Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

What Do You Think? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Do You Think? (9874 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
hi guys, am martin. am new here. ave been browsing the competitions thread for two days now and frankly i was disappointed with what i saw. i registered in anger not because i tthink am beta, but because i learnt frm others work and so i think you may pick a thing or two from mine. some of the grafix have inspired me tho,

my concept is flagship arts

am a budding graphic artist in photoshop cs4 and illustrator
, too much talk, hope you'll be impressed. you guys should also bring your stuff for intimate discussions.

i dream of the day when we shall overaun this country with creativity and beauty.
i aim to revolutionise art design in this country and i study hard for it. hope your with me guys, we are one!

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
here is my book ad i made one afternoon after an exceptionally boring oracle lecture,
as much as possible, i try to keep my designs as realistic as they can get with my skill level

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2009
here is my present wallpaper. made it on a hot afternoon whhen i was feeling suicidal.

i must not fail to give God the thanks for inspiration, With him, they a were all possible

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:01am On May 01, 2009
i was thinking of channel o and mtv base when i made this one nite three weeks ago

by the way, my personal email is martinekwe@yahoo.com

i do posters and photoretouching

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:05am On May 01, 2009
my number is 08067522553 if you need to speak directly to me.

here is one i did wen i started learning photoshop one year ago

i love it so much.
i discover i cannot even reproduce some of my works cos they were done in the spur of the moment

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:08am On May 01, 2009
those were the days, in the beginning

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:12am On May 01, 2009
here is one for the road,

i hope we all learnt something, if you think you are a revolutionary artist, come, let us reason together

it takes hard work and diligence to be the best at what you do and thats wat am working to. the kemijy guy has the brain but not the finesse. i hope he works on it tho, we need people like him,

i hope to get fanorable replies ooo. wink grin kiss smiley

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:14am On May 01, 2009
thank you Jesus!

i am taking an intensive study in illustrator on my own, i think that software is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

more coming your way soon(as soon as i can design them, that is)
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:34am On May 01, 2009
i recently did these for a client, which do you think is better?

Re: What Do You Think? by zPixel(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2009
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2009
i also cant afford to 4get my comity of friends who have good eyes for great design and really appreciate them for their truthfulness
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 8:28pm On May 11, 2009
you guys are jjust viewing without posting nadda! cry. please help a bro in need and tell me wot you think 'bout my graphics grin
Re: What Do You Think? by Pittbaby(f): 8:30pm On May 11, 2009
good work ,  I am not into graphic arts so no professional critic, but otherwise more grease to your elbow
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2009
thanks. i needed that. as you criticize and appreciate i wil be inspired to post more works.
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 8:18am On May 12, 2009
flagship:

you guys are jjust viewing without posting nadda! cry. please help a bro in need and tell me wot you think 'bout my graphics grin

You already praised and commended yourself right from the beginning. Why are you begging for comments and criticisms now?

Anyway, nice works man. Keep doing what you do regardless.

Cheers
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 2:12am On May 13, 2009
the final draft,

Re: What Do You Think? by mooyosquare: 9:04am On May 14, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2009
you can check out graphictutorials.com
vectortuts.com
digitalarts.co.uk
vectordiary.com
cgtutorials.com
goodtutorials.com
photoshoptalent.com
photoshopcafe.com(for basic concepts mostly)
webtuts.com
entheosweb.com
tutorialised.com
tutorial9.com
most of them have tuts for photoshop nd illustrator.
dont 4get bout illustrator o! cool
Re: What Do You Think? by sanctisam(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2009
Wen pple hear CLIPSE the 1st thing that wil most likely come to mind is the word ECLIPSE. Looking at yr 2nd CLIPSE logo it actualy looks like an eclipse phenomenon. So I'l go with that one. It sticks better to d memory and looks quite cool too though you may want to change the color of d txt to whateva yr client would prefer,
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2009
thanks a lot, sanctisam. funny enuf, my client preferred the last sample!
Re: What Do You Think? by dueal(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2009
@flagship. A wise man once said," He who overrates his understanding undercuts his potential to learn new thing". Practice somemore.
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2009
a man does not have to be wise to say that grin. practice! practice!! practice!!!.of course i practise! am practising rite now!
Re: What Do You Think? by reactor: 10:48pm On May 30, 2009
dueal:

@flagship. A wise man once said," He who overrates his understanding undercuts his potential to learn new thing". Practise somemore.

word bro.
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2009
i was wondering if there is any one out there who's got some crazy letter head concept. i rather think the standard naija style very boring.
hoping to practice on that soon. by the way, hope you guys share my disgust of 'clip art' business cards wink. i see a lot of them around. i am not a millionth as good as i want to be but i hope 'original' people out there will see this post and get in touch so we can share ideas and make the nigerian corporate image a better one(graphically, anyway) smiley.cheers
Re: What Do You Think? by smartsoft(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2009
well i always advice ppl who want to be different when it comes to design  i must tell,  find your place in andvertising agency or a brand management agency and you will be glad with yourself you did.
Re: What Do You Think? by Abz: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2009
question, what about animation movie e.g. spawn animation movies? I will be really interested if you are any good in creating anything or such magnitude or know anyone who is that good.
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2009
wil post some more xperiments soon.bin workin on logos and busines cards.as for the animation, am looking to learn it at the end me the year,amidst learning flash,after effects,and illustrator.catch ya!
Re: What Do You Think? by justbones(m): 1:29am On Jul 05, 2009
the letter head concept u was talkin bout

Re: What Do You Think? by RotannaEze(m): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ Flagship
You are the best,i mean you are the bomb.I loved all your creations.I must say i am impressed.If this is really what you want to study in life,i must confess to you that you will make it on matter what.The sky will never be your limit.
Pls can you design my name for me please,i would be gratefull.It's "ROTANNA".
Looking forward to seeing it.
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ justbones.

you see, the art revolution i was talking 'bout couples simplicity with exquisiteness.a corporate feel that exudes solid,simple,undeniable style and irresistable attraction. quire frankly, i think the use of color is extreme, but before i actually review your work, you will have to show where the address and other details should be. the fact that you replied my post shows that we have been thinking along the sames lines of 'conceptual art'.for that i am thankful. i wish i had more tiome to sell the idea of my concept to you."you would make a mighty ally"-xerexes in 300 the movie.

now seriously, the letterhead should be simpler and more detailed. check out bestdesignoptions.com
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ justbones

my laptop is bad rite now. hopefullly by next week i will post my own concept and we can compare notes.plus ideas
Re: What Do You Think? by Tomboxe: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2009
I'm thinking of a few things. I'll facebook them to you. I think I have an idea cum the letterhead. Before I post anything, I'll want you to say it's okay for me to do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Certificate Design Portfolio / 13 Ways Designers Screw Up Client Presentations / 2d Animators Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.