Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

See Something, Say Something! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See Something, Say Something! (750 Views)

Let Somebody Say Something Nice About Our Gallant Sars Men ....them The Try Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Something, Say Something! by bigeagleeye(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2015
I have heard quite a number of mantras between year 1999 and this year 2015...for those who were forced to go back and check their dictionary then, you will remember NASCENT democracy which became an household grammar back then..everything became nascent, my new born brother became nascent baby! smiley Then we moved to another one 7POINT AGENDA...governors followed suit, I think Fashola had 13 of his own and so on! After that, it was TRANSFORMATION, agencies of government will say..in line with the transformation agenda of Mr. President.
This era is the era of CHANGE, a name that some religious houses now use in virtually all their programs.. YOUR CHANGE IS HERE, OH LORD CHANGE MY LOCATION etc.
The most vital, cogent and fundamentally germane yet unpopular of them all for me however is the SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING mantra.
Social vices like kidnapping, rape, robbery, pipeline vandalism, internet fraud and the mother of them all in Nigeria now is insurgency are just on the increase every day! Have you ever imagined that these evils ravaging our dear nation is not perpetrated by angels? They are done by human beings, some young, some old, some schooled, some unschooled, men, women and children alike! The amazing thing is that these people leave with us, they are around us, they are neighbors to some others who are not part of the evil but will simply not wish to SEE SOMETHING AND SAY SOMETHING!!! Some out of fear, out of sheer nonchalant attitude, out of ignorance, insensitivity and of course some others out of delusion of vengeance against the nation state or selfish reasons have over time left important things they saw 'unsaid'!
That Boko haram guy, d rapist, d pipeline vandal, that kidnapper didn't fall from d skies, he grew through ages, he was with some people..parents, siblings, relatives or least neighbors. If it is true that attitudes grow with their owners, it then means all these tendencies were there with these evil perpetrators but people around them refuse to say something or they didn't say them enough!
All hope is not lost, we can still rise again as a Nation. Our society can still be safe again. Values that make and not mar us can still find their way back into our communities...all we need is a clear picture of the veracity and the cogency of Nigeria's nascent number one transformational change unpopular mantra of SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
As an internet addict, if you SEE a guy trying to play smart on others through the spread of falsehood in the name of job opportunity, visa support, promos, etc..you owe your generation the responsibility of ensuring you SAY it...in my parlance they say, let's together in one voice condemn a thief and not just say the owner was careless! Some victims are gullible frauds themselves but then there are still some innocent ignoramuses, for the sake of the latter therefore, we must ensure we say something whenever we see something!
Let's make the internet a safe, ingenious, profitable and creative place to live, school, do business and grow our children...let's frustrate, flush out and fish out evil dwellers from here, in this 21st Century and even in ages to come, there is no place else that we can call HOME other than the clouds..THE INTERNET!
SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!

Re: See Something, Say Something! by Beesluv: 8:47am On Oct 21, 2015
something

1 Like

Re: See Something, Say Something! by bigeagleeye(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2015
Beesluv:
something

That's a good start! Good job! wink
Re: See Something, Say Something! by donjon: 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
nice 1
Re: See Something, Say Something! by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Yes .. Makes a lot of sense
Oya remove those cuties pictures..
They saw nothing and so they will say nothing
Re: See Something, Say Something! by bigeagleeye(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
favoured234:
Yes .. Makes a lot of sense
Oya remove those cuties pictures..
They saw nothing and so they will say nothing

Smiles!
Have a second look at the younger babe telling the older one what she saw..
That's the irony, when we were all young..whenever we see something, we say something!

(1) (Reply)

(graphics)traders Want Ambode To Wade Into Ile-epo Market Mayhem / Senior Pastor With A Popular Church Jailed Over Sexual Conduct With Minor(pix) / Heaven Heard My Call - Samuel Okonta, Rest In Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.