Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,266 members, 7,853,315 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs (837 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / FG Backtracks On December Deadline, Says Suicide Bombings May Continue / Military Unlikely To Crush Boko Haram By December Deadline - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by alcmene: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2015
ABUJA – The December deadline given to the Nigerian Army by president Mohammadu Buhari to completely rout out Boko Haram insurgents in the North east may not be feasible after all, as Service Chiefs on Monday told the president that their effort was being threatened by weather and logistics.

The Service Chiefs however did not specifically ask for extension of time.

Speaking to State House Correspondents on behalf of the Chiefs after a Security meeting with president Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja to brief him on the efforts of the military so far in the troubled north east, the Chief of Defense Staff, CDS, Abayomi Olonishakin and the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Defence, Alhaji Ismalia Aliyu, said the military was still on course despite the challenges.

Olonishakin said: “It is a normal consultation to intimate him of the issues on ground we briefed him on the security situation on ground after a 60-day review and we had to brief him on the challenges we have and ensure that the mandate we have is properly delivered.

“Of course, the challenges we are looking at are the issues of probably the weather as it were and some other logistics that we feel we should have so that the mandate can be quickly delivered. He is very excited, very happy. As for our request, he gave the mandate.

Extension of the deadline?

“We have not said that. The mandate is that we should clear Boko Haram from the occupied territories and ensure that we reclaim all the lost grounds. That is exactly what we are doing.

Is the mandate feasible?

“It is a military operation and military operations have time-lines and these time-lines, we are working on the assiduously”.

The CDS also confirmed the contributions of the governments of both United States of America and the United kingdom.

“When we get there, we will let you know. They have been involved in some capacity building and of course the tangible ones. But when we get there, we will let you know about it”.

In the same vein, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Defence, Alhaji Aliyu also hinted that the presidential directive was for the military to stay on task even as he expressed confidence in the ability of the military to ensure that the mandate was realized.

“We are here to brief the president on the situation of what armed forces have been doing in the north east and the south south. That is exactly what we discussed with Mr President.

“The directive is that we should continue what we have been doing and in the next few days, there will be another meeting. But by and large the president is excited and confident that the leadership of the Nigerian armed forces that he puts in will do us proud”, he said.

The meeting also had the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and the National Security Adviser, NSA, Babagana Monguno in attendance.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/boko-haram-weather-logistics-challenges-threatening-december-deadline-service-chiefs-tell-buhari/
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Beedemi247: 10:01am On Oct 20, 2015
fake asss people

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by bigass123(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2015
Shoro niyen undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by dunkem21(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2015
..and Buhari was asked "Will you resign if you fail to meet the December deadline" ..See speed wey him take shout No!!! grin grin ..

.. meanwhile, arch Ministerial angel of information, Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala will chant happily at the C in C to resign whenever a bomb goes off ..

GEJ has been vindicated ..

..As for me, I don change my name to Nnamdiwin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by alcmene: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2015
Excuse galore......

This is deception and cluelesness taken too far.

Boko Haram does not observe the weather in wrecking havoc. Our military are already making weather the excuse for not meeting December target. For how long shall we live in this national horror...?

I am being daily vindicated for not contributing to the emergence of this inept drunkard from Daura

3 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by athaboi(f): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2015
Arrant nonsense... How on earth will u give time on ending terrorism! They will do all they can to prove u wrong, Buhari is a general..general my foot. Illeterate general that lacks modern day strategies. I pity those. That were deceived with propaganda

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by OVI75(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2015
This country is a joke.shame on this northern almajiri deservice chiefs.

Now the mask is been unravelled,the alpha image is gradually fading away,the more competent northern almajiri are crying excuses,the deceit and despearation wil soon find another excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by donTbone(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2015
undecided
For them to meet the deadline, their wives, children and mother have to be in BH custody.
Guess with that, its gonna help speed things up! cry

Awon ONIRANU
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Davijunson: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2015
here they come with more lies... Nigerians are the ones to always suffer for it.
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2015
How did vanguard conclude its headline from this interview. Useless Ipob newspaper

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2015
athaboi:
Arrant nonsense... How on earth will u give time on ending terrorism! They will do all they can to prove u wrong, Buhari is a general..general my foot. Illeterate general that lacks modern day strategies. I pity those. That were deceived with propaganda
Timeline was to recover all lost territories
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2015
We already know that you guys are more interested in making political statements and scoring political points, and not to seriously tackle Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by gab264(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2015
IyaIode:
How did vanguard conclude its headline from this interview. Useless Ipob newspaper
For yaa information girl, (vanquard newspapers was owned by a Yoruba man,
kitikpa gbabuo i ebea, Maka ikponyere afa umunem abea IPOB

1 Like

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by athaboi(f): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2015
IyaIode:

Timeline was to recover all lost territories
pls go away, i hate nebotism. Was to recover lost territories and not to end boko haram, if u swear now u will die. Did u even read the headline? U will die will propaganda
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by cold(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2015
These insurgents are not aliens. They don't live in space,they live on land. This is where intelligence gathering has to be top notch.The military,DSS and other intelligence services need to up their game.
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2015
gab264:
For yaa information girl, (vanquard newspapers was owned by a Yoruba man,
kitikpa gbabuo i ebea, Maka ikponyere afa umunem abea IPOB
Iya nla iya e, ipob drug pusher
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Naijji: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2015
Ehn? Ehn!!
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2015
athaboi:
pls go away, i hate nebotism. Was to recover lost territories and not to end boko haram, if u swear now u will die. Did u even read the headline? U will die will propaganda
Ma wo ashiere na, dem swear for you? Na swear kill your people? No vex me this morning o
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by omenka(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2015
That is understandable. But I suggest the government stops giving deadlines and just do its work- let Nigerians assess them based on facts on ground. They feed the ravenous Wailers with stuffs like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by brize(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2015
a
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by alcmene: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2015
Simply put, the army chiefs can longer decode the president's body odour(signals).
In that case, I advise the president relocates to Maiduguri and ooze his body odour ( offensive) directly to the Boko Haram.

After all, in a recent interview with Aljazeera, he said instead of resigning he'll engage the Boko Haram one on one. Now, that his soldiers can no longer meet the December deadline is it not time the C-in-C led the war from the front?

The deadline was a fatal error in the first place. terror is not something u set a date for. what if they wait and strike from January? u people better start fighting Islamic hardcore preachers now or live with terror till thy kingdom come.
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by brize(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2015
I pray Boko Haram should be eradicated because human lives are so precious...
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2015
I weep for Nigeria
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by Emenahagos02(m): 10:48am On Oct 20, 2015
The worst of it all is after they've said they killed BH men, Shekau will send out a video telling Nigerian that the Army are lying. That shit makes me wanna ask, who have these Nigerian Soldiers been killing. Nigeria is getting funny day in and out.
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by feldido(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2015
Na waoooo, I don tire for this country wey dem de dribble us like Ronaldinho. Does Buhari consults the service Chiefs before making his promises? cry
Re: Bokoharam: We May Not Be Able To Meet December Deadline-service Chiefs by 400billionman: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
YOu guys are not doing enough Press ups..

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Atiku Under Pressure To Leave APC? - Thenews.ng / A Painful Return To ‘baby Factories’ / Sen. GNS Pwajok, Plateau State’s Gubernatorial Aspirant Has Died This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.