Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic (1502 Views)

Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / BREAKING: Amaechi ‘disappears’ With A Whopping N243 Billion Tax Payers Money / Breaking: Amaechi Corrupt Practices Currently Airing On AIT! Is Anybody Watching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by xwolverine: 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi has been approved as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria after being screened by the Nigerian Senate.

The former Rivers governor and director general of the 2015 All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign organisation, was approved after a series of questions had been asked by senators.

There was mild drama at the beginning of the session as the minority leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio said that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus had no questions for the nominee, and this was immediately corroborated by the Senate leader, Ali Ndume, who asked Amaechi to take a bow and go.

But other senators disagreed with him, stating that they would ask him questions irrespective of what the PDP caucus had stated.

The Senate president, Bukola Saraki, ruled that the nominee be given the same preferential treatment given to other former legislators, but the senators insisted on asking questions.
The former governor was, however, approved after a series of questions had been asked by the senators, some of whom were his counterparts when he served as the head of Rivers state.

Source: https://www.naij.com/613994-breaking-amaechi-approved-minister-federal-republic.html

Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by donTbone(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
grin grin grin
I think, with his talk today, he won my heart.
With all his confession on corruption and how he
so much hates it, I think the man
has a good heart.

Besides, I cant judge him on his action and how the
media sees him. This guy has once head a SUG, so what do
you expect! undecided

But can he be trusted? angry

Only time will tell!
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Burger01(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lion of Africa. Dem no get choice. smiley

Welcome on board my honorable minister smiley

Lion of Ubima

Slayer of PDP

PDP and wailers can hang tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by chibyke0: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
We know before now
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lalasticlala front page please
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Bayswater: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is just the first stage. The Senate will announce those that are confirmed.
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
congrats undecided
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bayswater:
This is just the first stage. The Senate will announce those that are confirmed.

He's confirmed bruv, no going back on this one
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Burger01(m): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bayswater:
Wetin remain again cheesy
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
Burger01:

Wetin remain again cheesy

Epp me ask o tongue tongue
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by nawti(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is so funny, upon all the gragra.

Wike, here we come tongue tongue
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Burger01(m): 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
Posidonius:

Epp me ask o tongue tongue
Bad belle people cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by rafeelly(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lion of Ubima!
If you agree amaechi has never collected bribe click like and if you agree amaechi is not corrupt nd has never slept with a girl to award contract click share, if u think otherwise pls locate river niger cos lagoon self don full grin
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by nawti(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
Burger01:
Bad belle people cheesy

Its still doing them like film trick. LMAO
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Burger01(m): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
nawti:

Its still doing them like film trick. LMAO
Na so he go do them till 2023 smiley
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by Zeedarh(f): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Congratulations Mr. Rotimi Amaechi
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by forandy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hehehe...now I can peacefully drink my orijin grin
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by CharlyNick: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Verification please
Re: BREAKING! Amaechi Approved As A Minister Of The Federal Republic by dustydee: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
The senate has to vote to confirm or reject him, he's not out of the woods yet.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! FIFA Presidency: Kalu Quits Race (see Why) / Sen. Ben Bruce's Tweets Inspired Me To Start A Factory In Nigeria / Wonder How These Things Get Here.... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.