Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,015 members, 7,852,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

The New Form Of Governance In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Form Of Governance In Lagos. (530 Views)

15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Omojuwa: The Difference Between Lagos And Ekiti In Terms Of Governance / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Form Of Governance In Lagos. by Duroabiola: 3:14am On Oct 21, 2015
I had an horrifying experience in Agege area of Lagos state on the 20th of October 2015 on this particular day around 10pm. I witnessed the men of the Lagos State task force breeze in with their vans and black Maria's. And before we knew what was happening they swung into duty and started arresting and seizing wares form those selling beside the main road in Pen Cinema but most of the people managed to get away with their Goods. But the task enforcers who are paid with our tax in Lagos swung into duty and started arresting pedestrians who were watching what was going on probably because they thought they were the ones displaying their wares but the pedestrians including me explained to them that we are just pedestrians watching all the commotion and the cause.But they insisted they were going to arrest us for nothing , some of us were beaten black and blue in the ensuing struggle. I even explained to them that I was a NYSC corp member but instead the policemen intensified the beating .i could not even believe my eyes when a KAI officer even had the audacity to lay hands on me. In the ensuing struggle I sustained injuries to my hand, leg and face. Then I was later released when I was attracting crowd which embarrassed them. What comes to my mind now is. Are we practicing the military system of governance in Lagos state where even the task force , KAI officials or Lastma officials think they can assault citizens in the state . Or are practicing the system of Governance where citizens aren't allowed to sit, watch, stand or talk. If that is the aim of this present government in the state then they need get ready because I know the citizens of the state won't stand by and watch as this goes on . It's only a matter of time before they are made to taste their own medicine. Abiola Durojaiye
Re: The New Form Of Governance In Lagos. by Mekky05(m): 3:36am On Oct 21, 2015
My brother, sorry for your injuries.. The relevant authorities are more less "agberos" in office plus the craze for uniform which gives power to molest the citizenry!

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Is Changing Oshiomhole’s Permutations / Today's News Paper Reviw On Wednesday 27 October 2015 / PHOTOS: Troops Kill 30 Boko Haram Members, Rescue Captives In Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.