Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days (3988 Views)

Nigerian Girl Whitens Her Teeth In Less Than Three Days!!! / See How To Whiten Your Teeth Within 2 Minutes Of Using This Home Remedy / Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days by yinkuscious(m): 8:46am On Oct 22, 2015
The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech.

As important as the teeth is to the mouth and body as a whole, there has been increasing worry over the health of the teeth. One of the major concerns of the teeth is the colour.
People with the yellow teeth constantly seek ways and methods to whiten the teeth but before this can be decided we have to know why they get yellow in the first place.
There are several factors that play a part, including genetics, what kind of food and drink you consume, and how well you practice oral hygiene

A tooth is made up of 4 tissues;

Enamel: The hardest, white outer part of the tooth. Enamel is mostly made of calcium phosphate, a rock-hard mineral.

Dentin: A layer underlying the enamel. Dentin is made of living cells, which secrete a hard mineral substance.
Pulp: The softer, living inner structure of teeth. Blood vessels and nerves run through the pulp of the teeth.

Cementum: A layer of connective tissue that binds the roots of the teeth firmly to the gums and jawbone.
Periodontal ligament: Tissue that helps hold the teeth tightly against the jaw

The enamel and dentin is what play the biggest role in colour. Certain food and drinks will directly stain the enamel, yes, but over time the two biggest culprits are the nasty food and drink that actually break down the enamel, and weakening enamel as we age. As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath.

Below is 3 natural remedy for a yellow teeth. These remedies will focus on whitening teeth that have already lost some white enamel

1. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Paste

Baking Soda, (Sodium bicarbonate) is mildly abrasive; gently scrubbing away surface stains to return teeth to a whiter shade. It’s also very alkaline so I would think if you have a very acidic mouth or eat a lot of acidic food, it could help balance out the Ph, which would be useful as acid breaks down enamel-this is strictly speculation on my part.

What you need

Teaspoonsful of baking soda

Lemon juice or water to form a paste

A toothbrush/ Cotton wool

How it works

Mix several teaspoons of baking soda with enough fresh lemon juice (or water) to make a paste. Wipe your teeth and any extra saliva off of them with a paper towel. Put a good amount of paste onto your toothbrush and apply. Leave the paste on for 1 minute, then rinse, so as to avoid the acid effecting enamel. If you are using just water you can leave it on for up to 3 minutes.

2. Strawberry, Salt and Baking Soda Scrub

Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, which can help break-down plaque that is causing your teeth to look yellow. It also has an enzyme called malic acid, which may help to remove surface stains. The salt acts as an abrasive portion of the paste, physically scrubbing away stain-causing gunk, and the baking soda is an extra touch that you can choose to leave out if you’d prefer (I just like to add it to anything involving my teeth.)

What you need

1-3 large strawberries

A pinch of salt

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

How it works
Mash the berries into a pulp, and add a pinch of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda, if you’re using it. Wipe any extra saliva off your teeth with a paper towel, and then apply a generous portion of the mixture to a toothbrush and apply. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then rinse. Do this nightly.

3.Coconut Oil Rinse

I know  It doesn’t sound like the most pleasant thing to do, but it actually does work if you don’t mind the taste, and  it make a difference in the color of your teethThe lauric acid in coconut oil can rid your teeth of bacteria found in plaque that can make them yellow. It is also supposed to promote gum health, and help keep your breath fresh.

What you need

A tablespoon of coconut oil

How it works
In the morning, before you brush your teeth, take a tablespoonful of coconut oil. Push, swish, and “pull” the oil through and around your teeth for 10-15 minutes, then spit it out, rinse with water, and brush your teeth.

Re: 3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days by edwardpaul: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Get shine white teeth is not any task but not impossible too! So don’t feel disappointed if have such teeth because this tough task is not that tough. Inspite of having great personality I suffered a lot with my yellow teeth, some of my friend have suggested me to use Alta white teeth whiteing kit and after using can see the change and now I have white shine teeth, so I think you must also try this.
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days by peterian: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lemon is so hard to find
Re: 3 Natural Ways To Whiten Your Teeth In 3 Days by Obdk: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
The best way to whiten teeth without seeing a dentist..

Its very cheap. Cost 800 naira...

Buy oral b whitening. Not just any oral b paste... Whitening. It cost 650..
Buy 50 naira charcoal. It will last u a lifetime.
Buy toothbrush. Smokers hard..

Grind the charcoal...

Every morning or night. Before u brush. Put half spoonful in ur mouth for about 10 minutes. U can keep it longer if u want. Then use the ground charcoal to brush. Then u use the oral b whitening paste....

This is how i got my teeth 5 shades whiter when i quit smoking... I still use it. The more i use the whiter my teeth get.

(1) (Reply)

Water Therapy - A Divine Health Tip From - Guess Who???? TB Joshua!!! / Cure For Typhoid / How To Make Hand Sanitizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.