Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Humility - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Humility (307 Views)

Humility, Master-key To Triumphant Living BY Bishop Abioye 2016 / The Obstacle To Humility / Humility Pays Greatly, See How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humility by goodshepherd123(m): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
Some time ago we heard a short address by a young preacher during which he quoted the following, "If you are too big for a little place, you are too little for a big place." It is an odd rule of the kingdom of God that when we try to get big, we always get smaller by the moment. Humility pleases God wherever it is found, and the humble person will have God for his or her friend and helper always. "...Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility,for "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." —1 Peter 5:5 Only the humble are completely sane, for they are the only ones who see clearly their own size and limitations. Egotists see things out of focus. To themselves they are large and God is correspondingly small, and that is a kind of moral insanity. "Lord, help me never to be too big for a little place. In humility let me serve and revel in You as my 'friend and helper always.' Amen." - Curled from Tozer on Christian leadership devotional.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 24th Of October 2015 / 25th Night Of Total Restoration. / Spiritual Digest For The Day 29th Of October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.