Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) (5277 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) / MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by profoslan(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Goodday,

I purchased a 32GB SanDisk memory card on jumia‎ with order number 306153747. I transferred all my files from my previous memory card to the newly purchased card, I was surprised when I can only access 4GB of the transferred data.

On probing further I looked closely on the pack of memory card and I discovered that  it was actually  4GB covered by the 32GiG sticker‎. I lost valuable data that I have collected over the years. 

Jumia as a reputable company should desist from misleading the public.

Note: this particular memory card sold by home Essentials[b][/b] on jumia

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2015
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by wonderkid619(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2015
well, it was not jumia that sold it to you. you only bot it via jumia. contact the seller naa

9 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by BALLOSKI: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2015
Sue them.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2015
Not my business
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2015
wonderkid619:
well, it was not jumia that sold it to you. you only bot it via jumia. contact the seller naa
what are u saying?? undecided

10 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by pators(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2015
don't buy accessories from jumia ....they are all fake trust me ..it's fake and I want any jumia agent to bold up and tell me I'm lying

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Zaikon(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2015
wonderkid619:
tru

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Osyxcel(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2015
OP, I think you bought the MMC from a seller on Jumia. Why don't you contact the seller, and if he's unresponsive, contact Jumia Service agents.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by ewizard1: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2015
Sue Jumia, they'll get the seller. The fact that you BOUGHT IT ON JUMIA makes them your own seller.
Firstly read their TOC to see if you'll be right doing that.
Did you get the item delivered from Jumia or the Real Seller. I guess it from Jumia so they should answer the query.

3 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by jazinogold(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2015
jumia kor lumia ni!
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Na today?
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2015
Na today
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by augster(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2015
Jumia is an online store where many sellers also sell their products. You were not scammed by JUmia but you were scammed by a seller on Jumia since the sdcard is not sold by Jumiia. So change the topic. Stop tagging these online stores "scammers"

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Mutuwa(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2015
augster:
Jumia is an online store where many sellers also sell their products. You were not scammed by JUmia but you were scammed by a seller on Jumia since the sdcard is not sold by Jumiia. So change the topic. Stop tagging these online stores "scammers"

I had been shopping with jumia since 2012 when they wer kasuwa.com,and up and till now,I have never been irritated by any of the merchandise I purchased.
However with their expansion to accomodate other sellers,jumia should be soley responsible for their actions,since u made the purchase via them and not tru anyone.
He should try sending them a discontentment email,and possibly fill out the return policy form,and have it sent back.I also suggest he does it on time,to avoid laches.

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by damcqute(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2015
lol. same thing happened to me months ago. I gave the seller a bad review and jumia also refunded my money. but since then, the number of sellers of this fake 32 gb memory cards have tripled. Cos of the attractive price of just over 1000 naira, i bought it then to test it. The 1st one i bought actually works well and is full 32gb. So, i made more orders for my friends who were interested. everything, fake!!!!!!! So i asked for a retrieval and refund.

I have no problems with jumia. You as a buyer just have to shine your eyes. Its the sellers (other stores) on jumia that sell fake. If you want a good memory card, stay away from sandisk and advance (unless you are sure they are sold by JUMIA). JUMIA by themself sell brands such as TEAM and TRANSCEND. these are the brands you can trust. Just more expensive.

But really, Jumia needs to ban such items on their site for their own good.

For anyone interested, you can get a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus 32GB - Gold Platinum at a Discounted price of N169,060 only.
This is the latest and sleekest of the Samsung Galaxy series. It comes with a 5.7 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED [/b]capacitive touchscreen. The screen is made of Corning Gorilla glass 4.
The S6 edge plus sports a rear camera having[b] 16 megapixels
of HD quality and an LED flash and the secondary camera having 5 megapixels with HDR capabilities as well. It comes with 32GB [/b]internal memory and a[b] 4.096GB RAM to accommodate all the your important files and applications.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus 32GB - Gold Platinum makes use of the Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. It runs on both 8-core, 2100 MHz, ARM Cortex-A57 and ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit processors that makes it respond very quickly without freezing.

It has a 3000mAh battery to enable your phone stay on for a longer time. It comes in gold platinum colour that is very appealing to the eyes.

It costs N169,060, for now (save over 10k) and comes with a full 1 year warranty. It can be delivered anywhere Nationwide and you get to pay on delivery.
For more info Call/whatsapp 08130146686

If you need any other SAMSUNG phone, or other brands such as HTC, INFINIX, LG, HUAWEI, INNJOO, NOKIA, feel free to holla. Call/whatsapp 08130146686 or mail me [email]admin@qbizlinx.com[/email]

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by CharlyNick: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2015
profoslan:
Goodday,

I purchased a 32GB SanDisk memory card on jumia‎ with order number 306153747. I transferred all my files from my previous memory card to the newly purchased card, I was surprised when I can only access 4GB of the transferred data.

On probing further I looked closely on the pack of memory card and I discovered that it was actually 4GB covered by the 32GiG sticker‎. I lost valuable data that I have collected over the years.

Jumia as a reputable company should desist from misleading the public.

Note: this particular memory card sold by home Essentials[b][/b] on jumia

Its not Jumia. It is the Seller/shop owner that sold it to you and it might amaze you to know that Jumia has no knowledge about this.

But if you call their Attention (Jumia) to this with Facts, the store will be shut down and the owner barred.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by dayowunmi(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2015
Since u bought it from Jumia regardless of who the seller was/is, Jumia is an accessory to the crime. Covering 4gb with 32gb sticker is obviously a fraud, a deliberate one at that. Contact jumia and let them know, u probably will let it slide cos its just mere memory card, and getting a lawyer costs money, otherwise na million naira suit be this. If this kind thing happen for developed nation, baba, u don hammer.

3 Likes

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by AlikoDangote1: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2015
How much make I refund u
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by wolero7(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2015
AlikoDangote1:
U're stupid idiot
what is the Capacity not the Label
it is still 32G cap
na hidden Label u wan chop

If this was an exam, you will fail woefully. Read carefully what the op wrote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by khalhokage(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2015
Jumia has a return policy, return it.
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by ThisMeansWAR: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2015
actually, memory card these days is just luck...

I bought 16gb last week for 1000naira and i saw 32gb inside... And its working perfectly... The label on it states 16gb o
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by AlikoDangote1: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2015
wolero7:

If this was an exam, you will fail woefully. Read carefully what the op wrote.
Am a PHD holder now
I don't do exam Anymore
so Can't Fail exam again
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by sureteeboy(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2015
AlikoDangote1:
U're stupid idiot
what is the Capacity not the Label
it is still 32G cap
na hidden Label u wan chop
... And who is this dude? I'm pretty sure your English teachers never taught you comprehension in pry and secondary school.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by sureteeboy(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
actually, memory card these days is just luck...

I bought 16gb last week for 1000naira and i saw 32gb inside... And its working perfectly... The label on it states 16gb o
Have you used up to 17gb? If not, it might just be an expanded 16gb. I bought a 32gb sdcard on Jumia once. But it was just an expanded 4gb. I return am sharp sharp
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by AlikoDangote1: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2015
ATleast I don get money sha
My Engish gud no Good
I bought my PHD with Money
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2015
I bought a 16gb SD card for 1800 on Jumia, I transferred all my files only to find out that the files always delete from the SD card on checking it. I tried and formatted it many times to no avail.
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by ThisMeansWAR: 11:52am On Oct 21, 2015
sureteeboy:
Have you used up to 17gb? If not, it might just be an expanded 16gb. I bought a 32gb sdcard on Jumia once. But it was just an expanded 4gb. I return am sharp sharp
yeah I have used 25gb ..

I didn't buy from junia though ... I bought it from those guys that sell casing, charger and stuff ..

I keep losing files on phone so I changed it to laptop and it has been working perfectly since then ...

1 Like

Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by LeonMacJames(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
ojukokoro, is the cause of this, I bought my 16gb SD card, from jumia at 2500, and it is working perfectly, you guys should know that online stores are different from physical stores, cos when I decided to expand to 32gb, I saw 32gb for 5k, 4k, 4k5, 3500,3000, instead and due to cash shortage I bought the one of 2300, not it is damaged beyond recognition. this is not jumia fault, what you should do is to find the seller of the members card you bought, and contact jumia, tell them ur situation, ask for a refund and persuade them to penalize the seller
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by drss(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
I just won N1,000 voucher from Jumai. Can i use it to shop on jumia website?
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by wonderkid619(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
what are u saying?? undecided
there is a link for you to contact the seller. click on that link and send a mail to the seller but that is not a guarantee that you'll get a new one oo. just saying
Re: JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) by oginnite(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
I bought 32gb sandisk memory card from, but its fake. I will advice everyone not to buy any sandisk with discounted price. I will advice u go for TEAM or ADVANCED

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Phone Thread - Solution To All Tecno Phone Problems / Gsm Ergonomology -free Online Gsm Tutorial / Check Out Infinix Hot 4 Pro Version With 4G LTE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.