Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts (1273 Views)

Confirm Amaechi And Lose Our Support, PDP Senators Warn Saraki / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / PHOTOS : Old Pics Of Amaechi And Wike Back Then (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by royallord1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Having considered the delimal between APC, amaechi and pdp.... its no longer news that amaechi hasnt been screened and his fate is hanging in the balance waiting on the decision of the house committee on ethics and priviledges..
alot of Nigerians has expressed their fear as regards the 21 days ultimatum stipulated by the constitution and this is the bane of my write up..
the constitution clearly spells this out in section 147 subsection 6... which states AN APPOINTMENT TO ANY OF THE OFFICES AFORESAID SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN MADE WHERE NO RETURN HAS BEEN RECIEVED FROM THE SENATE WITHIN TWENTY ONE WORKING DAYS OF THE RECIEPT OF NOMINATION BY THE SENATE...
Alot of persons have been confused and making speculation based on their own interpretation of the aforementioned constitution, they said 21days elaspes today, some have said with the exemption of saturday and sunday the due date is october 28..
well going by tradition, the nigerian senate seats for usually 3days a week and on rear occasion 4 days in a week going by this calculation the house of senate seats a minimum of 156days a year, with a minimum of 3 seating a weak, seating for 21days will spread across a maximum of 7weeks (which end is friday 13th november)... these are the 3 possible interpretation to this section

HERE MIGHT BE THE ALMIGHTY GAME PLAN FOR THE APC FOR AMAECHI....
The committee on ethics and priviledge might decide to seat out the report submission if the PDP CACUS do not agree on giving amaechi a fair hearing, considering the fact that the committee has continually eluded the presentation of her report on Amaechi.... postponing it from friday lastweek to tuesday and now to thursday.... this might be a way to delay the screening of Amaechi and possibly keep postponing it till the 21 Days has elapsed which might be november 13th... 17 days time.. or october 28th .... 7 days time
the apc will not dare throw Amaechi to the podium of firing squad and attack and risk exposing the presidency to uncontrollable attacks on reasons of his moral standing towards corruption..... unless pdp plays ball APC cant bring forth AMAECHI..
by this move; with the elapsing of the dead line AMAECHI AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES A MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC WHETHER THE PDP LIKE IT OR NOT..... how they achieve this is the secret they will guard jealously...
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Aromas: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Absolutely you're right, that is what the constitution says 21days ultimatum. Amaechi the Hero
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Alphaoscar: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
The constitution stated 21 working days and not national assembly sitting.

Even in the NA apart from the normal sitting most of them are still on duty on the so called free days attending to committee assignments.

1 Like

Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by royallord1(m): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Even in the NA apart from the normal sitting most of them are still on duty on the so called free days attending to committee assignments.
going by ur assertion in 7 days time.... amachi will be made a minister..... if d committee doesnt present a report
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by ricsman(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
Alphaoscar:

yeah I don't believe working days is the same thing as sitting or plenary days
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Alphaoscar: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
royallord1:

going by ur assertion in 7 days time.... amachi will be made a minister..... if d committee doesnt present a report

The committee's report is ready for submission and the content of that report will determine the next episode on the matter.

But going by the resolve of the APC caucus in the house to ensure that Amaechi is screened and confirm and the sympathetic stance of some few opposition Senators, I believe Amaechi will be screened before the stipulated 21 working days.
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by royallord1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Alphaoscar:

The committee's report is ready for submission and the content of that report will determine the next episode on the matter.

But going by the resolve of the APC caucus in the house to ensure that Amaechi is screened and confirm and the sympathetic stance of some few opposition Senators, I believe Amaechi will be screened before the stipulated 21 working days.
i realy doubt sir
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by meforyou1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
21 working days ends on Oct 30. By then Amaechi would have been rejected by Senate
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by lameda07: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
Let him be confirmed very quickly as my interest lies most on the payback drama that will commence in Rivers afterward.

It promises to be interesting Lol.

AmeachiAnAstuteDramatist#
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by meforyou1(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
royallord1:

list submitted on 30 Sept. Oct 1 was a public holiday. Working days are only Mon-Friday. 21 Working days from Oct 2 is 30 Oct
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by sammyj: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ameachi and PMB are currently the best chess players for now. Even the PDP combined together with Madam shepopotemus cannot stop them !!! shocked angry
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Alphaoscar: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
royallord1:

i realy doubt sir

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-committee-completes-report-on-amaechi-as-aishat-faces-opposition-from-sokoto-apc/115488.html

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/19/senate-ethics-committee-to-present-report-on-amaechi-on-tuesday/

The presentation the committee was first listed on the senate order paper yesterday but because Amaechi will not be screened yesterday ( reason for that best known to Saraki) the presentation of the report and Amaechi's name was later removed . The committee can only advice the senate leadership but the final decision will be taken on the floor.
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Jesusloveyou: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
meforyou1:
21 working days ends on Oct 30. By then Amaechi would have been rejected by Senate
how wil d rejection work, d voice vote wil be determined by saraki, that was how saraki save lai, if pdp are not ok with d voice vote, they can use electronic voting, which d majority apc wil have their way, that is why i always said from d beginning that nothing pdp can do to reject d lion of ubima,

1 Like

Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by royallord1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
how wil d rejection work, d voice vote wil be determined by saraki, that was how saraki save lai, if pdp are not ok with d voice vote, they can use electronic voting, which d majority apc wil have their way, that is why i always said from d beginning that nothing pdp can do to reject d lion of ubima,
hahaha...
Re: Apc, Amaechi And The 21 Days Ultimatum... My Thoughts by Alphaoscar: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
royallord1:

i realy doubt sir

Amaechi finally screened!

(1) (Reply)

'Jihadi John is dead / Revisiting PWC: Did Emir Sanusi Lie Against Diezani Madueke / Russia Says US Deployed 200 Nuclear Bombs In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.