Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High (1334 Views)

"This Country Doesn't Give A Damn" - Femi Adesina's 2012 Article / British Govt Gives Buhari N71b With 5 Houses,who's Daugter's Fees Is N7.4m / Babcock University Students Lament After Their School Fees Is Increased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High by lillyjane(f): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
ANSU will be able to charge tuition fees of up to N251,300 per year from 2015/2016 academic session, as the state government transfers much of the cost of running the university to students.

The increase tuition fees at ANSU is making me think hard about whether the university was the right route for average Anambrarian or to kill off students. I am an alumnus of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University formerly Anambra State University. I knew what I paid through to graduate.

I know of two things that can cause tuition fees of college or university to increase.

1. The university spends more - paying faculty more, or building more infrastructures, or conducting more research -- whatever the reason, spending rises and all will boil down on the students and their families.

2 If the state government in this case cut subsidies university (rather than, say, cut spending or solicit alumni donations) to make up the difference.

My fear then is that the outcome of such high fees will be to damage participation and social mobility among students.

Medical Students will pay N251,300 as against 156K they paid last session, Law N186,950 previous N136K, Professional/science based courses N136,950, Non-professional Courses, N126,950.

Now, why would a government who clamour and profess love for education make it almost impossible for his subjects to acquire the basic education even when it is one of the fundamental human rights?

Source: http://www.gistpost.com/2015/10/increased-ANSU-students-school-fess.html?m=1

Re: Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High by brize(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
Getting educated is a very expensive thing my dear... Anambra don't shy away from that....
Re: Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High by pet4ril(f): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
This is serious and too much for a state university. ...what do you now expect from a missionary school 400_800k
Re: Love Or Money? Anambra State University Tuition Fees Is Too Damn High by alpha75(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
OP! That's the kind of country we found ourselves into. I think Buhari and his Minister of Education should look into this because this is outrageous.You can imagine ESUT! #500, 000 for development fee, this is apart from your school fees and accomodation fee! It doesn't make sense, because this is cheating and stealing in a broad daylight! Even if you are schooling outside this country, no institution will ask you for a dime in the name of Development fee! Pls the various government authorities should better do something about this before it become something else.

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans How Market / Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? / Caption This Picture Of Fmr Pres. Obasanjo And Fmr Pres. J Carter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.