Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh (21673 Views)

Wladimir Klitschko's Retirement Was A "Massive" Disappointment - Anthony Joshua / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by ElFenomeno1: 11:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Soldier go, soldier come.... Oliseh ride on, we are behind you! cool

1 Like

Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by kingthreat(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2015
His retirement is a joy to me. When last did Emenike score a goal for Nigeria? With him, more calamity like Calamity Yobi. Without him, more opportunities gor younger, agile and willing stars to shine.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2015
In your eyes, Emenike looks like a 41 year old man? Go and look at pictures of 41 year old British footballers and compare. In Fact look at Tuface (40 years old) and comapre... infact look at Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson (43 years) and compare. Just because Nigerian footballers adjust their age does not mean they can overdo it... there is a limit to how much they can reduce their age. Emenike is NOT 41 years old.

Going by the same logic, Sunday Oliseh should be in his 60s by now because during Nations cup 2002 some guys were saying he is over 40 years old.

voltron:

...early!!!? let me see.. at age 32 the guy gets a Nigerian International Passport claiming a new age of 21.. he gets a club, plays for 4 years (now 36 years old) gets invited to play for Nigeria.. and he plays for 5 years (he is now 41 years old).. what do you think.. if he does not suddenly reture... HE WILL DIE ON THE PITCH grin grin grin
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by JDado: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2015
WELL THEIR LEADER DON BOW OUT WHY E NO GO FOLLOW.........OLISEH STARTED THE MAFIA....THEY SAY KARMA IS A BIACH!!!!!!

CHECK FOR EUROPA AND OTHER MATCH PREDICTIONS HERE [url]picknstake.com[/url]
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Abbycite(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2015
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

Since you Oliseh cannot learn from history,
Go and ask Brazil how they are faring since the coach took captain band from Thiago Silver and gave it to Neymar.

Ask Argentina how many cups they have won since they left the older players and handed the band to Messi.

Do you even know that the older players shout at the younger ones in the pitch when they lose concentration?
How do you expect Enyeama to shout at Captain Musa?
Or how do you expect Musa to shout to Enyeama since he is the captain?

Yet you followed the same path without seeking for advice.
Your team is crumbling already.
Musa will lead the likes of Moses Simon, Iheanacho and the other younger players who would look up to him as a senior player.

Enyeama, Emenike, Mikel, Ambrose, Echiejile and a few more cannot look up to Musa for advice or inspiration.

They can only look down on him because they have seen it more than him.
You chose to disgrace the greatest goalkeeper Nigeria has ever had, you will live with the consequences.

Prepare for more shocks Anuofia.

When I see comments like urs, I begin to wonder if we are really serious about CHANGE. My question 4 u is: Are you happy with the past performance of super eagles in recent years. We cant continue to do the same thing and xpect change.

The decision of the coach may turn out to be wrong but we have to do something. If we fail, we try another approach......but we av to f*cking try.

PS: Ur reference to Brazil and Argentina was totally wrong.....they av fared better under Neymar and Messi compare to under Silva and Mascherano.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by bawari(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2015
all those of you who are writing oliseh did dis, oliseh did dat, am sorry to say, but i think there is absolutely something wrong wit ur heads, infact you people are d ones trying to destroy the super eagles and not oliseh, can somebody tell me, wen last did emenike score or made and assist for the super eagles, u people are seeing d super eagles falling everyday and u open ur mouths and talk about dis old players who have nothing to offer, look at the likes of kelechi,yahaya, ighalo, victor moses. I swear if the super eagles is built around this boys bet me come 2018 fifa worldcup nigeria will see d semi finals. Of a fifa world, dis is wat ghana did in 2010 dat made them nearly reach the semi finals, and u ar all here talking rubbish, infact you are the ones dat are not living by example, tell me why is spain and italy suffering from not coming out of d grp after winning previous tournaments, becus dey depended on old players and u ar all here talking rubbish.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by k1centy: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

C'mon, why are you criticizing out of context? Was he the reason why he has not been anle to score for SE since after 2013 AFCON. Emenike is still young, retiring from international duties shouldn't have been the next thing in his career at this time.

Don't blame Oliseh for whatnots. Deciding to choose a younger captain shouldn't be a cause for headache.
Fabregas was in Arsenal as a very young player, Neymar is presently even in Brazil that has history.

[size=18pt]Rather, make money from football and other sports by clicking thin link in my signature.[/size]
How does Musa compare 2 Fabgregas or Neymar?
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by lexyman(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2015
princechinedu:
Things are gradually falling apart.....

Funny, but its annoy for a coach to say this...

You still don't believe or accept he has retired, you are waiting for him to officailly write to you and NFF.....

I see no personal relationship btw coach and player, if not you would have called him on phone immediately you saw or heard about his post just to show concern, instead you came up to the media to tell us you were shocked.......

This SUNDAY DUDE GAT JOKES

I listened to the interview , he did the right thing , he called Emenike immediately but he said he didn't pick his call , I hope Emenike will return the call .... Let's be realistic here , Emenike is a lazy player mentally , I expected him to find a way to improve on his game and become a useful striker to his club and his country , but he bowed to pressure , this speaks a lot about him . It's quite unfortunate that Enyeama retired 2weeks earlier , but that will not stop the eagles , we have So many strikers that can play in that position , but Enyeama will be missed not Emenike .
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2015
teeowl:
In your eyes, Emenike looks like a 41 year old man? Go and look at pictures of 41 year old British footballers and compare. In Fact look at Tuface (40 years old) and comapre... infact look at Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson (43 years) and compare. Just because Nigerian footballers adjust their age does not mean they can overdo it... there is a limit to how much they can reduce their age. Emenike is NOT 41 years old.

Going by the same logic, Sunday Oliseh should be in his 60s by now because during Nations cup 2002 some guys were saying he is over 40 years old.

NO BE FOR FACE.. Bone Marrow Analysis .. or simply get his primary-school pics since birth certificate is now
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2015
Even with Bone marrow Analysis Emenike is not up to 36 years. His youth career in Delta Force FC was around 2007 and 2008.... how can he be 41 years?

voltron:

NO BE FOR FACE.. Bone Marrow Analysis .. or simply get his primary-school pics since birth certificate is now
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Lordave: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2015
HARRYFORD1986:
Pls Oliseh go in search of new players at CKC Aba, u will see guys hustling with football in the pitch. Pick them and form a strong team that will make us proud once again. Just pix of advice undecided
Etche Road nko? Okigwe Road primary school ya na Cameroon Barracks kwanu? cool
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by haywhy911(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2015
ZUBY77:
Anuofia
Go and ask Brazil how they are faring since the coach took captain band from Thiago Silver and gave it to Neymar.

Ask Argentina how many cups they have won since they left the older players and handed the band to Messi.

Do you even know that the older players shout at the younger ones in the pitch when they lose concentration?

Musa will lead the likes of Moses Simon, Iheanacho and the other younger players who would look up to him as a senior player.

Enyeama, Emenike, Mikel, Ambrose, Echiejile and a few more cannot look up to Musa for advice or inspiration.

You chose to disgrace the greatest goalkeeper Nigeria has ever had, you will live with the consequences.

the bolded are very very wrong,bro. Brazil and Argentina have fared better with Neymar n Messi. Moreso,i think age shouldn't be a criterion for captaincy. How old were Torres n Fabregas when they captained Atleti and Arsenal respectively? During the week,a 19-year old led a Porto team that featured a veteran in Casillas! Like Messi said recently,he looks up to Mascherano when things become hard. This shows that u dnt have to be the captain to lead,bro. In a team where there is mutual understanding,even a 5yr old can be the captain
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by haywhy911(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Incase u don't know,Emenike last scored for Super Eagles in 2013. I think retirement from international football is the best option for Emenike. He has lost that confidence. After hz heroics in the AFCON,that fighting spirit vanished. Emenike even claims his enemies are using juju on him. WTF!
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
360metrosports:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/22/oliseh-shocked-over-emenikes-retirement-says-no-one-is-irreplaceable/
don't mind my brother, leave the club for oliseh & his hausa brothers..... Oliseh u are a bigggggggg foooooool,idiiiioooot...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Eleniyan15: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
everybody want to type sha
well
story for the gods
we have alot of players who need opportunity so please
if he want to retire let him be
no b by force

gerrahere mehn
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Marcelinho(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
U haf said it all
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by FKMagazine(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
360metrosports:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/22/oliseh-shocked-over-emenikes-retirement-says-no-one-is-irreplaceable/

Coach Oliseh in Nwankwo Kanu's ascent: "it was a big shock to me wen I heard emenike said he will never play for #SuperEagles again, but I summoned courage to stand firm, and I repeat, anyone that wants to go can take a bow". Lol
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by benjaminiyke(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
uscofield:
Who is Emenike?
Is he from BIAFRA?
I tire o my broda!!! Which club is Emenike playing for(5th rate club al alin) and when last did he score a goal for the national team? Is mikel still a footballer? Mascherano was stripped of argentine captain armband and messi was made the captain,did Mascherano retire? N0...Thiago silver of brazil faced the same faith and Neymar (23 years old) took the captain armband. Did Thiago retire? NO. I can give more examples. Musa is the best player we have now and the best players captain their teams presently. Retire all this old cargos and source for fresh young bloods.if all the senior players decide to retire,it won't affect us one bit there are millions of talented footballers in nigeria. Imagine if Nigeria had an arrogant coach like mourinho or Van gaal. These players won't even play a single friendly match.#nonsense
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Marcelinho(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
bawari:
all those of you who are writing oliseh did dis, oliseh did dat, am sorry to say, but i think there is absolutely something wrong wit ur heads, infact you people are d ones trying to destroy the super eagles and not oliseh, can somebody tell me, wen last did emenike score or made and assist for the super eagles, u people are seeing d super eagles falling everyday and u open ur mouths and talk about dis old players who have nothing to offer, look at the likes of kelechi,yahaya, ighalo, victor moses. I swear if the super eagles is built around this boys bet me come 2018 fifa worldcup nigeria will see d semi finals. Of a fifa world, dis is wat ghana did in 2010 dat made them nearly reach the semi finals, and u ar all here talking rubbish, infact you are the ones dat are not living by example, tell me why is spain and italy suffering from not coming out of d grp after winning previous tournaments, becus dey depended on old players and u ar all here talking rubbish.
[size=78pt]MR I TOO KNOW, BUILD THIS PLAYERS WITH WHICH COACH? I think you are the JOKER of the CENTURY if you think OLISEH is someone who can BUILD A TEAM[/size]
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

oh my God I love this post, the Anuofia (oliseh) should play well with his hausa brothers, he sacked Enyeama who just lost his mother the same day, what a wicked man, atleast he should have given Enyeama more weeks or even months, u sacked him in other to install ur hausa brother musa as captain to seek Favour from Buahari ...oliseh God will never ever forgive u... Anu mpama., ewu hausa...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
uscofield:
Who is Emenike?
Is he from BIAFRA?
yes he's a Biafran how is that ur concern ? 10000 nigerians are equals to one Biafran...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''

1 Like

Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
princechinedu:

I see no personal relationship btw coach and player, if not you would have called him on phone immediately you saw or heard about his post just to show concern, instead you came up to the media to tell us you were shocked.......

Your assertions are valid!
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by benjaminiyke(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
byrron:

Your assertions are valid!
Why blame the coach alone. What's wrong with the player letting his retirement decison known to the coach before going public. Alex ferguson once said" The moment you give the players too much power you loose the dressing room." It shows the mentality of our players."Very weak" lionel messi and ronaldo( the two best players in the world) are faced with the enormous pressure in today football but they absorb everything thrown at them and keep playing.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Ebejii: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
Oliseh may have sent ov the wrong signal already but its good
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by rockyh(m): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

u said it all
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

u said it all
ZUBY77:
Anuofia

u said it all
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Why blame the coach alone. What's wrong with the player letting his retirement decison known to the coach before going public. Alex ferguson once said" The moment you give the players too much power you loose the dressing room." It shows the mentality of our players."Very weak" lionel messi and ronaldo( the two best players in the world) are faced with the enormous pressure in today football but they absorb everything thrown at them and keep playing.

I blame the coach on this one because he is also an administrator and should act like one.

Why go to the press when you have not confirmed the validity and authenticity of the news making the rounds?

If there was a rumor on the death of any of his players, won't the coach confirm the veracity of such news from the appropriate quarter before going to the press?

The coach failed to do the needful.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by EmagNig(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lyk seriously this oliseh is like a bad omen coz everytin jez scatter d moment he emerged as the coach

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT LAFF TIRE TODAY
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by ebonytarki(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
He keeps getting shocked,enyeama's case n now emenike,if mikel retires,walahi i'll retire too............oliseh had beta get his acts right.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by damosky12(m): 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
All I see here is the folly of the NFF. I don't see the sense behind sacking Keshi only for you to employ Oliseh. Do people think at all? Keshi was far too exposed in African football before his appointment. He coached two top football nations... He had the experience, the exposure, the ability. Here, Oliseh never coached any worthy team. He has no reasonable C. V as a coach who could coach small football nations like Ethiopia, yet the NFF committed the Super Eagles to his trust. What a joke! I doubt if the guy can even manage our under 23.
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by Umunede(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
This Captain issue is tearing the team apart
Re: Emenike's Retirement Was A Shock To Me - Oliseh by flyingsnail(f): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
With Musa as captain, go to sambisa to recruit Bokoharam boys. They will make good team Nigeria cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brazil Wins The U-17 FIFA World Cup After Defeating Mexico / AFCON: We're Happy Senegal Is Out, We Missed Jackson's Goals So Much- Pochettin / Mo Salah Becomes Second African To Score 100 Premier League Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.