Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi (1226 Views)

The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé / Repulsive Odour Forces Reps To Adjourn Till Nov 17 / Tribunal Rejects Application To Adjourn Saraki’s Trial Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by Dotng: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefinitely

The Court of Appeal in Abuja did not sit today, as was expected, to deliver a ruling that would have freed Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki, from the corruption charges he is facing before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Last night, SaharaReporters exposed a deal which had been brokered by Alfa Belgore, a former judge of the Supreme Court, in which a three-member panel of the Court of Appeal would have thrown a spanner in the legal works by ruling that the Code of Conduct Tribunal lacks jurisdiction to try the Senate President.

However, at 2p.m. today, Nigerian time, the judges of the Court of Appeal failed to show up to give the ruling they had promised last Friday. The court registrar told lawyers and members of the press in court only that the case had been adjourned. No date was provided to the lawyers in court.

Mr. Saraki had hoped the Court of Appeal would today end his ordeal at the CCT today, where his trial resumes on Wednesday. It is not clear if the Court of Appeal judges have any surprises up their sleeves before that important date on the nation’s political and legal calendar.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/19/sahara-reporters-expos%C3%A9-forces-court-appeal-adjourn-saraki%E2%80%99s-ruling-indefinitely
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by IamPatriotic(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
The more we look, the less we see. God bless Nigeria, but curse be upon the treasury looters and their cronies.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by dustmalik: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
And that is why I love SR, the best investigative journalism outlet in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by modath(f): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
Mr. Saraki had hoped the Court of Appeal would today end his ordeal at the CCT today, where his trial resumes on Wednesday. It is not clear if the Court of Appeal judges have any surprises up their sleeves before that important date on the nation’s political and legal calendar

Since uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, & since Saraki must wear crown, he should bear his cross!!!

Don't know why his peace of mind is less important to him than power.
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by sammyj: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
The last time I checked, Saraki is a Goner fan because from all indications He is a goner !!! grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by ziccoit: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
Brb
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by reuben79: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
Clearlly saraki is goin.........
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by SpermDonor: 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
sahara reporters have shape up how journalism should be, you can call them propagandist for all I care but there is always an element of truth in whatever they dished out.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Saraki is gone.
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by RockMaxi: 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2015

The game is getting hotter than before, I hope his alfas are not relenting in their prayers because saraki may be the spanner to loosen the APC bolt.

Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by omowolewa: 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sahara reporter now Saraki reporter
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
sammyj:
The last time I checked, Saraki is a Goner fan because from all indications He is a goner !!! grin grin cool

This line is becoming stale!! I have been hearing this for too long!!! Anyway the appeal court adjourned ruling!! It did not throw away the suit.The judgement would be delivered sooner or later.Until then whatever ruling the CCT arrives would not have any effect until both the appeal and supreme court affirms it
Re: Sahara Reporters Exposé Forces Court Of Appeal To Adjourn Saraki’s Ruling Indefi by sammyj: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2015
Pa Chukwudi please don't attack me, I am only saying my opinion as a concern Nigerian Shikena. However, I still stand on point of Saraki saying Saraki is still a goner
chukwudi44:

This line is becoming stale!! I have been hearing this for too long!!! Anyway the appeal court adjourned ruling!! It did not throw away the suit.The judgement would be delivered sooner or later.Until then whatever ruling the CCT arrives would not have any effect until both the appeal and supreme court affirms it

(1) (Reply)

How The Igbos Can Go About Biafra. / Benue State Govt To Borrow From FG Again To Pay Salary And Pension Arrears. / Photo: Governor El-rufai Having A Dinner With His Lovely Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.