Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister (1275 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Shaking Hands With, Justin Trudeau Current Canadian Prime Minister / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Gen Gowon Shaking Hands With Justin Trudeau As A Child In 1973 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by OtunbaJega: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
''Justin Trudeau will be Canada's next prime minister after leading the Liberal Party to a stunning majority government win, dashing the hopes of Stephen Harper, who had been seeking his fourth consecutive mandate, but will now step down as party leader. 

This will be the second time for Canada to be led by a Trudeau, as the 43-year-old Liberal leader follows in the footsteps of his father, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, who served as prime minister for almost 16 years before retiring in 1984''.

Sunny ways my friends. Sunny ways," Trudeau told his enthusiastic supporters in Montreal. "This is what positive politics can do."

Canadians, he said, had sent a clear message that it's "time for change in this country my friends. Real change."

"We beat fear with hope," Trudeau said. "We beat cynicism with hard work. We beat negative, divisive politics with a positive vision that brings Canadians together."

Justin Trudeau addresses supporters at party headquarters in Montreal after leading the Liberal Party to a majority victory. (CBC)
Speaking to his supporters in Calgary, Harper made no mention about his political future, but the head of the Conservative Party released a statement indicating that the prime minister would step down.

"The people are never wrong," Harper told his supporters, adding that he accepts the results without hesitation.

He said it was an "unbelievable honour to serve as your prime minister."

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/canada-election-2015-voting-results-polls-1.3278537

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by benedictnsi(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ok... . That country has the highest number of Literate..... They are really educated.
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by hamzakito(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
ok
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
from father to Son. Na only thier family dey Canada?
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by OtunbaJega: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
atbu1983:
from father to Son. Na only thier family dey Canada?

Ask the Bush family too naw

Pierre Trudeau was PM a long time ago
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Chanchit: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
I no even know how this news take concern us.

1 Like

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by OtunbaJega: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:

No be everybody dey live for Aniocha village and no be everybody useless like the so called IPOB Youth
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Princecalm(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:

a typical Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by otokx(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
"positive politics" hope he rules well.
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Chanchit: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Princecalm:

a typical Nigerian.
OtunbaJega:

No be everybody dey live for Aniocha village and no be everybody useless like the so called IPOB Youth
Princecalm:

a typical Nigerian.

There are some thrash I don't need to store in my brain, thought its a pity I now have this info in my brain, but take it or leave it,there are some Canadians who do not know there's a country called Nigeria, talkless of knowing the name of your president. If I have an appointment at the Canadian embassy, I would read up about them. All of you forming tuish, can you tell me the name of the name of the VP of Togo without checking google? No, because you feel you don't need Togo, but because you think you need canada,you will/must have to know the name of their pm.

3 Likes

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
A victory for democracy to Canadians
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Princecalm(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:

There are some thrash I don't need to store in my brain, thought its a pity I now have this info in my brain, but take it or leave it,there are some Canadians who do not know there's a country called Nigeria, talkless of knowing the name of your president. If I have an appointment at the Canadian embassy, I would read up about them. All of you forming tuish, can you tell me the name of the name of the VP of Togo without checking google? No, because you feel you don't need Togo, but because you think you need canada,you will/must have to know the name of their pm.

no body is forcing you to know the PM better still you would have ignored the thread.

1 Like

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Chanchit: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
Princecalm:

no body is forcing to kniw the PM better still you would have ignored the thread.

Nobody is forcing you to quote me, just ignore me.

1 Like

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Princecalm(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:

hehehe....... funny post

1 Like

Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by OtunbaJega: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:

You sef know say na rubbish you post
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by hinwazaka: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
OtunbaJega:

He sure taught the two of you a lesson. Next time, you should probably consider all possible outcomes, before dissing someone on Nairaland.
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by Chanchit: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
OtunbaJega:

I didn't post rubbish, you guys are just being mentally wired to kneel to the west.
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by vedaxcool(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
grin grin grin I thought the fool Harper anti - muslim campaign would help him land another term as PM, well not hating muslims does not pay at the end of the day!
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by meforyou1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
"What positive politics can do". Reminds of the best Nigerian president in recent times. Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. The man that introduced positive politics in Nigeria. A man whose political ambition doesn't worth the shedding of a single innocent blood
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by OtunbaJega: 2:14am On Oct 21, 2015
meforyou1:
"What positive politics can do". Reminds of the best Nigerian president in recent times. Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. The man that introduced positive politics in Nigeria. A man whose political ambition doesn't worth the shedding of a single innocent blood

Bleep you and jonathan.. that clueless i.diot
Re: Justin Trudeau Is Canada's New Prime Minister by ademusiwa5: 2:16am On Oct 21, 2015
Congrat

(1) (Reply)

FG To Pay Unemployed Youths N5,000 Each In 2016 / Russia Says US Deployed 200 Nuclear Bombs In Europe / Minister: 10,000 Primary Health Centres Coming For 774 Councils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.