Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. (33017 Views)

Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / HELP: My Android Phone Performance Is Very Slow, What Should I Do? / Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Tallesty1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
Performance issues have been plaguing Android smartphones and tablets for a long time now.

These performance problems ranges from using up too much CPU, eating up too much storage space, or draining your battery faster than you can charge.

Still yet, there are Android apps that kill phone perfomance.

Security firm AVG has just revealed which apps are guilty of those crimes for this year’s second quarter and the results are rather surprising.

Some of the data revealed Chrome’s voracious appetite for your storage space, even on desktops. Of course, other apps like Facebook, now joined by its Facebook Pages Manager, and Google Play Services made the list too but No1 will surprise you.

You probably wouldn’t expect it, but Snapchat is at the very top of that list of Android apps that kill phone perfomance.

AVG says that its simultaneous use of the camera, Wi-Fi/cellular data, and GPS, all at the same time, means that its effects on your phone are long lasting.

It manages to even displace Facebook as the top performance killer on Android.

Another app that surprisingly made the list is Tumbler who is noted to consume the most data consumption, greater than even Netflix and Spotify combined.

AVG didn’t explain why the social network incurs the highest traffic despite the relatively lower level content that is viewed in the app.

AVG said in the report that it isn’t trying to scare off Android users, rather It’s meant to arm users with knowledge on which apps to avoid like the plague.

The bad news however is that their presence on AVG’s top 10 list implies that these apps are also the most used and most wanted, leaving users in a conundrum.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/top-ten-andriod-apps-that-kill-phone-perfomance/

3 Likes

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by kossyablaze(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
AVG itself na scam
FTC Dedicated to all Man Utd fans on NL...Victory is ours 2nyt

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
AVG itself is the number 1 killer!

seen
[size=38pt]next[/size]

20 Likes

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by hatux: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok AVG!
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by asumo12: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by aaamos(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
k
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by soribe84: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
D
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by ENTROVERT(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
with my BRYTE Tablet my activities and performance is still excellent.. i love BRYTE TABLETS grin

1 Like

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by RichDad1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Wetin concerns me with Virus or Antivirus? undecided

#TeamiPhone coolcool

3 Likes

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by xender(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
abeg lemme hear word ..!

1 Like

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by ladyF(f): 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nairaland Is not on the list hehehe.....My MB is safe.

#My#Opinion grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by damiloladuke: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
cool

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST ON NAIRALAND ON HOW BLOGGING IS CHANGIN MY LIFE

https://www.nairaland.com/2679830/say-blogging-does-not-pay
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by ITbomb(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by activefibre1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
i wonder wen me sef go change to dey use android. Symbian nokia, since God knws wen...i think am waiting for sometin spectacular or waiting for a better nokia product.
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by oathman(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
AVG sef na phone crasher
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by geniusmedia: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jd
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by KINGHAFI(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
you see, the thing is = YOU CANT STOP ME FROM USING FACEBOOK. thank you
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by kushma(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
avg don't know what to say abeg he can someone use android fine without those important app mentioned their
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by ayindepremier: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Who or what is AVG abeg, I never heard of it before!

seems, everyone in this world are now embracing nature and turning to passive vegetarian (I mean Igbo)

an average teen can't do without half of this apps!

1 Like

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Deesick7(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Facebook is the most useless. It's always making my phone lag. Jst deleted the stupid shit
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Chibyko(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Am thinking of getting Bryte Ipair bt pls hw is d performance and battery life span of Bryte products?
ENTROVERT:
with my BRYTE Tablet my activities and performance is still excellent.. i love BRYTE TABLETS grin

1 Like

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by condralbede(m): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Noted......so make we uninstalled them ba
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by fawasus: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
The virus almost destroy my phone, thanks 2 CM security.
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by goshen26: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
ladyF:
Nairaland Is not on the list hehehe.....My MB data is safe.

#My#Opinion grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Seculent: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na this one them they call "ole mu ole".
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
thought he said Ten ?
Re: AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. by jbinmyownworld(m): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na 6 I see oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

HTC One M9 Unveiled Officially / Will NCC Block The Lines Of Non Nigerians Without NIN? / Is This the King of Budget Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.