Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? (1831 Views)

Unable To Delete A Nairaland Account. / How To Delete My Nairaland Account And Release My Email Address / [finally] How To Delete Nairaland Account Or Change Your Username (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good day people. Please does anyone know what happens when one deactivates a Nairaland account? I want to deactivate my accounts on Nairaland but I want to know if all my posts will be erased also. I would love if all my posts are erased.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by Afam4eva(m): 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
No. your posts will not be deleted. But your user name will display as "Nobody", so no one will know your posts are from you except in places where you were quoted.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by VickyRotex(f): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
lol. So you wanna deactivitate? SMH!

Well, that doesnt mean you won't open a New Account.

We're used to that Stunt here.

And Oh Yes, Your posts will be intact.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by Sanmel(f): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
VickyRotex:

And Oh Yes, Your posts will be intact.
grin Exactly

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
VickyRotex:

I have three accounts, and I want to deactivate them all...why would I want open another? Don't worry, you can enjoy your Nairaland now, the bad guy is gone.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
VickyRotex:

I have three accounts, and I want to deactivate them all...why would I want open to open another? Don't worry, you can enjoy your Nairaland now, the bad guy is gone.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by VickyRotex(f): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
kay29000:

I have three accounts, and I want to deactivate them all...why would I want open another? Don't worry, you can enjoy your Nairaland now, the bad guy is gone.

@bolded, Happy to Miss you! cheesy
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
VickyRotex:

@bolded, Happy to Miss you! cheesy

And how did you get here? How did you get to this post so fast? Are you a mod? Or you have a crush on me and you are stalking me? winkOne of the mods that have been making life miserable for me on Nairaland (someone banned my number from Nairaland for life. Once I type it in mistakenly in any post, I get banned for a couple of days). With all i contribute to this forum daily, and amassing hundreds of likes daily on my comments, I get treated like bull crap.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by Atlantian: 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
kay29000:

And how did you get here? How did you get to this post so far? Are you a mod? One of the mods that have been making life measurable for me on Nairaland (someone banned my number from Nairaland for life. Once I type it in mistakenly in any post, I get banned for a couple of days). With all i contribute to this forum daily, and amassing hundreds of likes daily on my comments, I get treated like bull crap.
Hahahahahaha. I recommend Linda Ikeji blog. She doesnt ban.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Atlantian:

Hahahahahaha. I recommend Linda Ikeji blog. She doesnt ban.

I am already there now. At least I would be appreciated there.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by VickyRotex(f): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
kay29000:

And how did you get here? How did you get to this post so far? Are you a mod? One of the mods that have been making life measurable for me on Nairaland (someone banned my number from Nairaland for life. Once I type it in mistakenly in any post, I get banned for a couple of days). With all i contribute to this forum daily, and amassing hundreds of likes daily on my comments, I get treated like bull crap.

lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Mod bawo? Anyone can see your post. Must I be a Mod before I can view your thread?

Seems you dont even know how NL operates.

Dude, accept your mistakes, correct them and move on. It looks childish, saying you wanna deactivate your account cos you were reprimanded. SMH!

Btw, how can you say "You mistakenly type in your Phone number" cheesy You do it intentionally! angry
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Afam4eva:
No. your posts will not be deleted. But your user name will display as "Nobody", so no one will know your posts are from you except in places where you were quoted.

Thank you.
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
VickyRotex:

lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Mod bawo? Anyone can see your post. Must I be a Mod before I can view your thread?

Seems you dont even know how NL operates.

Dude, accept your mistakes, correct them and move on. It looks childish, saying you wanna deactivate your account cos you were reprimanded. SMH!

Btw, how can you say "You mistakenly type in your Phone number" cheesy You do it intentionally! angry

Let me explain the number thing. My number; 080-27794635 has been banned for life from nairaland. If I had typed it without that dash in between, this account would have been automatically banned for like 3 days. So, when I say I 'mistakenly type' my number, what I mean is that, someone might ask me a question, and want to get my number, and with an absent mind, I would just reply with my number, and BAM! I would be automatically banned. You don't know how annoying and heartbreaking that can be.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by VickyRotex(f): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
kay29000:

Let me explain the number thing. My number; 080-27794635 has been banned for life from nairaland. If I had typed it without that dash in between, this account would have been automatically banned for like 3 days. So, when I say I 'mistakenly type' my number, what I mean is that, someone might ask me a question, and want to get my number, and with an absent mind, I would just reply with my number, and BAM! I would be automatically banned. You don't know how annoying and heartbreaking that can be.

Do you know what they call "Anti-Spambot"?

Go read about it.

Still waiting for you to deactivate sha. undecided
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2015
kay29000:

And how did you get here? How did you get to this post so fast? Are you a mod? Or you have a crush on me and you are stalking me? winkOne of the mods that have been making life measurable for me on Nairaland (someone banned my number from Nairaland for life. Once I type it in mistakenly in any post, I get banned for a couple of days). With all i contribute to this forum daily, and amassing hundreds of likes daily on my comments, I get treated like bull crap.

*Miserable* illiterate
Re: What Exactly Happens When You Deactivate A Nairaland Account? by kay29000(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Delilah187:

*Miserable* illiterate

Like you haven't made a typo error before. I was angry yesterday, that's probably why I missed it.

(1) (Reply)

See What I Found When I Tried To Log Into My Yahoo Mail Today! / Bloggers Help Yourself By Helping Others To Get More Traffic Traffic / Google Adsense Still Under Review For 4months Now, Who Can Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.