Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice (778 Views)

Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos / My Landlord / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
One Raymond has been living in my apartment for over a year plus now without paying his rent, anytime I call him to remind him, he keep telling me that 'he will pay his rent when he comes back, I'm tired, but don't know what to do

Please help if you can
Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by ajasbaba(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
type quit notice give am,

i think its 3 or 6 month depending on the area,

then u can call police to evict him.

simple.

1 Like

Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by 77al: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Do not do any thing. I repeat
Do not do any thing until you have hired a lawer.
I believe only lawers are legally allowed to issue a quit notice.

HIRE A LAWER

1 Like

Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by Hero10001: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
Just visit a Celestial woli make dem break coconut for him head. He will pay your money and relocate to lagoon asap.
Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by yetseyi(f): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
Heartrobber He said he will pay when he comes back, Is he out of town?

Does he delay payment normally or is this the first time.

There are a lot of things that can be involved but I am surprised you have to keep calling to remind him, he should be the one calling, apologising and informing you when it will be ready.

One year is a long time. Some tenants do have real challenges and some can be very nasty they can afford but wont pay until you take harsh measures.
Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
yetseyi:
Heartrobber He said he will pay when he comes back, Is he out of town?

Does he delay payment normally or is this the first time.

There are a lot of things that can be involved but I am surprised you have to keep calling to remind him, he should be the one calling, apologising and informing you when it will be ready.

One year is a long time. Some tenants do have real challenges and some can be very nasty they can afford but wont pay until you take harsh measures.

Thanks, bro

Normally, when I call to remind him, he will not pick the call, and if I use another number to reach him, he will tell me that he don't have any money to give me now, that anytime he gets the money he will send it to me. I'm so angry right now as am typing.

The truth is that I don't need him anymore, I want my property back.

How will I get my property back? Any idea?
Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by yetseyi(f): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
HeartRobber:

Thanks, bro

Normally, when I call to remind him, he will not pick the call, and if I use another number to reach him, he will tell me that he don't have any money to give me now, that anytime he gets the money he will send it to me. I'm so angry right now as am typing.

The truth is that I don't need him anymore, I want my property back.

How will I get my property back? Any idea?

I am a sis

He may truly have some financial challenges but evading someone you owe is a no no for me. I would have thought he would call to explain instead of avoiding your number. Whatever the case you need your property.

It really is not fair losing more than a year rent.

You can get your rent first then after some time you can give him quit notice.

You could serve a quit notice but he will be entitled to use some months before he leaves (3 or 6). I don't know if this is applica ble only in Lagos and there still is no possibility he will leave.

You can sue but he can decide not to show up at court and he will still be living on your property while the case lasts.

You can use a bit of force (I dont support this at all) but this is naija and it works perfectly.

Was there no paperwork or a form of agreement he signed as at the time he paid.
Re: Any Landlord In The House? Please Advice by StPete: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
ajasbaba:
type quit notice give am,

i think its 3 or 6 month depending on the area,

then u can call police to evict him.

simple.

Gbam!!! This is just the solution to the problem

BTW, why did you have to wait this long before requesting payment?
I once had a tenant that was this troublesome, but serving him quit notice (through a lawyer friend) ended the whole shit.

Though he didn’t take the news lightly at first, he went ahead to bring police and relatives to harass me, but in the end, he moved out at the expiration of the notice.

(1) (Reply)

When You Keep Having Sex In The Dark / Baby Found Abandoned By Mother Inside Bush In Ilorin (pics) / HIKMAN ATANDA Has Been Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.