Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Long Will I Pray! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Will I Pray! (1230 Views)

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Will I Pray! by Gracelilian(f): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
smileyFor a very long time now,i have being praying for a particular prayer request,yet .....
Dost that mean i dont know how to pray or what?
I need a help.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Hero10001: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
It's best to let go of that thing bro, it may kill you if you have it.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by kevoh(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
smiley smiley
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by elantraceey(f): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Do you actually believe your prayers are being answered the moment you pray? There's a difference between hope and believe.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by goodshepherd123(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
In the process of asking from God there are things you must note as a matured believer. First and foremost you must be patient with him , he is the king of kings so wait for as long as possible.
Secondly ask or pray in faith , you must believe that he has answered your prayers also you might need to humble yourself through fasting.
Learn how to give to the needy in the society and to genuine men of God as you give to the orphans, he will also have mercy on you.
Then look for scriptures that are relevant to your need according to John 15vs 7.
Lastly ask according to his will and purpose for your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Paulscholari(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Gracelilian:
smileyFor a very long time now,i have being praying for a particular prayer request,yet .....
I need a help.
ok praying and waiting on God may takes time and patient but gettin it quick from God also need drastic approach, so how can i help you?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by esere826: 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Gracelilian:
I need a help.
ask the HOLy Spirit for a word about your prayer. He,ll give it to you. When you receive the word, I really don't know how you should use it. Soome suggest you then continuously confess it, others suggest you simply beelieve it

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 22, 2015
Gracelilian:
I need a help.
do you have access to today's edition of open heavens devotional? if you do, it has answers to your question and if you don't let me know if and how you want me to send it. God bless.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by TheEvilPriest(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pray without season, saith the holy word of God

1 Like

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by tpiander: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
what is the prayer request?
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
TheEvilPriest:
Pray without season, saith the holy word of God
I hope the Holy Word of God can improve your english.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gracelilian:
I need a help.
You know how to pray. God just doesn't know how to answer.
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
elantraceey:
Do you actually believe your prayers are being answered the moment you pray? There's a difference between hope and believe.
Lol. The crap I read on this site sometimes is astounding.
How can you 'believe' your prayers are being answered the moment you pray? Wouldn't that imply that you somehow 'know' the prayers are part of God's plan?

1 Like

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
esere826:
ask the HOLy Spirit for a word about your prayer. He,ll give it to you. When you receive the word, I really don't know how you should use it. Soome suggest you then continuously confess it, others suggest you simply beelieve it
So there is no method to this madness called faith?

No ropes to learn, just make a wish and maybe the big Skydaddy up above the clouds will grant them. Maybe he favors those who pray on Wednesdays?

Recent scientific research by Christians scientists in the city of Umig, Htbec Razy region, found out that prayers performed during the early hours of the morning statistically receive more answers. This, the scientists discovered, might be due to the polar position of the East-West Coordinate above the equatorial regions of Bulls Hit Island. At these times, this polar position is symmetrically aligned to the eternal radians of the Heavens, as revealed in the Book of Revelations.

1 Like

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by trapQ: 3:23am On Oct 23, 2015
OP... you have to follow these steps

1. Before you pray, sing songs of praises and thank God for all the things he already gave you.

2.Make sure you ask according to the will of GOD. If its not in his plan for your life, you won't get it.

3. Ask in faith. Believe even when everything seems to be going in the opposite direction.

4. Give. The best way to receive is to give.

5.Ask diligently and meditate on scriptures like matthew 7:7.

6:pray for the forgiveness of sins(our sins can sometimes stand btw us and our breakthroughs)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by frank317: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2015
Lol... Why do I have a feeling that u are praying for husband.

Well, think prayer is only answered when u work towards what u want to achieve. The reality is that we can only work hard and leave the rest. The sadder reality is that there is no sky daddy who answers any prayer.

But no vexooo. These Christians, una no de use una brain? U guys see an obvious fact and still want to continue pretending and living in self deciet.

Even the replies above proves that everyone is doing a guess work on this prayer thingy.

All these trial and error advice... Una no de tire?

Pray with faith: e no work

Have patience: ti ti lai lai

Give for praying: u go tire

Sing song before praying: duh... So?

Ask diligently: no I was asking like a mad man.

Go and read open heavens: seriously? The bible is not enough again?

There is difference between hope and believe: looooool!!
Pray for forgiveness OF SIN: now I am a sinner?

Hmmmm
And no one even asked her to work harder to achieve her goal... Everyone is waiting for magic. Seriously Nigeria is in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by fabre4: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2015
Gracelilian:
I need a help.

Three things are important for your prayer to be answered
One: make sure you are holy(righteous)
Two: you must have faith in God
Three: it must be in line with the word and will of God

2 Likes

Re: How Long Will I Pray! by TheEvilPriest(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I hope the Holy Word of God can improve your english.
I'm happy you spelled God Holy and Word in the uppercase. There's still hope for your soul, son
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by CAPSLOCKED: 5:22pm On May 29, 2018
trapQ:
OP... you have to follow these steps

1. Before you pray, sing songs of praises and thank God for all the things he already gave you.

2.Make sure you ask according to the will of GOD. If its not in his plan for your life, you won't get it.

3. Ask in faith. Believe even when everything seems to be going in the opposite direction.

4. Give. The best way to receive is to give.

5.Ask diligently and meditate on scriptures like matthew 7:7.

6:pray for the forgiveness of sins(our sins can sometimes stand btw us and our breakthroughs)

SO WHY BOTHER AT ALL IF THERE'S ALREADY A PLAN FOR YOU?

PRAYING IS AN ACT OF DOUBT, NOT FAITH. CUS IF YOU BELIEVED IN HIS PLAN THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY NEED TO CONSTANTLY ASK FOR THINGS OR REMIND JESUS OF WHAT TO DO. undecided
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by marttol: 7:49pm On May 29, 2018
frank317:
Lol... Why do I have a feeling that u are praying for husband.

Well, think prayer is only answered when u work towards what u want to achieve. The reality is that we can only work hard and leave the rest. The sadder reality is that there is no sky daddy who answers any prayer.

But no vexooo. These Christians, una no de use una brain? U guys see an obvious fact and still want to continue pretending and living in self deciet.

Even the replies above proves that everyone is doing a guess work on this prayer thingy.

All these trial and error advice... Una no de tire?

Pray with faith: e no work

Have patience: ti ti lai lai

Give for praying: u go tire

Sing song before praying: duh... So?

Ask diligently: no I was asking like a mad man.

Go and read open heavens: seriously? The bible is not enough again?

There is difference between hope and believe: looooool!!
Pray for forgiveness OF SIN: now I am a sinner?

Hmmmm
And no one even asked her to work harder to achieve her goal... Everyone is waiting for magic. Seriously Nigeria is in trouble.
slowpoke, listen attentively and listen well, God saith the heaven is his and earth he has given to the son of men...he dwells in heaven and earth simultaneously... He is a mystery you can't comprehend... When you visit a prophet and he started revealing deep secrets to you like even mentioning the date something bad happened to you, you will be surprised, you will seem to know that someone was speaking to him, who could that be like, is it your father...

ONLY PEOPLE WHO WISH THERE IS NO GOD SAYS THERE IS NO GOD... COS OF THE EVIL THEY WANNA GET AWAY WITH
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Feb 24
Gracelilian:
smileyFor a very long time now,i have being praying for a particular prayer request,yet ..... Dost that mean i dont know how to pray or what? I need a help.
Due to the cherry-picking ritual that is the religion of Christianity with its over 47,000 different cults denominations trading differents of lies doctrines and traditions of men, so many have been rendered blind and unable to see even that which is right in front of them in the book that is Scripture. A very sad way to live indeed. And made worse by the fact that so many go as far as to tell lies which they then convince themselves to somehow help God's image although God made abundantly clear in His Scripture that ALL LIES ARE AGAINST HIM. undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness so that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the only path to God and His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, so that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided
Re: How Long Will I Pray! by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Feb 28
elantraceey:
God of Israel and Jesus Christ said the prayers of the unrighteous are not answered by Him. It does not matter how long you pray, whether you hope or "believe", so long as one is unrighteous, He does not answer prayers. Instead, He pours out His mercy at what may seem random to us on all of mankind, including those who hate Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy For Nigeria 2016 / The Ancestral Serpent. / Interpret Matt : 16 V 18 For Me Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.