Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment (1418 Views)

Sagay Blasts Fayose: He Is An Irresponsible Clown, An Embarrassment To Nigeria / Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Rossikk(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
AIT, Channels TV, TVC News, et al.....Please, When will you dunces stop embarrassing Nigeria with your newscasters' outrageously fake foreign accents? You see a young lady who has clearly never left the shores of this country trying to sound like an American. Nigeria becomes "Nahjerra" and such nonsense. Why? Please stop disgracing us with this fake accent business. Trust me, it is VERY EASY to tell when the fake accent is employed by your news readers. They DON'T sound better. They sound STUPI.D. They make us cringe in embarrassment at their blatant fakery. So please stop it. If you must have someone that sounds foreign, since you suffer from inferiority complex, then get a Nigerian born and bred in one of those countries you wish to sound like, to read your news. Then no need for fakery. Please...we're begging....Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by iliyande(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
grin grin grin I wonder ooo. government should introduce pidgin as Nigeria English in our schools cheesy
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Lordave: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
Those guys irritate me no be small.

How can a Nigerian Newscaster not be able to pronounce Nigerian names properly, especially Igbo names.

There's this lady that co anchored that Fund Raising for Boko Haram victims. That lady was a disgrace to Nigeria, dunno whether she intentionally kept mis pronouncing Igbo names or she didn't know what she was doing.
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by InsaneTamie(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
If you think Television stations own is bad, just listen to Lagos radio stations. You'll lose hope. lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by tpiander: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
sound clip?
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Rossikk(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
Lordave:
Those guys irritate me no be small.

How can a Nigerian Newscaster not be able to pronounce Nigerian names properly, especially Igbo names.

There's this lady that co anchored that Fund Raising for Boko Haram victims. That lady was a disgrace to Nigeria, dunno whether she intentionally kept mis pronouncing Igbo names or she didn't know what she was doing.
She knew exactly what she was doing, ie trying to sound as un-Nigerian as possible. Sick people.
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by gabe15(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
Try Lagos radio stations
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Rossikk(m): 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:
sound clip?
Just go on youtube, and you'll get your fill. Try Channels TV there. There's this newscaster guy who wears glasses, and he is just a disgrace. Clearly faking it. Funny thing is he actually seems to think he sounds great, not knowing he sounds absolutely pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Lordave: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Rossikk:
She knew exactly what she was doing, ie trying to sound as un-Nigerian as possible. Sick people.
I switched off the television that night.
You're right, I knew she was doing it intentionally and I found it condescending on the Igbo ethnic group cos it was our names she mostly mis-pronounced.

I said to myself, how can this retard be forming Harvard graduate in front of people that can change her life for good or bad?

For her to co anchor a convention of that magnitude, she ought to have studied and be conversant with the names of people she was going to call to the podium. Her co anchor was good, very good.
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2016
Rossikk:
AIT, Channels TV, TVC News, et al.....Please, When will you dunces stop embarrassing Nigeria with your newscasters' outrageously fake foreign accents? You see a young lady who has clearly never left the shores of this country trying to sound like an American. Nigeria becomes "Nahjerra" and such nonsense. Why? Please stop disgracing us with this fake accent business. Trust me, it is VERY EASY to tell when the fake accent is employed by your news readers. They DON'T sound better. They sound STUPI.D. They make us cringe in embarrassment at their blatant fakery. So please stop it. If you must have someone that sounds foreign, since you suffer from inferiority complex, then get a Nigerian born and bred in one of those countries you wish to sound like, to read your news. Then no need for fakery. Please...we're begging....Tufiakwa.

I feel you my brother, especially with the nahjeria. I thought I was the only one seeing it.
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by coolscott(m): 1:59am On Sep 10, 2016
Their employers require them to do that smiley
Re: Nigerian Newscasters And Their Fake Accents are an Embarrassment by demolinka(m): 2:48am On Sep 10, 2016
Some of the broadcasters often seem ashamed to even pronounce local names and areas! But what d'you expect, most of them don't do simple research about these things. One on NTA (NTA?!!) pronounced François Hollande (French president) as Frankoys holandie!!! I fear fear o

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know That Rotimi Amechi's Wife Is From Anambra? / The Jigawa State Spokesman Says Oil In Bayalsa Belongs To Jegawa State..video / I’ll Secure Victory At The Tribunal — Wada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.