Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs (1124 Views)

Top 9 Tech Blogs In Nigeria / What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me / An Open Letter To Bloggers Struggling To Get More Traffic By Jon Morrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by PhoneGist(m): 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nigeria's social media is talking about the success of Linda Ikeji. But no one will be willing to put in the hard work she did, everyone wants success, but no one wants to work for it. I sat down to analyse Linda Ikeji, her triumph, failures and of course success and I can't help but see some similarities with Nairaland's MissTechy.

SIMILARITIES
She is one of the forerunners in her niche.
She has amassed some loyalist like Linda Ikeji did in her first year.
She is willing to give away something to her followers (ie phone giveaways)
She is hardworking ( According to my amebo sources, she works two jobs despite running misstechy)

However, despite these similarities, I couldn't help but appreciate MissTechy;s journey, she started blogging in the year February 9th 2015 (I had to scroll down to her first post) and at the moment she is recognized by Jumia as one of the top tech blogs in Nigeria, asides this,she gets invited to Samsung launch events and even receive devices like water.

Honestly, I run a blog so I know how hard that stuff is, but Misstechy showed her supremacy by ensuring she is passionate about what she is doing, you can sense this in her writing style.

So My advice to misstechy,
Remain passionate,
Learn a thing or two from Linda Ikeji, how despite the criticism still followed what she believed in.
Don't and I repeat don't deviate from your passion, it might be catastrophic. (i.e. don't wake up tomorrow and say you want to be a lifestyle blogger because there is money)
Lastly, watch your success unfold. - I am sure you will come back to this post and say, you said it!

With that said, to all other people aiming to be Linda Ikeji, you can, but do you have what it takes?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by midehi2(f): 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
hard work pays mhennnn

2 Likes

Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by StepTwo: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
@OP, so you don't know what a letter is?
your blog must be a total blunder.
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by PhoneGist(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
StepTwo:
@OP, so you don't know what a letter is?

your blog must be a total blunder.

err simply correct instead of insult
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
You must have gained something from her op
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by PhoneGist(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
elijah2u:
You must have gained something from her op

gained like how. i dnt undderstand
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
PhoneGist:

gained like how. i dnt undderstand
well for you creating thread for misstechy
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by StepTwo: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
PhoneGist:

err simply correct instead of insult
my bad, am sorry about that.
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by adeolazzy: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2015
Oh well this looks like ass kissing to me . In case it gets to fp let me take my seat CC @lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2015
front page things Miss Techy rocks I still find it hard to believe that blog is owned by @woman but it seems nigerian girls are in to webmastering in SA you don't get even a female blogger often
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by PhoneGist(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lalasticlala abeg big bros help promote this to help others.
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by MrsShodimu: 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
this was helpful
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by emmalexdboy(m): 7:40am On Feb 11, 2016
Re: A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs by DoroBen: 9:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Nice one op, this deserves to be on fp cc @ lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Boost My Facebook Page. / Fix/debug PHP & Mysql Issues On Your Website / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.