Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water (893 Views)

2017 MBGN Contestants Rock Bikini In New Pictures / Hi, I'm A Skin Care Blogger, Got Skin Problems Or Questions? Drop Them Here / Miss Universe 1964 Bikini Photo And Compare Them To Today's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Jetjacky(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2015
Hi-tech bikini purifies water when you swim wearing it

Researchers at University of California, Riverside, working with design firm Eray Carbajo have developed a new bikini, which they say purifies water by absorbing pollutants without causing any harm to the wearer, reported Odditycentral.com.

The two-piece is made of carbon-based filler materials with 3D-printed shells, which function as a sponge to take in pollutants from the water. The filler materials can absorb around 25 times their own weight, and the pollutants they absorb can only be released when the product is heated to at least 1000℃. This can be done up to 20 times before the inserts start losing their absorbency.

Mihri Ozkan, the head of the research and development group, said that they hope that people can see wearing eco-friendly swimsuits as a fun way of involving themselves in environmental protection.

The invention won the first prize at the 2015 Reshape Wearable Technology Competition earlier this month

Cc: Lalasticlacla , freemanan ,

Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Jetjacky(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2015
Krystalzkris, Spaxon, Miztyna, Sinaj, prettythicksme would you wear this after reading this info?
Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Krystalzkris(f): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jetjacky:
Krystalzkris, Spaxon, Miztyna, Sinaj, prettythicksme would you wear this after reading this info?
when i see it first

1 Like

Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Jetjacky(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Krystalzkris:
when i see it first
but you would look for it, right
Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Krystalzkris(f): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jetjacky:
but you would look for it, right
no
Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Jetjacky(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Krystalzkris(f): 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jetjacky:
why
i have my reasons..if i see it within my vicinity,il try using.. But,i cnt go looking for it
Re: Researchers Reveal That Hi-tech Bikini Purifies Water by Jetjacky(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Krystalzkris:
i have my reasons..if i see it within my vicinity,il try using.. But,i cnt go looking for it
okay

(1) (Reply)

. / A Made In Biafra Shoe Hits Lagos Market, Over 40,000 Pairs Reportedly Sold (see / What Is The Recent Price Of Industrial Machine In Osogbo, Ibadan or Lagos.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.