Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

British Man Removes Ears In Quest To Look More Like Pet Parrots- Newstac - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / British Man Removes Ears In Quest To Look More Like Pet Parrots- Newstac (702 Views)

Senegal Parrots And Adorable Love Birds For Sale / Africa Grey Parrots For Sale / 4 months old healthy African Grey talking Parrots. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

British Man Removes Ears In Quest To Look More Like Pet Parrots- Newstac by Newstac: 9:26am On Oct 20, 2015
A man who has undergone multiple surgeries to look more like his pet parrots has recovered from his latest procedure, which involved cutting off his ears.

Ted Richards, who lives in the United Kingdom, with his pet parrots, Ellie, Teaka, Timneh, Jack and Bubi, has 110 tattoos, 50 piercings and a split tongue, news.com.au reported. The 56-year-old is planning his next procedure ,which would aim to make his nose resemble a beak.

“There’s no doubt that when they made me they broke the mold,” Richards told the news station. He began his journey in 1976 with his first tattoo, and he has since graduated to tattooing his face with colored feathers and whites of his eyes.

Richards said the procedure to remove his ears tool six hours, and he has begun dating a woman since recovering.

“I went to the supermarket the other day and I went in I said, ‘Blimey, it’s so windy out there; it blew my ears off,’ and everyone had a chuckle,” he told news.com.au.

“But seriously I love the fact that I’m unique, and I have always wanted to be different,” he said.

Richards told the news station he laughs off critics. He said the only negative comments he receives are those from people who also want the procedures performed but aren’t able to find a surgeon or from competing artists he didn’t have work done by.

“I know I’m going to get the white coat people coming around saying it’s completely illegal,” he told news.com.au. “They say we can’t do what we want to do to make us look like we want to. But my argument is what is stopping me going abroad and having cosmetic surgery done by an iffy surgeon, coming back here, having complications and getting the NHS to sort them out free of charge?”

Richards said he gave his ears to someone who will preserve them and put them on display.

Newstac.com is a tech-based site that is dedicated to bringing you the latest technology news and updates around the globe with its exciting features and categories to choose from. Visit us at www.newstac.com

1 Share

Re: British Man Removes Ears In Quest To Look More Like Pet Parrots- Newstac by yanabasee(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2015
Where is the picture of the man... Removing his ears? Or adonbiliv!

2 Likes

Re: British Man Removes Ears In Quest To Look More Like Pet Parrots- Newstac by delishpot: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2015
Hope he added colourful feathers and a beak to his face after chopping off his ears?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mimi's Kids Ready For New Homes... Aren't They Cute? / Gsd Female Pup Needed. Lagos environs / Pls Help Save An Ailing Useful Dog!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.