Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

APC - PDP Two Sides Of The Same Coin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC - PDP Two Sides Of The Same Coin (387 Views)

EDO PDP: Two Governorship Candidates, One Party / REPORT | Fresh Crisis Brewing In PDP, Two Conventions To Hold On May 21st / Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC - PDP Two Sides Of The Same Coin by exx(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2015
Thinking back I can see why anyone would have voted buhari over Jonathan on 2015
I can also why goid reason why some people simply voted apc over pdp in last elections.
However in the present situation but all I can see now is that both parties are different sides of the same coin.
While Jonathan governmnet was castigated (rightfully) for weakness and a laid back attitude towards taking descisions on important matters and corruption, the present government seems to be toeing a different path however of seemingly high handedness and insensitivity.
I think that there is nothing wrong with buhari 's nominations in themselves. Looking closely there is no issue of religious intolerance as some people cry about. Some of his appointees are nothern Christians as not everyone from the north is Muslim. However therein lies the problem. Wether christian or Muslim the balance tips to far to the north. It becomes sadder still when a particular region has no representation in his 'kitchen cabinet'. This is insensitive and will not help the nigerian cause. I did not vote or want to vote buhari at the elections bit I want him to succeed. Succeeding means better economy for nigeria and jobs for us youths. However insensitivity to the sensitive nature of out federal character is not a good way to start. But a lot has been said about this already.
The party's, yes PDP and APC are to sides of the same coin. If I had wanted to join the APC initially because of the likes of Pastor Tunde Bakare or Pat Utomi I've changed my mind. Yes PDP was sick, destroyed not just the soul of this country but the economy of many states. However how much difference is APC going to be having the likes of Sylva as it's bayelsa candidate, or fighting tooth and nail for am ameachi a well known criminal (I stayed in PH so I can Speak) or kogi state APC candidate (kogi is just in trouble- between the devil and the deep blue sea) or the likes of shittu passing the Senate screening. It goes on and on but all I can say is both party's have no future for nigeria or nigeria youths.
So why the long talk, well it's because we have a voice. Instead of arguing for the party's or this present government, we should start strategaising for the future and next elections. By we I mean nigerian youths. I know I sound like a broken record but I have to. Barcanista, Beremx et al you guys can't but agree that we heading nowhere with the current state of either party's. Please lend your voices to something new and different. Some real for nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Anambra Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria / Facebook Video: This Is What Typical Sycophants / ‘obasanjo Is A Nuisance We Must Endure,’ – Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.