Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees (16545 Views)

Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Senate Insists, No More Bow And Go For Ministerial Nominees / Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees Revealed- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2015
After a series of delay owing to a petition alleging corruption, ‎Chibuike Amaechi, ministerial nominee and former Rivers state governor, is scheduled to be screened on Thursday.

His name was number one on the list of ministerial nominees to be screened on Thursday. Other nominees on the senate order paper for screening are Heineken Lokpobiri, Cladius Omoyele Daramola, Adewole Isaac Folorunso, Baba Shehuri Mustapha and Ocholi Enojo James.

Although TheCable understands that the list is still subject change, Amaechi has been sighted at the senate in the company of Dakuku Peterside. Amaechi had been exempted from screening a number of times largely owing to “internal politics” and the failure of the senate committee on ethics, privileges and public petitions to submit its report‎ on an investigation of him.

He was alleged to have stolen N70 billion of Rivers funds while he was governor in a petition presented to the senate by George Sekibo, senator representing Rivers east. On several occasions, the committee failed to submit the report, delaying the former governor’s screening. But it is expected that it will turn in the report‎ on Thursday.

This is not the first time, though, that Amaechi has featured on the order paper for the screening without undergoing the process. On Tuesday, his name was struck out of the order paper containing the names of nominees to be screened.

Amaechi’s name, alongside that of seven other nominees, was on the initial order paper seen by TheCable, but that paper was subsequently replaced by another that did not contain the name of the former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) man. Apart from Amaechi, other names on the first order paper were Adebayo Shittu, Heineken Lokpobiri, Khadija Abba Ibrahim, Bawa Bwari, Ocholi James, Mansur Muhammed and Zainab Ahmed. However, the second order paper contains only three of those eight names: Adebayo Shittu, Claudius Omoleye Daramola, and Khadija Abba Ibrahim

https://www.thecable.ng/developing-amaechi-first-name-screening-list-ministerial-nominees

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi~ The Lion Of The Tribe Of Ubima!

Anu ana agbara Egbe Ya Na Ata Nri (Meaning: A Lion That Is Being Shot At And Is Busy Eating Food) grin grin

Wike, You Will Be Hanged Today!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by veraponpo(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2015
@OP why laughing?

You want PDP people to pounce on you?

Let me join you in the laughing process grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Demdem2: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2015
The Lion of the the tribe of ND. Jonah-daft nemesis.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Imortal001: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by MikelEleta(m): 10:46am On Oct 22, 2015
I have quickly turned on my dstv walka 7 to follow up even though there's no light I can watch it live. Today should be the deal day. I sense Amache would scale through BUT not without much drama and controversies. @ op pls which station is showing it because NTA International where I watched previous ones is showing commisioning of ultra modern nnpc gas lines

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by kelljuili(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2015
Will Amaechi be screened today? Yes/No question at the moment .

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2015
No room for amaechi in booari's cabinet.
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Chanchit: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2015
Make I spread my mat here till dem confirm Ubima Lion, he go bite some people today.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2015
We are waiting... All hail the Lion of Ubima. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by seunmsg(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
Finally, Amaechi will have his day before the senate. After serving as speaker and governor of Rivers state for a cumulative period of sixteen years, he should just take a bow and go. He's over qualified to be a minister and doesn't need any unnecessary questioning to test his capability. His records speaks clearly and loudly for him.

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Tunami(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
yes, the lion of africa, shame on wike, sekibo and co and the wailing wailers.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
Senate President bukolasaraki leads the Senate Leadership to the Chambers. The Prayer is taken.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by doublewisdom: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
Okay o.
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by kcmichael: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2015
OluwaRotimi Chibuike Amaechi,the Lion, Go and Roar in SeeeeeeNateeeeeeee

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Cadamlk: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2015
I cant wait to see the man with a big heart confirmed.With the way this man is growing in politics he may end up being Nigeria president against all odds just like GEJ did.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2015
Senate Chief Whip, Professor Olusola Adeyeye calls for Order and confirms that the chamber is set for today's proceedings.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Babacele: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Amaechi~ The Lion Of The Tribe Of Ubima!

Anu ana agbara Egbe Ya Na Ata Nri (Meaning: A Lion That Is Being Shot At And Is Busy Eating Food) grin grin

Wike, You Will Be Hanged Today!
The nemesis of the WIKEcd one. Amaechi his Excellency!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by sandraokosun: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Senate President bukolasaraki leads the Senate Leadership to the Chambers. The Prayer is taken.
ngene pls mention my moniker when the show is abt to start. Pls dear

1 Like

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by GstringAngela(f): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2015
This people no get shame. Dem don go give Saraki chieftaincy title as eze ndibo of Biafra. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2015
The Votes and Proceedings of Tuesday 20th October, 2015 is passed.

The Senate moves into a Closed Session. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by paragon40(m): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2015
Nothing will stop u. Man
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2015
sandraokosun:
ngene pls mention my moniker when the show is abt to start. Pls dear

Ok! grin
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2015
We are still in the closed meeting with Saraki!

I will resume with the updates as soon as we are done! tongue

Stay hooked!!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by okeyley: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2015
OK ngene ukwenu
nwunnne ndddaaaa
jishikeee nnuwoo
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by franchizy(m): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
We are still in the closed meeting with Saraki!

I will resume with the updates as soon as we are done! tongue

Stay hooked!!

NNE OMA you cause a lot of people high BP today.

Abeg take it easy

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Sparrow13: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Chanchit:
Make I spread my mat here till dem confirm Ubima Lion, he go bite some people today.
make I join you to sit down
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by Sparrow13: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2015
otapiapia sellers in P/H are going to make huge profit today

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by mrsuccessful(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2015
My man
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by oekehinde: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2015
Since Mr Seun is not spending his money on houses and other material things, I suggest he should come out with nairaland TV where we can subscribe and watch important news and likely football matches....
Re: Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees by ylaa(f): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2015
clap for amechi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Breaking News: Apc's Lola Ashiru Floor PDP In Kwara South Online Senatorial Poll / Boko Haram Kills Hotel Guests In Yobe, Sets School Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.