Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy (5149 Views)

Watch Video: See Jackie Chan Speaking Pidgin, Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba For His Movie / Jonathan Denies Speaking With King Of Morocco, Orders Full Investigation / Italians Eating Suya@ Ikoyi Club And Speaking Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 9:50pm On May 01, 2009
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by ElRazur: 9:59pm On May 01, 2009
@Blacksta I see that you ran out of "ekiti stories" and what not. cheesy
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 10:03pm On May 01, 2009
everythin is quiet at the moment - Even the forum is quiet
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by PapaBrowne(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2009
Daaaammmmmnnnn!!
The dude makes Pidgin English sound even cooler!!
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by MaiSuya(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2009
KAIIIIII!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Lax75(m): 3:19am On May 02, 2009
Ol boy, this dude is cool with me man! Would like to meet the bobo self, lol
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by TOYOSI20(f): 4:33am On May 02, 2009
Lax75:

Ol boy, this dude is cool with me man! Would like to meet the bobo self, lol

So would i. . . .like seriously he really went all out oo. . .accent, slangs and all!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by unfaded(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2009
the guy don loss for naija, lmao
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by strangleyo: 1:27am On May 03, 2009
well well well, what have we here
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by porka: 4:09pm On May 03, 2009
y u no ask d guy wetin hin kno about yahoo; mugu, maga etc? lol
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Nemeziz9ja: 5:23pm On May 03, 2009
For a Colorado guy, this dude is fun to watch.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 6:37pm On May 03, 2009
we don even corrupt the guy - the guy de ask for money - north and south pidgin lol
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by redsun(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2009
This is some nice shit,just a lively guy,feeling the rhythm.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by TmeD0(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2009
what's cool about this video is how fluent and somewhat proficient this oyinbo bobo be with pidgin English considering he's a foreigner.

on the other hand, what i find not only uncool but distasteful is the naija guy in the background trying too hard to talk like an American. 

cursing and carrying on like it's cool.  here we have a foreigner embracing our culture while this American-wanna-be is making a darn fool of himself trying to
sound American despite hin thick naija accent.  *shakes head in disbelief* some people sha. . .    olodo buruku!
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Lax75(m): 4:01am On May 05, 2009
@ T@meD0

Omo you took the words right outta my mouth! The naija bobo interviewing was really stretching his throat!

Funny
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by OgidiBoy(m): 4:06am On May 05, 2009
That was awesome, dude speaks better pidgin English than me shocked
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 6:19am On May 05, 2009
T@meD0:

what's cool about this video is how fluent and somewhat proficient this oyinbo bobo be with pidgin English considering he's a foreigner.

on the other hand, what i find not only uncool but distasteful is the naija guy in the background trying too hard to talk like an American. 

cursing and carrying on like it's cool.  here we have a foreigner embracing our culture while this American-wanna-be is making a darn fool of himself trying to
sound American despite hin thick naija accent.  *shakes head in disbelief* some people sha. . .    olodo buruku!

Nigerians suffer from serious inferiority complex. Them plenty for U.k and i am sure in the U.s trying so hard to force the accent. Many times i just laugh " see this agege bush boy or with trying to blow phonetics" . One thing they dont know it sounds awful.

Why dont you just speak clear english.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by busibodi(f): 7:54pm On May 05, 2009
and that was how africa was colonised; gulliblity!
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by PAPABOMBOY: 8:13pm On May 05, 2009
This cain thin dey taya me. See as we dey discredit awa self sha, becos nah whitey nahim be say e betta.

Open your eyes people All these oyinbo ass-lickers !!!!

Scenario:

White man speak Pidgin English (Gets a whole thread on nairaland)

Response: The boy try sha!

Awa own naija man with thick African accent speak American English.

Response: The bobo nah American-wanna-be, fool, olodo buruku,etc

*shakes head and walks out*
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Ilelobola: 9:41pm On May 05, 2009
PAPABOMBOY:

This cain thin dey taya me. See as we dey discredit awa self sha, becos nah whitey nahim be say e betta.

Scenario:

My thots exactly.
Fun to watch though.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by DisGuy: 9:54pm On May 05, 2009
chei how irritating!

mehhhhhn yuck yuck yuck!
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 10:22pm On May 05, 2009
PAPABOMBOY:

Scenario:

The differnce btw the oyinbo and American Naija wanabe

oyinbo - na natural flow no stressing - he grew up in nIgeria

American Niaja wanabe - he grow up in Nigeria - the accent was not natural it is down to stressing your vocals lol
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by TmeD0(m): 7:35pm On May 06, 2009
PAPABOMBOY:

Scenario:

obviously, you're missing the point here!  and since that's the case, let me help you out cause i know some of us are that slow.

what i pointed out was someone trying to be who he's not.  in other words, he could have stuck with the pidgin english he was speaking in the beginning
rather than trying to sound like an american instead of a nigerian, which we all should be proud to be in the first place.

what's more, he was even cursing for no apparent reason all for the sake of trying to sound american, which is not cool.  an average american (regardless of the race)
doesn't go around cursing and thinks that's cool.  No, that's not cool! that's being GHETTO!

why you had to interject race into this still baffles me.  i guess to you, pointing out something that's inappropriate and unnecessary makes that person an "oyinbo ass-licker" abi?  {shakes head}

what a moronic statement!  na only on NL sha. . . 

busi-bodi:

and that was how africa was colonised; gulliblity!

and what has gullibility have to do with this. . .i'm curious to know your reasoning behind that remark.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by GettysBurg: 12:38am On May 07, 2009
PAPABOMBOY:

Scenario:

While I don't agree totally with all you've said, I get ur logic.

An American speaking with a Nigerian accent- Everybody loves it. Its so cool!
A Nigerian speaking with an American Accent- Everybody hates it. Says he is a sell out!

Everybody gets influenced by the environment he resides. Since the white boy got influenced by the Nigeria accent, whats wrong if the black guy gets influenced by the American accent soince he resides there.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by 9ja4eva: 5:34am On May 07, 2009
LMAO, Its interesting, lol,

Guy speak am pass some Nigerians,
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 6:06am On May 07, 2009
GettysBurg:

While I don't agree totally with all you've said, I get ur logic.

An American speaking with a Nigerian accent- Everybody loves it. Its so cool!
A Nigerian speaking with an American Accent- Everybody hates it. Says he is a sell out!

Everybody gets influenced by the environment he resides. Since the white boy got influenced by the Nigeria accent, whats wrong if the black guy gets influenced by the American accent soince he resides there.

Nobody denies that fact but you and i know that particular one was a voice over an thick Nigerian accent
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by SeanT21(f): 6:12am On May 07, 2009
The guy try eventhough I could not understand a word!! angry
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Badriyyah(f): 6:47am On May 07, 2009
Hmmmm, A white boy that grew up in Nigeria can speak Pidgin English, So what?? What is so special about it?
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Riskie(f): 7:30am On May 07, 2009
This is like someone making a thread about a Nigerian who grew up in America being able to speak English undecided
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by romeo(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2009
Riskie:

This is like someone making a thread about a Nigerian who grew up in America being able to speak English undecided

very true!
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by blacksta(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2009
Riskie:

shharrraaaaaaap there , my friend

It is an every day norm that you will meet an oyinbo man speaking deep rooted pidgin english.
Re: Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy by Akpangbon: 9:16am On May 07, 2009
Stupid fellas -

do you guys think at all? If a black man speaks in the American Language with the American Accent, you guys will nail him, you will say he has lost his culture and is copying the Americans, but hey, this white dude now speaks in pidgin english and you make a hue and cry as if he has done something out of the ordinary, I am not surprised, its all part of the white supremacy thing - if he likes let him speak in my Ekiti mother tongue, who foking cares?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geographical Location. . . . . How Did The Igbos Come To Be Known As Easterners? / I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? / #EdoDecides: PDP Leads APC In 8 LGA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.