Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,247 members, 7,953,927 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Php Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Programmer (833 Views)

Php Programmer Help Me Out ! / What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Programmer by esoftcopies(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2009
My Good people, am having a little problem on auto respond mail on my site. I design an online form which user register and subscribe for a product but I want the user id and password to be send to the User email from my site. Plz I need help urgently.
I was using this code and it only send to email at my extension such support@newlifeworld.com but I want it to be send to user with any email extension :
<?php
$to= $_POST['txtemail'] ;
$userpp = $_POST['userpass'];
$subject = "New Registration";
$email = "admin@newlifeworld.com";
$message = "You have successfully Registered";
$headers = "From:" .$email;
$sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers) ;
if($sent)
{print "Successfully Submitted"; }
else
{print "Eerror sending your mail"; }
?>
Re: Php Programmer by arramyjay: 3:48am On May 18, 2009
esoftcopies:

My Good people, am having a little problem on auto respond mail on my site. I design an online form which user register and subscribe for a product but I want the user id and password to be send to the User email from my site. Plz I need help urgently.
I was using this code and it only send to email at my extension such support@newlifeworld.com but I want it to be send to user with any email extension :
<?php
$to= $_POST['txtemail'] ;
$userpp = $_POST['userpass'];
$subject = "New Registration";
$email = "admin@newlifeworld.com";
$message = "You have successfully Registered";
$headers = "From:" .$email;
$sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers) ;
if($sent)
{print "Successfully Submitted"; }
else
{print "Eerror sending your mail"; }
?>

where u have $email=? use $_POST['email']; so it will send it to the email the client enters on the email field.
Re: Php Programmer by Afam(m): 3:24pm On May 18, 2009
arramyjay:

where u have $email=? use $_POST['email']; so it will send it to the email the client enters on the email field.

I believe there is nothing wrong in the email variables used (for both the sender and receiver).

The client's email has been correctly captured in the $to variable and since he is receiving emails at support@newlifeworld.com it means the form variables are being accessed without problems.

Now, I also believe the poster has 2 issues

1. He needs to send the userid and password to the person that registered

The variables holding userid and password must be part of the message that he is sending. If the userid is the same thing as the $to variable referencing the $_POST['txtemail'] then he has all the information he needs to pass along. Thus far, the password does not appear anywhere in the message variabe let alone whatever is holding the entered email address.

2. Receiving emails at a particular domain

Well, he needs to tell us that he has entered some email addresses outside his own domain name that he has access to without seeing the emails. If the messages are actually sent then they may end up in SPAM folders depending on the settings in the ISPs area of control.

If the emails are only getting to his own domain then it may mean that the necessary ports that need to be opened are not opened since you can easily send information to your own server (from the same server) without having issues with outgoing ports but would definitely have problems with sending to servers outside your own if the outgoing ports are not opened.

You may need to contact your web hosting guys to sort this out (assuming this problem is related to ports) unless you have access to the server administration tools.

NB: I am assuming the poster is a guy. If negative, sorry, just use she or her where necessary.
Re: Php Programmer by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 18, 2009
i guess u need to apply some troubleshooting techniques to this before posting.

after sending the mails, which of these does your page write
"Successfully Submitted" or "Eerror sending your mail"

if successful, then the mail got sent out.
if error, then contact your host as Afam said

if mail got sent out, then check bulk message folders and try out by sending to other service providers like yahoo, gmail.
note, Hotmail and aol has very strict filter and they tend to check so many variables before delivering ur messages.

if in spam, then let us know, not delivered at all, also let us know.
someone else may help

(1) (Reply)

Nid Qbasic Interpreter? / @[4:0] / Php Array Problem [SOLVED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.