whole. Expect something from Nigeria instead, since you are Nigerian. Better yet, expect something from your native state (if you live there), or which ever state you happen to live now.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by tpiah: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2009
ChinenyeN:

@ Phemour
Asking that question is like a white Polish citizen asking what [s]he can get from Europe, because his/her country falls within the European continent. Simply, don't expect anything just because you're African. Don't expect anything from Africa as a whole. Expect something from Nigeria instead, since you are Nigerian. Better yet, expect something from your native state (if you live there), or which ever state you happen to live now.

@ bolded

an EU passport and international respect as a member of the European Union? Plus any attendant benefits that come with that?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by ChinenyeN(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
tpiah:

@ bolded

an EU passport and international respect as a member of the European Union? Plus any attendant benefits that come with that?
That exists? A European, International passport?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by hoeyeadoe: 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2009
Nothing. But the guarantee of a better life for posterity if you make your own postive investment now.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2009
I don't think africa is there yet. Ecowas is doing something about it. Probably in the future the African Union will also do something about it.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by JJYOU: 10:35am On May 01, 2009
ChinenyeN:

That exists? A European, International passport?
she said 
an EU passport and [size=18pt]international respect[/size] as a member of the European Union? Plus any attendant benefits that come with that?
afam4eva:

I don't think africa is there yet. Ecowas is doing something about it. Probably in the future the African Union will also do something about it.
something like what kind sir?
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2009
JJYOU:

she said  something like what kind sir?

Like an African pasport.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by JJYOU: 11:08am On May 01, 2009
afam4eva:

Like an African pasport.
cant you smell the trouble with that?

if you go that route what you find is govt thinking you are taking powers and controls from them.

how do you think zimbabwe would like to give the rights to residence for ghanians and nigerians when they know that voting would easily begin to cause some foreign empowerment and imbalance in their systems.

check kwame nkrumah speeches you will be shocked that way back in the 50's he already had ideas for african union but the zenophobic small minded tribalists leaders we had never saw it as their interest to work on it. i wont say the EU stole that blue print but all he said is all they are executing for themselves today with ease.

fear, tribalists and politics will never let it work in africa. they will talk around it but to let it work is another thing.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by HABAS(m): 11:46am On May 01, 2009
tpiah:

who are you?

HABAS  wink

Phemour:

Nigeria is far from people at the grass root but they still benefit from Nigeria, Africa should be like that
More also, Nigeria does benefit from pple at grass root before nigeria provide social amenities for them.
they dont pay tax, the get free vacines.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On May 01, 2009
As an African, what have you contributed to make African better both for you and the generation behind you.
We need to do away with the attitude of me, me and me.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Phemour: 1:57pm On May 01, 2009
i have less to give to Africa but much to receive from Africa.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by ChinenyeN(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2009
@ JJYOU
I know she said that, but that's not where my focus was. It was on "EU passport". EU, I take it, means European, and seeing as to how there are many different nationalities within Europe, I interpret "EU passport" to be an "International European Passport"; one passport good for all European countries you go to (maybe indicating status as 'citizen of Europe' or something like that). That's why I asked if it really existed.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Tstark(m): 8:18pm On May 01, 2009
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country- JFK
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by ladybam(f): 11:33pm On May 01, 2009
in 9ja, ur sure of palm kernel. grin
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by Phemour: 11:22am On May 28, 2009
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country- JFK
eheh? that's a wise word.
Re: What Do I Gain From Africa As An African by JustGood(m): 9:46am On Jun 01, 2009
What have you contributed to Africa as an African?

Are you just looking for something to gain? Some people have contributed their sweat and blood for Europe and America which is why their citizens now enjoy the 'good life'. if no one is ready to contribute anything, no one should expect to gain anything

(1) (Reply)

33 Million Nigerians Still Practice Defecation (picture) / A MUST READ -do You Remember Any Of This? / Yoruba Teachers Wanted In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.