Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Prophecy And Relationships - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prophecy And Relationships (4320 Views)

A False Prophecy Forced Us To Marry, Now I Want A Divorce – Man Cries Out / Mariage And Relationships: Do Good People Really Breakup? / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophecy And Relationships by geekybabe(f): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hmm..
its a dicey one really. I think it all depends on your level of understanding of spiritual things.. and if yu really beleive.

Personally I have had to break 2 relationships because of similar reasons. for the first one, I was quite young and naive. I just left secondary school about to gain admission into Uni, and I was attending a Church like that. At some point hey were like we should go and break up all unholy and irrelevant relationships because we did not need them, and we needed to focus on getting admission. I had not evn kissed/ hugged the bf then, so i wouldnt evn call it unholy. We started sating from sec schl, and he was really smart. he pleaded and begged then, but i was asked not to answer. Its been 8 years now. Today he is a medical doctor and doing fine. Do i regret it, dunno.

The second was even more recent. we were besties for years before we started dating. At some point i started having confusing dreams about the rel. After a while, my pastor and mentor called me up and told me to go and break off if i was in any relationship. That I had to because it was costly for the future. I didnt get it. I was so in love and all..but then, I had to. the dreams, the warnings were being repeated. The months after the break up must have been the one of the most challenging for me emotionally Cos i really liked him, and he made so much impact in my life.

Do i regret my actions? Not exactly. Attimes we are looking at the present but dont know the future. But I do know that in the midst of multitude of godly counsel, there is safety.

Would I break up a third relationship for the same reasons? Well, Not without a fight. I have a better understanding of things spiritually now.

elantraceey:
That's the reason why we should know God for ourselves and train our spirit to hear His voice, prophets are just to confirm.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by sheblayze(f): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Onegai and Antiparticle; I just had to log in to like and share your posts.

Personally, I don't buy the idea of running around looking for prophecies.

I remember back then in secondary school, we wrote a scholarship exam. A friend of ours whom we knew would have aced it didn't write the exams. On inquiry as to why he missed it, he said 'My mum asked prophetess if I'll pass the exam, she said I won't. So, she didn't bother buying the form'

While in the university, I had these friends who made going to see a prophet a habit. One of them broke off her relationship due to the prophecy she got. Till today, she regrets that move she made as she says she is not compatible with her current guy.

Our mutual friend says it was the 'devil' that made her break up. Really? Devil or prophecy?

I asked this mutual friend a question, 'What if a prophet tells you to cancel your marriage when it's just weeks to your wedding?'

'I would cancel it!!' she was rather hasty in answering.

I asked her another question, 'What if a prophet says your mother is a witch and she's behind all your problems?'

Guess what she said, 'I'll fight that prophet!!' Oh yeah?

To me, it all doesn't make sense. I don't believe in 3rd party revelation. I keep saying this, if it's so important that I know something, 'God will communicate it to me personally, in a way I'll understand'

I just feel some people are too fanatical about Christianity. It gets really creepy atimes.

Got a prophecy from my boyfriend's acquaintance recently that we'll get married. Since then, we've had issues, so crazy that breakup is imminent. Well, I'm watching.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Acidosis(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
sheblayze:
Onegai and Antiparticle; I just had to log in to like and share your posts.

Personally, I don't buy the idea of running around looking for prophecies.

I remember back then in secondary school, we wrote a scholarship exam. A friend of ours whom we knew would have aced it didn't write the exams. On inquiry as to why he missed it, he said 'My mum asked prophetess if I'll pass the exam, she said I won't. So, she didn't bother buying the form'

While in the university, I had these friends who made going to see a prophet a habit. One of them broke off her relationship due to the prophecy she got. Till today, she regrets that move she made as she says she is not compatible with her current guy.

Our mutual friend says it was the 'devil' that made her break up. Really? Devil or prophecy?

I asked this mutual friend a question, 'What if a prophet tells you to cancel your marriage when it's just weeks to your wedding?'

'I would cancel it!!' she was rather hasty in answering.

I asked her another question, 'What if a prophet says your mother is a witch and she's behind all your problems?'

Guess what she said, 'I'll fight that prophet!!' Oh yeah?

To me, it all doesn't make sense. I don't believe in 3rd party revelation. I keep saying this, if it's so important that I know something, 'God will communicate it to me personally, in a way I'll understand'

I just feel some people are too fanatical about Christianity. It gets really creepy atimes.

Got a prophecy from my boyfriend's acquaintance recently that we'll get married. Since then, we've had issues, so crazy that breakup is imminent. Well, I'm watching.

Hi, its been 3 years, are you guys married now?
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Acidosis(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
geekybabe:
Hmm..
its a dicey one really. I think it all depends on your level of understanding of spiritual things.. and if yu really beleive.

Personally I have had to break 2 relationships because of similar reasons. for the first one, I was quite young and naive. I just left secondary school about to gain admission into Uni, and I was attending a Church like that. At some point hey were like we should go and break up all unholy and irrelevant relationships because we did not need them, and we needed to focus on getting admission. I had not evn kissed/ hugged the bf then, so i wouldnt evn call it unholy. We started sating from sec schl, and he was really smart. he pleaded and begged then, but i was asked not to answer. Its been 8 years now. Today he is a medical doctor and doing fine. Do i regret it, dunno.

The second was even more recent. we were besties for years before we started dating. At some point i started having confusing dreams about the rel. After a while, my pastor and mentor called me up and told me to go and break off if i was in any relationship. That I had to because it was costly for the future. I didnt get it. I was so in love and all..but then, I had to. the dreams, the warnings were being repeated. The months after the break up must have been the one of the most challenging for me emotionally Cos i really liked him, and he made so much impact in my life.

Do i regret my actions? Not exactly. Attimes we are looking at the present but dont know the future. But I do know that in the midst of multitude of godly counsel, there is safety.

Would I break up a third relationship for the same reasons? Well, Not without a fight. I have a better understanding of things spiritually now.

Hi dear, its been 3 years since you wrote this, do you regret your actions?
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hmmmmm... Mine was a total opposite of the yeye prophetic jargons! I feel like seeing the pastor and slapping him sef.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by geekybabe(f): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Acidosis:

Hi dear, its been 3 years since you wrote this, do you regret your actions?
Wow. Can't even remember this post. You refreshed my memory.
I don't regret my actions, looking back now, none of the relationships were meant to be.

Like I said, attimes we really can't see the future. But I'm grateful I let go at the time.
I'm in a happy place now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Acidosis(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
geekybabe:

Wow. Can't even remember this post. You refreshed my memory.
I don't regret my actions, looking back now, none of the relationships were meant to be.

Like I said, attimes we really can't see the future. But I'm grateful I let go at the time.
I'm in a happy place now.

Wow great!!
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Acidosis(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
yettymuse:
Hmmmmm... Mine was a total opposite of the yeye prophetic jargons! I feel like seeing the pastor and slapping him sef.

grin grin You can't be so sure, the future is tomorrow

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Father Backing His Child At Heathrow Airport, London / Am Heartbroken / How Do You Cope With Loneliness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.