Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo (3199 Views)

Attack Me, Not Igbo, Sultan To Northern Youths / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by agadez007(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2015
this is not meant to riducle the yoruba nation but i have noticed that here on NL,the yoruba people derive a kind of Joy when these group of people claim they are not igbo,,you see yorubas showering them with likes and calling igbos ''Landgrabbers'' etc

Even on facebook i once saw an anioma woman claming not Igbo,and the yoruba were liking and cheering her
The same yorubas who call anybody Not yourba or Hausa ''omo ibo'' were now teaching us history on who is igbo and who is Not

I think yorubas should change this bad habit

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2015
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Vicotex(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2015
I am not IGBO, i am from EDA in Afikpo/Ebonyi state.
When they see something like that they begin to party as if their don't stink

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by moderation2020: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2015
agadez007:
this is not meant to riducle the yoruba nation but i have noticed that here on NL,the yoruba people derive a kind of Joy when these group of people claim they are not igbo,,you see yorubas showering them with likes and calling igbos ''Landgrabbers'' etc

Even on facebook i once saw an anioma woman claming not Igbo,and the yoruba were liking and cheering her
The same yorubas who call anybody Not yourba or Hausa ''omo ibo'' were now teaching us history on who is igbo and who is Not

my bros, see eh, the truth remains that yeellooobasss are very wicked and dangerous, occultiic and devilish, no-do good and backstabbing group of recycled materials since 1900 grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by staymore: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2015
And the truth remains that Ikwere is not Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by brize(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2015
its just a divide and rule tactics

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by dialfa: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2015
Even me Alfa, Son of Seltzer, from Nnewi Ichi, am not Igbo. I'm East Central.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by dialfa: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2015
staymore:

Of course not. Ikwerre is SS. LOL grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2015
I care less whether any grp of people or persons rejoice; I speak for my tribe and will say it for the upteenth time; Ikwerres are not and will never be igbos!!! We re Niger deltans!!!

As usual all u igbo bigots will call me a Yoruba Mechanic, I still care less!!!

When U'll know whether we joking or not is when ur delusion brings u to lay claim to our ancestral land.... Nonsense greedy ingrates!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by moderation2020: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2015
staymore:

it shows how deluded u are.

u didn't even say Ahuda, Abua, Ogoni's or Isiopko, you said ikwere, Ikwere's that speaks good igbo, deluded element

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by PointB: 8:22am On Oct 21, 2015
Hehehehehe

I know for sure that, just like the Ikwerres, the Owerri, Awka, and Aba people are not Igbos. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by wytecat: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2015
You ibos are just insecure and paranoid, that's all!
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by simplycarro: 8:40am On Oct 21, 2015
These Biafran fools just love the sound of their own voices.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I care less whether any grp of people or persons rejoice; I speak for my tribe and will say it for the upteenth time; Ikwerres are not and will never be igbos!!! We re Niger deltans!!!

When U'll know whether we joking or not is when ur delusion brings u to lay claim to our ancestral land.... Nonsense greedy ingrates!!!

IGBOSON1:
^^^Please don't display your ignorance for the entire world to see!

For every Ikwerre who goes out of his way to claim not to be Igbo, i can show you one who has decided not to buy into the lie sold to him by Igbo haters who see Ndigbo as the last obstacle on their way to claiming their war booty and maintaining the status-quo that continues to give them an unfair advantage over the rest of us!

When Igboland was balkanised in 1967 -with parts of it placed in Rivers state to deny Ndigbo access to the sea and deny us access to our God-given natural resources- where Ndigbo invited for the discussion!? The delineation was done by Hausa/Fulani with help from their Yoruba friends! Fastforward a couple of decades later and you're now telling me i should accept the boundaries and decisions arrived at by the very people that hate me? You must be off your rocker mate!

For your information, Ndoni, Egbema and Obigbo are Igboland! The fact that slaves like you have decided to kowtow to the wishes of the arrogant and wicked 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern assistants is entirely your business, but never in your enslaved life posit that Igboland does not extend into Rivers state!
Armaggedon:
you are not ikwerre. You dont even know the make up of Rivers state.

Many ikwerres are proud igbos. Even at that most of the ikwerres that deny their igboness dont flaunt it online like you do b'cos they know they cant defend their argument.
chocho28:
WHAT TRASH IS THIS? YOUR GREED AND IGNORANCE IS YOUR GREATEST UNDOING
kostadinis:
A true ikwerre should have known the tribal components of Rivers state and here you failed woefully. A true Ikwerre should have known about Ogba, Egbema, Ndoni and Obigbo. These are Igbos of RIVERS STATE.

On the other hand, NOT all Ikwerre deny being Igbo. Isaac Mahowu the Deputy President of Ohaneze Ndigbo is a proud igbo man and a lot others. Diobu is a historically well documented Igbo enclave of Aro ancestry. All Ikwerre and Etche deities are IGBO including the Ojukwu of Diobu. So, what the hell are you talkng? Go learn your history and geography. Na afoto onu! Nonsense!

Or better still, learn from your brother HopeAtHand. He misbehaves most of the time but will readily admit that Ikwerre "were once Igbo".
And that "Diobu is of Aro ancestry". With respect to the Okirikans, PH and Rivers state smacks of Igbo.
Armaggedon:
there is no need wasting your time. hopeathand has never been known to be ikwerre. Many ikwerre sons have on this forum suggested that his is an impostor. Even the idiot you are quoting is yoruba.

Most yorubas know that 75 percent of rivers state including ph is igboland but they find it difficult acknowledging it b'cos of igbophobia
erikcantona:
yoruba people have now registered with new moniker to claim IGBo hahahah. This people wnt sieze to amuze me!!bijaw kallabari ogoni all are more biafran then IGBOs am from OBUMA in degeme lga of rivers am a pure biafran!!isee iseeee !! Get behind us you agents of. Divide and rule
erikcantona:
biafra is not by force if they want they can join or stay with nigerisa nobody is forcing them a woman from akwaibom called radiobiafra and was singing for Us it was so emotional
erikcantona:
they are biafrans by birth but a refferendum will be conducted for them to decide but am sure many of Dem crave for biafra as one woman called biafra from akwaibom and was singing a very touching song with there language and praizing director with full assurance that his community wnts biafra as soon as. Posible desam wit some part of edo state some part realy want biafra
Duru1:
Igwe Ocha is Igbo land and it is not negotiable whether it will be included in the Republic of Igbo land or even Biafra. Please you can take your south-south crap and shove it for all I care.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Raymondenyi:

If you know that you're not a demented animal answer this questions; Before the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 by the British, was there anything like Niger Delta, SS or Bendel?
What were the people from those areas (I mean to day's Niger deltans) called?
Can you tell us the meaning of Niger and Delta?
I will be waiting in anticipation for your answers grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by kingzizzy: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2015
The funny thing is that if an Anioma/Ikwere/Etche man is in Yorubaland, the Yoruba Man will see no difference between them and an SE Igbo and call him "Omo Igbo"

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 21, 2015
superstar1:
What is our business concerning who is y1bo or not?

If people said that are not something, then they are not. It is only y1bos that does not have a clear cut ancestral lineage, history and culture that are always forceful in making anybody and everybody y1bo against their will.

No wonder you forced Igbo language on all, in the old Eastern region, despite a significant number of other minorities.

If ikwerres or ukwuanis etc says they are not y1bo, then they are not. They definitely know their history more than the y1bos that are doing attaché "by fire by force".

Jokers.

FreeGlobe:

You are very ignorant, igbo is one of the tribes recognized in Rivers state constitution. Omuma, oyigbo, etc are all full blooded igbos
FreeGlobe:
we igbos also staged a massive protest in port harcourt yesterday that is giving yoruba sleepless nights..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltZjY0creA
Abagworo:
...Do you think that the protest could hold without Wike's knowledge? A game has been played and the Government can never admit being part of the game by the way. Mean while a lot of Ikwerre, Etche and Eleme men were in the protest verified by me.

I am not pro-Biafra especially when they involve South south but I always stick to the truth I know.
RedCard1:
It wasn't easy in Port Harcourt earlier today. Men, women, boys and girls were ruggedly involved in the protest. Ikwerre road was so powerful.

Please give us Biafra. We want to be on our own.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 21, 2015
agadez007:

Because they're like the devil. You know the devil is always looking for souls that will spend the eternity with him in HELL.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by superstar1(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2015
What is our business concerning who is y1bo or not?

If people said that are not something, then they are not. It is only y1bos that does not have a clear cut ancestral lineage, history and culture that are always forceful in making anybody and everybody y1bo against their will.

No wonder you forced Igbo language on all, in the old Eastern region, despite a significant number of other minorities.

If ikwerres or ukwuanis etc says they are not y1bo, then they are not. They definitely know their history more than the y1bos that are doing attaché "by fire by force".

Jokers.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2015
A few Igbos is equivalent to large number of Hausas and Yorubas....so anything that can reduce the size of Igbos be it physically or Psychologically is what they must propagate

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2015
wytecat:
You ibos are just insecure and paranoid, that's all!

erikcantona:
Another mad man from yaba left !! We are no longer answering that name called ss we now knw better ! Together we are stronger !! We are biafrans mind you am from rivers state
dejavski:
Am ilaje and I support BIAFRA... though in a peaceful manner.
I have come to realise that most yorubas are really scared of secession but they won't admit it

Quote me anywhere
mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating
their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority.

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria
new2020:

I'm not Igbo. I'm just knowledgeable of their achievements. Read below...Igbos have led in every achievement ahead of the Yorubas up until the civil war. Yorubas only got ahead after the war when the Igbos lost everything and seriously damaged by the war...that was the only way yorubas could get ahead. Awolowo was very much aware of this agenda which is why he offered yorubas free education while starving Igbos at the same time. You get it? However Igbos have since reclaimed that position since 2000.

Read below article. Again Igbos are not your mate. Whites are aware of this!

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2547
ceaz4r:

The phobia you and your lots have for the Igbos have become so obvious is now a sour to the eyes.
Whether your concern for the vaibility of the Biafran state when it comes is genuine or faulse, it doesn't scratch us one bit. In fact, we don't and won't notice.
Stay in your enclave there and watch.

* one advice for you, buy a carton of panadol extra and desolve the madicine in a basin of water to form syrup, also buy a straw. When the pounding headache from thinking about Biafra gets too unbearable, you sip some of the syrup. You will need it.
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by simpleseyi: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2015
agadez007:

Please are Anioma/Ikwerre people going to pay money into my accounts becuase they are not Ibos? If not, then you must be madder than Agbari Ojukwu for insinuating that I am happy because Anioma/Ikwerre people have disassociated themselves from Biafra. Wetin concern me with whether Anioma/Ikwerre are Hausa, Ibo or Kanuri?
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by RareDiamond: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2015
It is because of ignorance and envy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Uniben4sure: 9:40am On Oct 21, 2015
From today I careless what anybody claims to be, so long as it does not hinder the greatness of Igbo nation.

Those from Anioma or Ikwerre who treat me as one of theirs will be treated in like manner while those who act otherwise will be treated like strangers. Case closed!

Long live the great Igbo nation!
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by heavenstorm: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2015
All dis Igbos yanmiris no go let us hear word again ooo.... Shey na by force to covet ur neighbour's wealth.... Hahaha.... Dem swear for una... Igbo... Igbo.. If I swear for una... Una life no go better again... Parasites Nd cockroaches..... U can as well claim nairaland say na una papa build am.... Stupid set of jobless tribalists.....
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by FKO81(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2015
Don't mind the fool.s when I open thread about Ijebus and other sub ethnic groups in southwester denying been Yorubba the same e.goats online started running from piller to post, hypocritical animals

https://www.nairaland.com/2512540/shocking...we-not-yorubas-sudan-says

https://www.nairaland.com/2533488/shocking-egun-not-yoruba---dr-pius
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by staymore: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2015
moderation2020:

it shows how deluded u are.

u didn't even say Ahuda, Abua, Ogoni's or Isiopko, you said ikwere, Ikwere's that speaks good igbo, deluded element

Am not here for insults
Is Isiokpo not the headquarters of Ikwere LGA? Most of you just argue what you have no idea of
Re: Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2015
sandraokosun:
dont worry abt their dreams. Its non existent. Their are two ways to it, another civil war which they cant. Or a referandum to opt out which would never happen, i dont see any yoruba or hausa fulani (even gej didnt give them SS LAND) calling 4 that. Nt becos they are so relevant but because they(biafra) would ask for SS LAND AND OIL and nt emigrants. U Can see the politics why an igbo man has never and will never become president. They cant be trusted with ths. Igbo can keep wailing margilization and wish for a non existent

EzePromoe:
[b]OP, you're Yoruba. How did I know this? Your assertion on the ceased property bla bla bla depicted the common argument that some NLders from the Western divides do present. You've not even crossed the Niger bridge and you're coming with your 'we Niger Delta' rant. If a true Niger Deltan brings up this argument, here are some simple questions I will ask him/her, 'ARE ABIA, IMO & ONDO STATES NOT IN THE NIGER DELTA? IF YOU DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IGBOS WHILE WOULD YOU INCLUDE SOME IGBOID GROUPS IN YOUR MAP, OR DO YOU THINK WE DON'T WISH TO ALSO BE ON OUR OWN?' But I know that you're just an impostor but I was kind to reply you (something I rarely do) because you could be a Niger Deltan (perhaps from Ondo state) and you may be unschooled of Nigerian demographics.

There's this big mistake that some of you impostors get wrong which sells your tricks out and makes people identify you faster. And those mistakes are;

- You limit Igboland to the 5 SE states as it is obtainable in the SW. People who created those states new next to nothing about Igbos. Those boundaries are fraudulent and in no way reflect our identity.

- You exaggerate the Igboid denial story to soothe your ego. I saw in your post where you said the Ikwerres took abandoned properties. Where if I may ask? The properties that were ceased was by the Ijaws who then dominated the Rivers state of old. Some of the properties which was within Ikwerre enclaves such as Diobu, were guided by the Ikwerre people and later returned to the owners. Those who didn't come back to reclaim their properties for fear of Nigerian army killing them, and had their properties occupied. If you've been to Diobu area most especially Ileabuchi axis, Nnamdi Azikiwe bypass, you'll think you're in Onitsha or Aba and we're cool with it. Diobu indigenes have even integrated with the SE Igbo people in the area, and they speak the Igbo 'Creole' and pidgin English.

- When impersonating you guys don't do research or enquire before carrying out your task. Do you know that 80% non Igbo Rivers men can't tell the difference between a SE Igbomen and other Igbos. They see us all as one homogeneous entity, just as we would refer to all people from Efik, Ibibio, Annang even Ogoja people as 'Calabar people' though they may not agree with you. During the election period, I was arguing with someone who's from Abonema. He was arguing in Dakuku's favour and I in Wike's favour, and he mentioned to me that Igbos have been ruling Rivers state for 16 years (he was refering to the governorship of Odili, Omehia and Amaechi altogether).

- Not all Ikwerres (or any other Igboid groups) deny being Igbo. There are some people who are indifferent also to this divides. Those who deny being Igbo are in the minority. Why you hear mostly about them is because they are pretty loud in their denial. You remember when Amaechi spoke in Buhari's campaign in Owerri telling anyone who cares to listen in Igbo language that he is Igbo. He challenged Jonathan whose name was 'Ebele' to speak Igbo like he did. The word 'Igbo' has no meaning in Igbo language. During the pre-colonial era, all Igbo groups never had a common identity. We chose to live seperately in towns and villages. Don't be surprise, if any part of the SE today hadn't been part of the SE would have done same or even worse.

Finally on Biafran issue, you guys don't really know the dynamics of SS/SE involvement in this that is why you say thrash because it's beyond you. I am (or should I say 'I was') a believer in 'One Nigeria' but you guys make this mistake of collectively insulting the entire Igbo race because you think Biafra is synonymous with Igbo but you forget to grab the fact that just as there are pro-Biafrans amongst Igbo, the are also pro-Biafra Ijaws, Ibibio, Efik, Urhobo as well as anti-Biafran Igbos and other groups too. Now when you ignore this fact to collectively insult all of us, you don't know that you're uniting us unto one course which is BIAFRA. Or do you think because I want Nigeria to exist as one, I will side you to spit on my fathers land? I would rather have Nigeria break into pieces than work against the collective of my people. God forbid! I would rather align with Radio Biafra who's got something good to say about me than to settle for insults.

All I'm saying is that you're deceiving yourself if you think insulting SEners will pitch us against them. Think again bro.
[/b]

Kponkwem:
The SE Igbo, I emphasise it, the SE Igbo have no problem whatsoever in the SS. Like I said before in a post-oil SS and Nigeria, would you still maintain this ‘I hate Igbo’ bragadaccio? We know Igbos have faced attacks from the Hausa-Fulani North but it is mainly because of an ideological clash of Judeo-Christian traditions of free enterprise and republicanism as against violent, feudal Islamic Arabism. This perceived clash affects Igbo more because of their numbers in those parts and not for any other reason. The Hausa and Yoruba people recognize and respect the Igbo very well more than these smaller minority tribes, including yours if you are one of them, and that is why people like us have been working in good positions in Hausa-owned companies for many years.
To your second point that Yorubas do not constitute nuisance in Rivers State, pray why would they when they are strangers from afar? But same can’t be said of the Igbo who are either indigene of the state or from a neighbouring community. Answer this question, have you ever heard an Awori (indigenous Lagosian) asking other Yoruba from Ondo or Ekiti not to be free and expressive in Lagos? How much more all Igbo indigenous or SE in PH?
I still insist that we are all brothers, the lines dividing us in Rivers are two thin, forget the past hurts...

(1) (Reply)

Before You Start Shouting ‘give Us Biafra’, You Should See This… / Breaking: Militants Continue Bombing In Delta / Hurray!!! Nnamdi Kanu Will Be One Year In Prison By October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.