Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day (13850 Views)

How Much Does The Average Nigerian Spend Yearly? / How Much Does Gtbank Exchange Naira For Dollar Using Naira Master Card Online? / What Business Idea Does An Entreprenuer Need In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Kellymann: 1:44pm On May 02, 2009
Who knows how much an average okada man in Lagos earns in a day?
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Chydoo: 8:39pm On May 02, 2009
Okada business is a good one

The problem is having the right structure

A structure that compensates the rider appropriately to keep him motivated

A structure that secures the owners investment in the venture

If u have answers to the problem
then u will grin

I think I have some answers,

'some'
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Kellymann: 8:46am On May 03, 2009
The structure u r talking about is what I actually picture. That's why I want to have an idea as to be able to determine what will motivate the rider while safeguarding the investment interest of the owner.

But u confuse me with ur conclusion again. If u have 'some' answers as u put it, kindly avail me with it. Who knows, it may even be useful to other nairalanders.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by PapaBrowne(m): 9:13am On May 03, 2009
I think it depends on the city they operate.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Kellymann: 11:22am On May 03, 2009
@PapaBrowne. Do u have rough estimates for different cities?
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Kellymann: 2:20pm On May 04, 2009
I'm still waiting for responses from all distinguished nairalanders. How much does an average okada man make in a day
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by fuke(m): 9:38am On Apr 26, 2010
I can confirm to you that an average okada man  nets
             more than #4000 in Lagos.

Mind you net, not gross.I know because i have researched
             it but if you ask them they will tell you otherwise.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by mikerich(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Okada riders in lagos most especially make
at least #4000 daily. Location i think is what matters.

this is my opinion though.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by asamuel: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2010
they make up to N3000 daily. Buy from www.kalahari.com.ng today
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by netmoney(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2010
N3000 is a nicer daily package than working for a 9 to 4 salary.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by hectorswag(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2010
there was this friend of mine that wanted to do some hire purchase on his new bike so he asked me to make the research for him

then i was based in lagos and frequent ikeja, ogba, ojota, palmgroove, berger and sometimes illupeju, so for like 2weeks of transporting with bike i got the chance to ask some of them how much they earned in a day

the okada man that frequents ogba to berger said he makes about #4000 in a day
the one routing btw berger and omole or olowoira said he makes about #3000 to #3500
@illupeju they make up to #5000
during one of my visits to the island i met one okada man along adeola adekun str who that said he makes about #6000 a day
but @ ojota i met one that told me he's making sometimes btw #3000 and #4000

i dunno if they are being sincere, but since i felt they had nothing to gain or lose either ways then theres probability that these reports are genuine,

hope this helps  smiley

by the way, my friend started the business alright but his bike got stolen and the guy he gave to be riding it packed away from his home, and till today he's nowhere to be found sad

so if your considering hire purchase make sure you trust and fully know who you are giving your okada to, or better still you ride your own bike yourself. wink
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by harakiri(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2010
If you aren't riding the okada yourself, you might as well forget it.Gone are the days when transportation was big business.In some areas, almost every home has investment in transportation biz e.g okada, local and interstate buses, trucks and so on.Riders and drivers are very greedy and wicked these days.The tales they will be telling you everyday will get your heart attack. Even with hire purchase, the rider/driver will be hustling to buy their own okada/bus/truck instead of hustling to pay up for yours and in less than 6 months, he has a bus on the road while yours is a wreck and he'll be giving you stories on top of that.In the end, he will finally tell you that he is running at a loss due to your "faulty" bus and you will be in a dilemma coz you haven't recovered your initial capital not to talk of profit.

Wicked people full everywhere.Shine your eyes well.Don't let sweet talk of "daily pay" fool you.

End of!

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Mruzoh1: 1:05pm On May 16, 2010
If you really would want to motivate a rider and safeguard your investment, I guess the best way to do that is by having a fixed amount to be returned each day or maybe weekly but not monthly because he might end up with stories.

To determine the amount to be returned you need a proper investigation from the route the rider will be operating.
If from your investigation you had N6,000 N5,000 N4,000 divide it by 3 which is 5k. Now you have to divide this amount in such a way that your share will not be much from his.
And note that once it has been agreed no doubt if he gets more than that or lesser.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by mrsage(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let us revive this topic.

I'm carrying out a research. This is 2016. If you have any current figures kindly let me know.

Also state the location

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Oluwawapelumi(m): 5:24am On Nov 26, 2016
mrsage:
Let us revive this topic.

I'm carrying out a research. This is 2016. If you have any current figures kindly let me know.

Also state the location

The location is Ibadan... Odo ona elewe ashipa axis.

Some said 700-1000 per day.

I think it's small considering ticket fees,fuel and the likes.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by odogwu190(m): 6:26am On Nov 26, 2016
Maybe 5million a week,we be okada man u no go go ask dem...
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by naijabetboy: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2017
odogwu190:
Maybe 5million a week,we be okada man u no go go ask dem...

This response compared to other responses above just shows how much Nairaland has changed in the last couple of years. Idi*ts everywhere

6 Likes

Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
naijabetboy:

This response compared to other responses above just shows how much Nairaland has changed in the last couple of years. Idi*ts everywhere
bros thats why i spend most of time on quora. Cos sometimes when i see the way some people will reply to a thread i will be so angry it will seem as if i am about to lose my sanity. i had to port to quora instead of going insane.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by kolnel: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
supergata:
bros thats why i spend most of time on quora. Cos sometimes when i see the way some people will reply to a thread i will be so angry it will seem as if i am about to lose my sanity. i had to port to quora instead of going insane.

I quite agree
Quora is cool
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Tobyshegz(m): 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
*spreads mat* make i dey read comments. ee fit dey useful
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by waladis(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
This is December 2018. Please any idea of how much Okada rider around Ikorodu area makes in a day. Thanks
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Gcool2(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2020
Oluwawapelumi:

I believe this is not correct..
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Ayokequeen(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2020
Oluwawapelumi:

This is for delivery. Okada riders make big money but they won't tell you the truth though the job is not so easy.
Re: How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day by Ayokequeen(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2020
I've been there, I can say categorically that okada riding pays though it's not easy. I've tried it several times to get the average ROI on a particular amount of fuel you buy and I found that any amount of fuel you buy, you will make 5x the amount i.e #300 fuel will make #1500. You can make more if you work in a congested area where you drop a passenger and pick another immediately without wasting fuel to search.

I can't really say how much they can make per day because I don't do full day. I only try it around evening after work between 6 and 9:30pm. I usually consume #300 fuel and I come back home with around #1500 gross. I do make 2k on Sunday within the same timeframe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience / Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.