Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software (1277 Views)

An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' / Nigeria Emerges World’s 4th Largest Cashew Producer, Earned N284billion / The 10 Bank Directors That Have Earned The Highest Dividends In 2016 - PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by fxbot: 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
It was a great day and I got talking to a friend about an idea that no one is currently using to make good money (maybe some are not using). Because it was very foreign to her, guess what she told me?

Like a typical Nigerian that she is, her words were : ” that can’t happen in Nigeria. it won’t work” I said, oh yeah.

I looked around me and I knew that I had to leave my current environment into where I can expand the potentials of this idea. This further pushed me to move into another state entirely.

I traveled down to western part of the country (we have a family house there so accommodation was sorted out) and immediately I arrived, by next day I surveyed the environment and I noticed that there were so MANY schools around. The competition among these schools is neck-breaking and aggressively fierce.

Every environment has what they are known for as characteristic and culture of its inhabitants. In my previous state( I can’t mention it in order not to breed tribal war among readers), each spot occupied by schools in my new environment is where you will find churches– there are more churches than schools wherein you find at least 2-3 churches per street. At that point, I had to agree that people of Western Nigeria value education so much as it widely spoken. smiley

Hmmmm… what could I do with what I am seeing around me? I recalled instantly what I read in one of those books about businesses filling needs. What needs of these schools can I fill? Instantly, I had a idea to use a simple open source software to make designs, one that is so easy to use such that churning out designs with a simple click of the mouse would make it a breeze smiley . EUREKA!

What did I do next? I went around collecting phone numbers of these schools. There were so many banners and sign post/ billboard. I walked almost 1km on foot and picking numbers from one junction to the other. At some places, people were suspicious of my lurking and came near to find out what and why I was writing, majorly for security reasons. Being the ever smiling person that I am, I would explain so they could leave. I went on until I had about 15 schools to contact. I had to stop before I miss my way or get “kidnapped” like Olufalaye because I am new to the area smiley

This was done at weekend and by start of a new week, after practicing my phone sale pitch on how to speak on phone to clients (This is very important because I do not want to appear unprofessional or like a scammer considering it’s unsolicited calls), I started calling the schools and offering to make design for them using the simple open source software. It may surprise you to know that there is design company at the far right end of my junction with big banner announcing to the public. I do not have an office. I worked from home.

Among the names I called, I got as much as 4 NO and 3 YES. One thing that I shockingly discovered was that while collecting the numbers, I had much hope on bigger schools and less on smaller schools. But I was wrong like the lady I talked about at the opening of this post. Most of the YES I got were from much small schools. Maybe the bigger schools felt that they were established already and therefore, they do not need a design. In life, never assume until you have tried. Assumption is a killer!
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by fxbot: 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
School 1:

One of the schools requested to meet me in person. I had my bath and made sure I looked good in tightly fitted white tshirt, black jeans and my rarely worn leather shoe.

I arrived the school premises and the owner of the school asked me for my address, where I stayed previously. He also asked me if I was doing anything else. I replied NO because I just came in the previous week. He asked if I had called other schools and my reply to that was affirmative. He seemed impressed by my determination and without wasting much time beyond 10 minutes, he handed me to blank A4 paper to write a detailed report of the cost involved for the design. After that, he gave me a book to register my purpose of visit and date, like every organization out there. While writing, I saw where people had submitted application letters as well but my case was the reverse. I signed, thanked him and moved out.

Aside the above, what l learned is that most times people need solutions; they have been nurturing it but they do not know where to get that solution in order to solve that problem or are just too busy to get it done such that they often forget. The owner of school 1 had the intention of getting the design for his school done but didn’t know where to turn to. When I called, it was like a miracle to an answered prayer from heaven. He didn’t fail to mention it while we discussed.

Remember I said there is a design company at the far right end of my junction, on a major road and opposite one of the biggest churches in Nigeria. If that was the case, why didn’t this man contact them? I guess being proactive does more because you might be waiting for clients to come while on the other hand, client may have other things pull his/her attention away–a reminder to bring their needs to their consciousness isn’t bad, is it?

School 2:

On my way to school 1, I saw that School 2 was a stone throw from school 1, at least their sign post was very visible. So after I was done at school 1, I branched off to school 2. I met with the owner of the school, a matured woman.

Note: She didn’t ask me to come but during our phone conversation, I requested for an email to send details for the design job, a proposal maybe. She promised to send me the email ID but I waited till next morning and nothing happened. By morning of same day, just before I called school 1, I called school 2 and she abruptly ended the call. I felt maybe she thinks I am a scammer by virtue of our medium of communication and no physical contact. That was why I branched off to her school to present myself physically and dispel whatever negative sentiment she may be nurturing in mind. I was impressively well presentable in my outfit. She explained that she is a very busy person.

Also, when I called a day before meeting her, I asked if she would want a design and her reply was that someone had promised to get it done but hasn’t said anything about it. Immediately I heard that, I seized the opportunity for myself and the rest, as they say, is history.

School 3:

I wouldn’t want to talk about school 3 in order not to make this post too lengthy and eventually turn off readers but I can say I sealed it as well.
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by fxbot: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
By end of first week, I had 98k profit from 3 schools. The aim was to make it as affordable as possible so that I can get things running fast. There are 2 pending design jobs and all were done using open source software while I get paid.

According to a close source (like our NAIJA journalist would say) there are over 1000 schools in this city and it’s not even the capital of the state. What will happen should I move to the capital? But I have a much bigger plan which will eventually lead me to the capital of the state.

If I can close 98k profit in first week making designs with an open source software, what is possible by following week if I work harder and remember I haven’t called about half of the number that I collected. The reason for not calling all at once was to ensure efficiency and not delay on job. Imagine a case wherein I have about 7-10 jobs. How can I deliver effectively and as a client, you wouldn’t want a delay on your job, would you? You wouldn’t want to recommend me to another person if your project was badly handled. I take my personality very serious but at the same time, I do not over do it in order not to appear desperate which would decrease my value.

What will shock you is that I am not even pro when it comes to this kind of designs but I used technology at my disposal plus thinking outside the box.

Step one: Get Contacts

Step two: Practice Your Phone Pitch, Know how to present yourself on phone. Failure to do this means you are just

Step Three: Meet with clients

Step Four: Use open source software to do the design

Step Five: Get paid.

Step Six: The possibilities of this method is endless

Step Seven Training is available for Interested persons with same phone script I used. Contact Me!

Making money and much money is easy if we can think outside the box, leverage on technology and get the job done.

http://www.instantlecture.com/2015/10/16/how-i-created-a-job-that-earned-me-instant-n90k-plus-ove0r-1000-untapped-and-how-you-too-can/
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by kelz2205: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Im interested. Kindahouze@gmail.com, thanks
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by darexkey(m): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2015
Nice and inspiring write up. i am interested in this cos have got lots of schools around me too. Pls, send details to darexkey2010@gmail.com or whatsapp 07039359066
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by Utchry: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2015
Interested - gwendy56@yahoo.com
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by conquistadores(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
Taekorsond1@gmail.com
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by eljimmah: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
am interested but u didnt drop any of ur contact detail anyway my email med2du@yahoo.com
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by Atesunate15(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
instrested ogbosa1@yahoo.com
Re: How I Created A Job That Earned Me Instant N98k Using An Open Source Software by fxbot: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
kelz2205:
Im interested. Kindahouze@gmail.com, thanks
darexkey:
Nice and inspiring write up. i am interested in this cos have got lots of schools around me too. Pls, send details to darexkey2010@gmail.com or whatsapp 07039359066
conquistadores:
Taekorsond1@gmail.com
Utchry:
Interested - gwendy56@yahoo.com
eljimmah:
am interested but u didnt drop any of ur contact detail
anyway my email
med2du@yahoo.com
Atesunate15:
instrested ogbosa1@yahoo.com

please check your emails. And reply when you can.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Escrow / Top 20 Lucrative Businesses In Nigeria That Make Millions Of Naira / Online Crude Oil Traders Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.