Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman (869 Views)

Expert Analysis Of How Floyd 'money' Mayweather Beat Manny 'pacman' Pacquiao! / Breaking News - Floyd Mayweather To Relinquish Belts After Defeating Pacman / Nigerians Talks: Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. Vs Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by jaybee3(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2009
Peeps, the hitman got knocked the f.ck out today. Pacman's speed and accuracy was just too much for the one dimensional hatton.
dude is probably gonna retire now and become a pub landlord.
anyone looking forward to pacman v mayweather (as long as he beats Marquez).
boxing is starting to excite moi again.
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by ElRazur: 4:29pm On May 03, 2009
Ricky came up against a better boxer. Pacman out boxed him and delivered better punches. Ricky appear to have no plan and he just keeps falling. The first right hook that brought him down in the first round is a school boy error on hatton's part.

The knock out punch appeared well-time and Hatton just seem to walk right into it. It was reported that he needed a brain-scan after the match just to be on a safe side.

Overall, the Filipino was a better boxer - he delivered 53punches or so and Hatton only managed 18. It is funny how ricky was boasting before the match, while in contrast the Pacman was all humble.

Finally, I think the tattoo on the back of Ricky shouldn't be "HITMAN", it should be "SHITMAN".
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by Phony200(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2009
School boy error or not, He would have been battered and beaten black and blue. All the better he was thumped pretty early. It's either of two choices now. Either fight lots of nobodies till he's able to get a high profile fight or retire. Either way, at least he got himself from a local british slugger to a world renowned punching bag. At least he tried. What else would a Man City fan do, lol?
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by Nobody: 7:46am On May 04, 2009
I think Hatton didn't go with a game-plan.He elected to brawl,and in the process left himself open to devastating shots by the Pacman.
Of course he gobbled him all up like dots.if Hatton had been more patient,he could have had a chance.But overall,pacman was the better fighter.
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by ElRazur: 10:25am On May 04, 2009
^^ See, that is the thing! A brawler [or a Pub brawler as some are saying] stand no chance against a fighter like Pacman.
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by linxon(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2009
Hatton has always been overatted! Who has he fought? A washed up Kostya Tszyu, a washed up Flag of Mexico José Luis Castillo and thats it then he was exposed by Mayweather! So the Pacmans destruction was no suprise to me. But I must say I thought Hatton would last atleast 6 rounds grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by ElRazur: 5:05pm On May 04, 2009
^^ How is he supposed to when there are reports he's been binging on fry ups and greasy food?
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by bgees(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2009
the bout was so comical. with Hatton the'hitman' lying on the ground for several minutes, his fiancee by the ring side screaming and crying. for me it wasn't unexpected but i was so shocked that it happened. Pacman is a beast ! i hear mayweather may return.

hatton landed just 18 clean punches while Manny landed an incredible 78 in 2 rounds!
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by tkb417(m): 7:37pm On May 04, 2009
The fight wasnt worth the hype
That beast called pacquaio delivered can kill. His Punches were just too heavy for Hatton.

I just hope Mayweather isnt signing his death warrant by coming out of retirement cos this Pac-man is ready to kill people.
Imagine fighting people who arent in the same weight category and beating them like this
na wa
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by Phony200(m): 8:46pm On May 04, 2009
Hatton's probably going to retire while Mayweather is going to fight Juan Manuel Castillo on the 18th July.
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by kaypumpin2(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2009
Hatton a boxer?

Over-rated piece of sh@#$t angry
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by invisible2(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2009
Even me can beat up Hatton, lol!
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by A40(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2009
ElRazur:

Ricky came up against a better boxer. Pacman out boxed him and delivered better punches. Ricky appear to have no plan and he just keeps falling. The first right hook that brought him down in the first round is a school boy error on hatton's part.

The knock out punch appeared well-time and Hatton just seem to walk right into it. It was reported that he needed a brain-scan after the match just to be on a safe side.

Overall, the Filipino was a better boxer - he delivered 53punches or so and Hatton only managed 18. It is funny how ricky was boasting before the match, while in contrast the Pacman was all humble.

Finally, I think the tattoo on the back of Ricky shouldn't be "HITMAN", it should be "SHITMAN". 
Word!!! Pacquaio has always been a humble cat his boxing does the talking for him

I like Mayweather but i sincerely hope he does not get tempted to come out of retirement and fight Pacquaio it would be a fight for the ages though and i would love to see it
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by lailai2(m): 2:56am On May 05, 2009
i tot hatton would at least last a bit but with his style, this kind of result shouldnt be unexpected

manny definitely no 1 now, mayweather definitely on collision course now. . . .but marquez is very dangerous for him considering he's just returning

btw, wat did mayweather sr. have to say, tot he bragged he was making hatton more versatile, hatton durely was as versatile as a granite piece grin grin
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by Nobody: 7:40am On May 05, 2009
Truth is,
hatton is by no means a bad fighter.A little over-hyped maybe,but i think he is worth his salt.
What this loss does is reduce his stock so low that no serious promoter would want to have anyhing to do with him.
as for the Mayweather/Pacman fight,I think Mayweather will prevail.I feel his defesive technique will slow the fight down to a point where he can be comfortable with Pac.Pac's a great hitter,no doubt,but I don't think he was as good a hitter as say,de la hoya in his prime.I think he has speed as his advantage.I think it's going to be too close to call.i can't wait.
I suspect pacman will get a tune-up fight while mayweather fights on the 18th.
He (Pac) has the advantage of being in action,as against the just un-retired and inactive stand of Mayweather.My opinion though.
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by dayokanu(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2009
Is Ricky Hatton a boxer? The overrated piece of shit (Just like anything that comes out of England) cant fight nobody.
Just noise when he was to fight oldman Mayweather I thought it was a fight to watch but after the fight Mayweather looked like someone dressed for a party while Hatton looked like he was run over by a tractor.

Can anything good come out of England I heard someone mentioning Amir Khan just one word Prince Naseem

Maybe a bout with Leila Ali daughter of Mohammed Alli would soon be on the cards to boost his career
Re: Boxing Lovers. Hatton V Pacman by lailai2(m): 12:09am On May 06, 2009
dayokanu, i wonder what you'll do if u were posted to england to work or sumfin for at least 10 yrs grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Football Is The Federation Cup Finals A Pointer Of New Things To Come / Your Best Sports Radio Program. / Re: U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Vs Brazil Today At 7pm Nig Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.