Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Gun Control - Be Warned! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gun Control - Be Warned! (887 Views)

Photos Of Barack Obama Crying During Gun Control Announcement / Boy Carrying Toy Gun Killed By Police / Sister Of Sandy-hook Victim Gun-control Plea To Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Control - Be Warned! by xTheorist(m): 1:14am On May 02, 2009
President Obama is moving deliberately to grab influence and he is doing it with gun laws. This move will stoke the fires and infuriate NRA and Republicans to great lengths. The battle will elevate his Presidential weight tremendously.

If you never owned a gun I encourage you to go get a handgun before laws are modified. If you already have a handgun, then you should add a rifle or a shotgun to your arsenal. You will soon find out why this is important.
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by TOYOSI20(f): 4:31am On May 02, 2009
I certainly hope this propaganda works. . . .cos in the past such moves have been made. . . . .

sometimes, they even ask folks to turn in fire arms to get monetary compensations, and according to reports several of 'em were turned in,

but still the whole crime rate has just sky rocketed. . . .esp. with the whole economy melt down mayhem!!

Drive by shootings. . . .

Kids killing kids. . . . .

Mishandling of fire arms in home. . . .~several cases, were reported last year~ sad sad

. . . . .Having said that, i feel like stiffer penalties should be given to those that do not heed!!

its a good move overall!
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by ElRazur: 8:40am On May 02, 2009
@X theorist. Posting a news link would be nice. smiley

I heard this briefly in the news the other day. While, I do not know the full details - was half asleep watching it - I am interested as to how he would achieve this, bearing in mind that Gun ownership is one of the fundamentals of America's constitution.

If memory serves me right, I think his plans have lead to a boom in gun sales and ownership. If this is true, it is counter productive. Whether it would be so in the long run remains to be seen.
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by xTheorist(m): 4:10am On May 03, 2009
ElRazur, what good would a news link do? All you have to do is go online and search under the topic and you will get many results, you pick in order of priority and get the information you need. Ok?
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by bawomolo(m): 6:10am On May 03, 2009
folks in the south have been buying more guns. White southerners are just plain paranoid. Gun Laws to me should be left to the states to decide.
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by ElRazur: 8:47am On May 03, 2009
x_Theorist:

ElRazur,  what good would a news link do?  All you have to do is go online and search under the topic and you will get many results, you pick in order of priority and get the information you need.  Ok?

Quit acting like a pleb for god's sake. Your post wasn't only your opinion and hence it would be nice if you supported it with a news link. How hard is that? How many people read a thread and actively go searching the news that goes with it? Jesus flipping wept.

bawomolo:

folks in the south have been buying more guns. White southerners are just plain paranoid. Gun Laws to me should be left to the states to decide.

I guess that was what I saw half asleep in the news. I really do not know how Obama will pull this one off though. Is it possible to make an amendment to the founding constitutions of America? I am talking about "The right to bear arm"? I suppose technically it may be possible. However, there will be oppositions from the usual suspects.
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by xTheorist(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2009
I come here to discuss views and debate opinions. News reports contain varieties of views. If i do a search on the topic "waterboarding is torture", there are plenty of results. Which one should I bring you, the one that agrees with my opinion or the one that conflicts with it? Instead of linking, I leave that aspect open for the individual to make their own choice. After that then we can converge here and debate the topic, not the news. I don't believe in debating news, debate subject.
Re: Gun Control - Be Warned! by xTheorist(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2009
correction on tail end

>>> I debate subject <<<<

(1) (Reply)

What Must Have Been Going On In Barak Obama's Head In This Pic? / Most Dishonest Man In Britain: Church Leader Charged £4,000 A Time To Smuggle / American Extremist Groups Commit The Most Terror Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.