Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 (11111 Views)

Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / Top 10 Fastest Cars 2016 / Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
auhanson:
Imagine a 1966 iconic classic American car,Chevrolet Corvette Stingray handling/contesting favourably with a 2015 Toyota Camry, a modern mid size sedan. Does that not ring some bell to tell you what stuffs are made of? What is there to compare again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6RIb9EyDtE

You are an anti Toyota guy, you've been yelping about how American pile of crap are better than Toyota/Japanese. Lol....
Now the stats of this comparism.

2015 CAMRY xle vs 1966 corvette Stingray
Car class: mid size family sedan 4dr. Vs. Sports car coupe/convertible 2dr
Drive type: FWD. Vs. RWD
Engine: 3.5L V6 267bhp. Vs. 3.2l -4.2l V8 250-450bhp
Lap time: 1:37sec @ 86mph Vs 1:44sec @ 83mph
1/4 Drag: 14sec @ 99MPH. Vs 16sec @ 83.5 MPH
60-0 brake: 127ft. Vs. 165ft.

How are these data favourably comfortable for comparison between a mid sized sedan and a purpose built sports car even if they're over 50years apart?
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 28, 2015
The truth is this.

Those hot rod tire frying machines classic american cars are not stock. You can get a create engine that makes over 1,000 horsepower here in the US for your POS Ford/Dodge.

Many many of the newer top shelf import cars have a better weight to horsepower ratio.

I schooled many of the Mustang guys in my Evo IX on the street. Then they want me to go to the track so we can do standing 1/4 or 1/8 mile runs, not my thing.

The 2016 Civic will have a 300 horsepower option and I am sure that one can get an additional 150 horsepower easily from bigger turbos and tuning. Once you do that then the horsepower to weight ratio is right there with more expensive cars.

You can make anything go fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSEPb6pjzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJGUElRgA8
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by prudencesmart(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
kingreign:

You are an anti Toyota guy, you've been yelping about how American pile of crap are better than Toyota/Japanese. Lol....
Now the stats of this comparism.

2015 CAMRY xle vs 1966 corvette Stingray
Car class: mid size family sedan 4dr. Vs. Sports car coupe/convertible 2dr
Drive type: FWD. Vs. RWD
Engine: 3.5L V6 267bhp. Vs. 3.2l -4.2l V8 250-450bhp
Lap time: 1:37sec @ 86mph Vs 1:44sec @ 83mph
1/4 Drag: 14sec @ 99MPH. Vs 16sec @ 83.5 MPH
60-0 brake: 127ft. Vs. 165ft.

How are these data favourably comfortable for comparison between a mid sized sedan and a purpose built sports car even if they're over 50years apart?

Oh kingreign, You didn't see it.

The cars are centuries apart. It's awesome that a 1964 technology almost overwhelm a 2015 technology in this modern era where 300hp is squeezed from 4 a cylinder compact size sedan engine,Gudos to Benz, how much more a midsize sedan of Toyota,the notorious Camry, the most popular Toyota brand?

Something is not just correct there, if the popular midsize sedan, the bread and butter of Toyota can do just that with a 1964 technology. All is wrong there mehn,these cars have gone too far, this call fro a review.Infact you've got to pull a very strong defense there, because this call for a challenge.

Frankly, it looks like this Toyota thing is very deceptive and many including you have been seriously deceived too.Many go for it because of these deception. It's high time we start sensitizing the public about this ghost of a ride that is washing the Nigerian brains, and call a spade a spade, not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2015
prudencesmart:

Oh kingreign, You didn't see it.

The cars are centuries apart. It's awesome that a 1964 technology almost overwhelm a 2015 technology in this modern era where 300hp is squeezed from 4 a cylinder compact size sedan engine,Gudos to Benz, how much more a midsize sedan of Toyota,the notorious Camry, the most popular Toyota brand?

Something is not just correct there, if the popular midsize sedan, the bread and butter of Toyota can do just that with a 1964 technology. All is wrong there mehn,these cars have gone too far, this call fro a review.Infact you've got to pull a very strong defense there, because this call for a challenge.

Frankly, it looks like this Toyota thing is very deceptive and many including you have seriously deceived too.Many go for it because of these deception. It's high time we start sensitizing the public about this ghost of a ride that is washing the Nigerian brains, and call a spade a spade, not the other way round.
I refuse to see it. One is a sports car another is a mid sized family sedan. One a V8 another a V6. Yet its only the appeal of driving a classic that made Carlos Lago choose the Stingray over the Camry. Clear winner is still the CAMRY, I don't care about anyones opinion. Besides, over 30million People in USA can't be deceived, neither can 5million Nigerians.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by prudencesmart(m): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2015
kingreign:

I refuse to see it. One is a sports car another is a mid sized family sedan. One a V8 another a V6. Yet its only the appeal of driving a classic that made Carlos Lago choose the Stingray over the Camry. Clear winner is still the CAMRY, I don't care about anyones opinion. Besides, over 30million People in USA can't be deceived, neither can 5million Nigerians.

What would you also say about Benz CLA a 4cylinder compact size sedan that pulls over 355 horsepower, is that also a formula one car and a v8?
20 million accept Camry, in the US because it is affordable and just manageable to the middle class, 5 million in Nigeria because of washy, once they use it and found out that it wasn't what it is actually taught to be , they sell off to another washy and start looking for some cool rides.

1 Like

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2015
prudencesmart:

What would you also say about Benz CLA a 4cylinder compact size sedan that pulls over 355 horsepower, is that also a formula one car and a v8?
20 million accept Camry, in the US because it is affordable and just manageable, 5 million in Nigeria because of washy, once they use it and found out that it wasn't what it is actually taught to be , they sell off to another washy and start looking for some cool rides.

20million plus counting not because its affordable, rather its because its got great reliability and durability. Same in Nigeria. May I remind you, the Benz CLA is 2.5 S/C engine. Toyota isn't a great advocate of s/c turbo engines?
Not that they don't make or can't make... Rather its because they prefer N/A engines.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by prudencesmart(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2015
kingreign:

20million plus counting not because its affordable, rather its because its got great reliability and durability. Same in Nigeria. May I remind you, the Benz CLA is 2.5 S/C engine. Toyota isn't a great advocate of s/c turbo engines?
Not that they don't make or can't make... Rather its because they prefer N/A engines.

You like blinding people with this reliability thing.

Let me ask us just one question, A bicycle and a power bike, which is more reliable? I can hear someone answers a bicycle. Now of the 2 who has more features?, the power bike.

The common sense is that , the more super features you have , including tunings, the more trouble you are bound to have and the more careful you ought to be with your maintenance. so therefore that your reliability thing doesn't follow.

Last time, 2006 Camry dare into such feat, they suffer serious reliability issues, ranging from steering rack to steering pump, to fuel sending unit, to speedo and instrument cluster to tranny issues , just to mention a few.Those who bought this model saw hell. So Benz, BMW, Porsche and the Americans should even be commended for such zeal to venture into such, and are always able to correct such errors in later models that is late model of same chassis.

'Toyota isn't great advocate of sc" because they can't cope with it, the stress of it all . Remember most of those turbos are hand built , and Toyota cant afford such labour, they will always opt out for cheap labour, and using non technocrats to maximize profit. Note, all AMG engine by Benz are hand built, most of those turbos by Americans super cars are handbuilt. Such technocrats is not just anyhow.

Talk of durability, even a year old knows that you cant beat the Germans and those muscle cars on that.. And that it is no news that Japanese cars can't stand the test of our environment in Nigeria, the rate of her depreciation is fastest. Back home in Nigeria, i own the two so i know what i am talking about, not just speculation.

1 Like

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by prudencesmart(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
EgunMogaji:
The truth is this.

Those hot rod tire frying machines classic american cars are not stock. You can get a create engine that makes over 1,000 horsepower here in the US for your POS Ford/Dodge.

Many many of the newer top shelf import cars have a better weight to horsepower ratio.

I schooled many of the Mustang guys in my Evo IX on the street. Then they want me to go to the track so we can do standing 1/4 or 1/8 mile runs, not my thing.

The 2016 Civic will have a 300 horsepower option and I am sure that one can get an additional 150 horsepower easily from bigger turbos and tuning. Once you do that then the horsepower to weight ratio is right there with more expensive cars.

You can make anything go fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSEPb6pjzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJGUElRgA8

Anything can go fast, but the chassis must support it , if not you have a wreck. Those muscle cars have superb chassis that can stand anything, including power, thrashing and pulling, which is not found in Jap mobiles, else it could be a disaster.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
prudencesmart:

Anything can go fast, but the chassis must support it , if not you have a wreck. Those muscle cars have superb chassis that can stand anything, including power, thrashing and pulling, which is not found in Jap mobiles, else it could be a disaster.

Any car can be made to go fast, any.

Just as you can modify engines so you can modify chassis.

None of the cars you're salivating on have a stock chassis.

Have you ever set eyes on any of these cars that you salivate on except for in magazines?
Have you ever been to a drag racing track?
Have you ever driven on a drag racing track?

The picture below of me is next to a 1,500 horsepower engine and the other picture are some of the cars of Jack O'Bannon and in his garage.

"Former Five-Time NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster World Champion Team Owner Jack O'Bannon has announced the signing of Tequila Patrón as major sponsor of both his son Sean's championship runner-up Top Alcohol Dragster and a newly added Top Alcohol Funny Car that will be wheeled by Alexis De Joria. De Joria, who most recently won Super Comp at this past year's Pacific SPORTSnationals in Fontana, Calif., will have her Funny Car tuned by former World Champion Randy Anderson while O'Bannon's Dragster will be tuned by former World Champion tuner Sam Shockley."

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/1629-obannon-racing-signs-tequila-patron

Listen and learn, if you care.

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Any car can be made to go fast, any car even imports.

See the pics, listen, learn and stop arguing blindly.

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
kingreign:

Now the stats of this comparism...

You got it wrong again, i am not an anti Toyota contrary to your hypothesis, but i dont know how to accept what is not correct in th light of truth, especially when you have to paint Toyota more valuable than actually what it is.

I have several reasons for liking Benz, but just fell in love for those muscle cars because of their recent improvement.

I think you are getting something wrong here.

Watch out the tuned Benz's, BMW's and the real muscle cars, no matter the horse power you through at it, it would never lift flip and fall over .
Have you not seen those jap mobile flip over and fell on race tracks because they couldn't just handle the horse powers thrown at them?
Have you ever seen a Benz or Mercedes front kicking into high heaven/flip and fall for any reason for any amount of horse power thrown at it?

That is the message i'm trying to pass across here and i believe Prudence may have difficulty explaining this right
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2015
auhanson:

You got it wrong again, i am not an anti Toyota contrary to your hypothesis, but i dont know how to accept what is not correct in th light of truth, especially when you have to paint Toyota more valuable than actually what it is.

I have several reasons for liking Benz, but just fell in love for those muscle cars because of their recent improvement.

I think you are getting something wrong here.

Watch out the tuned Benz's, BMW's and the real muscle cars, no matter the horse power you through at it, it would never lift flip and fall over .
Have you not seen those jap mobile flip over and fell on race tracks because they couldn't just handle the horse powers thrown at them?
Have you ever seen a Benz or Mercedes front kicking into high heaven/flip and fall for any reason for any amount of horse power thrown at it?

That is the message i'm trying to pass across here and i believe Prudence may have difficulty explaining this right

A car flipping because of power?
I don't believe that
Lol.... Now I choose to believe in Toyota better...

1 Like

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
kingreign:

A car flipping because of power?
I don't believe that
Lol.... Now I choose to believe in Toyota better...

Oh yeah! whether you believe or not , it doesn't stop the reality from happening. That is Toyota Celica flip over because of too much power it couldn't handle. This further confirms the inadequacies with your Toyota chassis, and this is just one of too many cases.. this cant happen to Benz , BM or those real muscle cars. You can continue to deceive yourself and believe in what is fake, i don't care.

Flip over Toyota Celica Paradise Crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBS9lCjGZo8
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
auhanson:

Oh yeah! whether you believe or not , it doesn't stop the reality from happening. That is Toyota Celica flip over because of too much power it couldn't handle. This further confirms the inadequacies with your Toyota chassis, and this is just one of too many cases.. this cant happen to Benz , BM or those real muscle cars. You can continue to deceive yourself and believe in what is fake, i don't care.

Any car can flip, any car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3jWvNIqK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAc4IQ9whrU
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
auhanson:

I see, as if its only a Toyota that flips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V2Jqp27XFM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8XxQkXCmsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42Jst_FE3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZejhAsKlj5w
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
But the manner at which the flip varies, some have all tendencies to flip,even at straight line if you dare exceed certain speed limit, while some are built with all sophistication against that.

EgunMogaji:

Any car can flip, any car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3jWvNIqK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAc4IQ9whrU

Oh you now believe that they do flip? Especially the Toyotas:Camry, Corolla,highlander, Rx, etc flips at the slightest provocation without warning.
Dare pull them above any normal limit then wait for the music. Compare the manner of flips you showed here to that of your Toyota and give straight judgement there. What you have shown here are pure car crashes-accident that causes the flip, but what has happen to your Toyota are deficiency in technology clearly shown.

kingreign:

I see, as if its only a Toyota that flips...
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by kingreign(m): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
auhanson:
But the manner at which the flip varies, some have all tendencies to flip,even at straight line if you dare exceed certain speed limit, while some are built with all sophistication against that.

Oh you now believe that they do flip? Especially the Toyotas:Camry, Corolla,highlander, Rx, etc flips at the slightest provocation without warning.
Dare pull them above any normal limit then wait for the music. Compare the manner of flips you showed here to that of your Toyota and give straight judgement there. What you have shown here are pure car crashes-accident that causes the flip, but what has happen to your Toyota are deficiency in technology clearly shown.

Its pointless arguing with you. All cars can flip. An RX and HL is a tall vehicle it has a higher toll over tendency. The most notorious SUVs are the Jeep Cherokee and the Ford Bronco. Are they Toyota or Japanese?

Your Mercedes ML and G wagon you're all about hailing don't even have any road manners at all. Steering on the ML W164-W165 is dumb and no feedback. The Gwagon is solo wayward on roads that even a pidgeon's fart will delane it. Whereas my HL andRX sticks to Ita lane and has respectable cornering prowess for a vehicle of its class. The best SUVs that goes round corners are the Porsche Cayenne turbo S, Range rover Sports S/C and BMW X6M SAV.

I'm not arguing with you again because you don't know about vehicles.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 6:06am On Oct 29, 2015
kingreign:

Its pointless arguing with you. All cars can flip. An RX and HL is a tall vehicle it has a higher toll over tendency. The most notorious SUVs are the Jeep Cherokee and the Ford Bronco. Are they Toyota or Japanese?

Your Mercedes ML and G wagon you're all about hailing don't even have any road manners at all. Steering on the ML W164-W165 is dumb and no feedback. The Gwagon is solo wayward on roads that even a pidgeon's fart will delane it. Whereas my HL andRX sticks to Ita lane and has respectable cornering prowess for a vehicle of its class. The best SUVs that goes round corners are the Porsche Cayenne turbo S, Range rover Sports S/C and BMW X6M SAV.

I'm not arguing with you again because you don't know about vehicles.

your blown fat lies in defense of you HL & Toyota, just because that's what you drive,but you can only deceive yourself and the undiscern. You know about "vehicles" but not cars, who cares about your bland vehicles when the cars are out there.

My ML500 rocks solid and sturdy on highways bends, offroads etc smashing your HL and Rx, keeping them to where they belongs to.

Your Toyotas cant even stand whims of those cars you mentioned(G wagon,ML etc) so its all envy on their prowess and capabilities.

I believe by now you would have been overwhelmed by enough evidences against your dilapidated half bake Toyota's and HL in particular.

Proven facts not gambling as breed across board.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2015
Hello EgunMogaji, is that your garage?
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2015
auhanson:
Hello EgunMogaji, is that your garage?

No it's not.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 29, 2015
And I'm outta here.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
EgunMogaji:

No it's not.

I was just wondering and a little captivated by the scenario on view and tried to link to the project i'm handling at hand.

I have a Benz 190 which i intended to Turbo boost to the tune of 700 horses. I have itemised all the component needed but have little problem with who will reprogrammed the chip when eventually done? This is not going to be an over night project, i will take my time to go about it , because it could be very expensive too but i dont mind the time frame . So i may just decide to halt and just do a 150horses boost on the stock chassis and engine or thereabout if you could have some offerings here in terms of some suitable advice? I am taking you on your post.

In my orignal plan , i have a straight 6 cylinder Benz 300 engine and a donor Benz 190 chassis in very perfect shape. the project items list is as follows:

Engine
M103 103.980 2960cc, standard bottom, pistons, rods, match-ported head with standard camshaft and dbilas valve springs, Elring head gasket, OEM head bolts, modified manifold for Bosch 1680cc injectors, custom fuel rail, 500x350x76mm Intercooler, 3″ piping, Marmander blow-off-valve, Turbobanditen stainless exhaust manifold, Holset HX52, 60mm wastegate, 4″ stainless downpipe and 3.5″ exhaust, oil cooler, KL-Racing 044 fuel pump x2, 13mm feed line, 11mm return, 19L fuel cell, rear-mounted radiator, 16″ cooling fan, Bosch Motorsport coil pack, Vems ECU, running on E85 with 2-bar of boost.

Driveline
Getrag 717.404 dog-leg 5-speed gearbox, lightened and balanced flywheel by DLI-Teknik, 4-puck sintered clutch, Sachs 765 pressure plate, ASD differential from W124, 2.5-16V ASD driveshafts.

Suspension
Bilstein B8 shock absorbers, shortened AP springs from R129, Dibed camber plates, R129 wheel hubs, Hedgehog polyurethane control arm bushings, delrin subframe bushes, 28.5mm front anti-roll bar, 13mm rear, S124 drop links, stiffened subframe and rear top mounts.

Brakes
Brembo 4-piston calipers, EBC YellowStuff pads, 330mm drilled discs (front), ATE 2-piston calipers, EBC YellowStuff pads, 300mm discs (rear), steel braided brake hoses, rear mounted ABS, hydraulic handbrake.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
auhanson:

I was just wondering and a little captivated by the scenario on view and tried to link to the project i'm handling at hand.

I have a Benz 190 which i intended to Turbo boost to the tune of 700 horses. I have itemised all the component needed but have little problem with who will reprogrammed the chip when eventually done? This is not going to be an over night project, i will take my time to go about it , because it could be very expensive too but i dont mind the time frame . So i may just decide to halt and just do a 150horses boost on the stock chassis and engine or thereabout if you could have some offerings here in terms of some suitable advice? I am taking you on your post.

In my orignal plan , i have a straight 6 cylinder Benz 300 engine and a donor Benz 190 chassis in very perfect shape. the project items list is as follows:

Engine
M103 103.980 2960cc, standard bottom, pistons, rods, match-ported head with standard camshaft and dbilas valve springs, Elring head gasket, OEM head bolts, modified manifold for Bosch 1680cc injectors, custom fuel rail, 500x350x76mm Intercooler, 3″ piping, Marmander blow-off-valve, Turbobanditen stainless exhaust manifold, Holset HX52, 60mm wastegate, 4″ stainless downpipe and 3.5″ exhaust, oil cooler, KL-Racing 044 fuel pump x2, 13mm feed line, 11mm return, 19L fuel cell, rear-mounted radiator, 16″ cooling fan, Bosch Motorsport coil pack, Vems ECU, running on E85 with 2-bar of boost.

Driveline
Getrag 717.404 dog-leg 5-speed gearbox, lightened and balanced flywheel by DLI-Teknik, 4-puck sintered clutch, Sachs 765 pressure plate, ASD differential from W124, 2.5-16V ASD driveshafts.

Suspension
Bilstein B8 shock absorbers, shortened AP springs from R129, Dibed camber plates, R129 wheel hubs, Hedgehog polyurethane control arm bushings, delrin subframe bushes, 28.5mm front anti-roll bar, 13mm rear, S124 drop links, stiffened subframe and rear top mounts.

Brakes
Brembo 4-piston calipers, EBC YellowStuff pads, 330mm drilled discs (front), ATE 2-piston calipers, EBC YellowStuff pads, 300mm discs (rear), steel braided brake hoses, rear mounted ABS, hydraulic handbrake.

You're not getting 700 ponies out of a 190 engine, not even from the 2.6, to get even half that you'll need to do a transplant. If you can find a 16V engine then it's s good start in getting to about half that horsepower if properly built.

Been there done that.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You're not getting 700 ponies out of a 190 engine, not even from the 2.6, to get even half that you'll need to do a transplant. If you can find a 16V engine then it's s good start in getting to about half that horsepower if properly built.

Been there done that.

The engine in question is M103 103.980 is a straight-six cylinder displacing 2960cc as in factory Benz 300 engine as pointed above(If the displacement alone should displace 2960cc, i see no reason why i shouldn't get 700 ponies after all the modifications. Look the item list again) . Definitely its gonna be a transplant with all the project list items enlisted there for the mods. The bottleneck now is the computer programme?

Alternatively, the other way is maintaining the stock engine with stock chassis for just about a boost of 150 horeses? So what is your take on this?
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hanson, how did you work out the fuel requirements for a 3.0 inline 6 motor?

1680cc injectors? I can't see that running, it would over fuel massively, even if the injector duty cycle was 5 times smaller than stock. 680cc injectors would support 650hp in an inline 4 turbo, you'd need even less (430cc's) to support the same output from a V8 biturbo.

What ECU are you considering for your project?
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
auhanson:

The engine in question is M103 103.980 is a straight-six cylinder displacing 2960cc as in factory Benz 300 engine as pointed above(If the displacement alone should displace 2960cc, i see no reason why i shouldn't get 700 ponies after all the modifications. Look the item list again) . Definitely its gonna be a transplant with all the project list items enlisted there for the mods. The bottleneck now is the computer programme?

Alternatively, the other way is maintaining the stock engine with stock chassis for just about a boost of 150 horeses? So what is your take on this?

That's why I said even the 2.6 up above. The 3.0 i simply a punched out 2.6 and even goes up to 3.2 in the later years.

I still maintain that you can't eek out 700 horsepower from the 2.6/3.0/3.2 engine but I hope that you do so that you can set a record. The USA fans will certainly love to see this done because many have went after that and couldn't pull it off.

Good luck.

To even com close you'll need twin turbos, sequential, a small one and a larger one, nitrous not for power but to cool things down.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
And just do you know, a 4-puk clutch friction disc will chew through at least 2 flywheels in a year. You need a full-faced clutch for the street, otherwise your car will be plain nasty and snatchy to drive. Worse with a lightened flywheel.

Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Siena:
Hanson, how did you work out the fuel requirements for a 3.0 inline 6 motor?

1680cc injectors? I can't see that running, it would over fuel massively, even if the injector duty cycle was 5 times smaller than stock. 680cc injectors would support 650hp in an inline 4 turbo, you'd need even less (430cc's) to support the same output from a V8 biturbo.

What ECU are you considering for your project?

Hello Siena, the 1680cc injectors flow 1600 cc/min at 43.5 PSI ( 3 BAR ) and are fully compatible with alternate fuels. That means that these injectors are able to function at high fuel pressure such as the type needed for turbo charged engines and do not exhibit the high fuel pressure handling problems found with many other high flow high-impedance injectors making it very suitable to turbocharged and supercharged applications that sees high fuel system pressures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9zvSmsJVoI

Remember with 500 x 350 x 76 mm intercooler with 3''piping , marmander blow-off-valve with a Turbobanditen stainless exahust manifold and the two KL-Racing 044 fuel pump , we are expecting a lot of forced induction and fuel pressure that would need an equally very powerful injection system to cope with that kind of Holset HX52 turbo and the forced air induction that would bombard the system else the piston may be damaged. We need to reason things here, i dont believe in impossibilities

Siena:
And just do you know, a 4-puk clutch friction disc will chew through at least 2 flywheels in a year. You need a full-faced clutch for the street, otherwise your car will be plain nasty and snatchy to drive. Worse with a lightened flywheel.

I think that is some education there i never considered before. I was looking at it at the standpoint of weight reduction on the system with the effect it will have on the Sachs 765 pressure plate and ASD differential that will come from from Benz W124, 2.5-16V ASD driveshafts.

What full face clutch will you recommend here? thanks
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That's why I said even the 2.6 up above. The 3.0 i simply a punched out 2.6 and even goes up to 3.2 in the later years.

I still maintain that you can't eek out 700 horsepower from the 2.6/3.0/3.2 engine but I hope that you do so that you can set a record. The USA fans will certainly love to see this done because many have went after that and couldn't pull it off.

Good luck.

To even com close you'll need twin turbos, sequential, a small one and a larger one, nitrous not for power but to cool things down.

Hello Egun, the stright-six M103 103.980 engine from Bnez 300 that displaces 2960cc in its factory form is a very powerful but very cheap engine that people do not regard. It is very rugged and can stand anything in the real sense of the word. Such engine are very rare. Then with the kind of force induction system and the Holset HX52 turbo that will be submersed there , the sky is the limit, if it is properly done. My only contention is for the programming guys who will programme the Vems ECU and REMAP stuffs that will propel this iconic beast

Then with the 60mm wastegate, 4″ stainless downpipe and 3.5″ exhaust, oil cooler and rear-mounted radiator with the 16″ cooling fan, i believe things will definitely be cooled down here
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
auhanson:

Hello Egun, the stright-six M103 103.980 engine from Bnez 300 that displaces 2960cc in its factory form is a very powerful but very cheap engine that people do not regard. It is very rugged and can stand anything in the real sense of the word. Such engine are very rare. Then with the kind of force induction system and the Holset HX52 turbo that will be submerged there , the sky is the limit, if it is properly done. My only contention is for the programming guys who will programme the Vems ECU that will propel this iconic beast

Then with the 60mm wastegate, 4″ stainless downpipe and 3.5″ exhaust, oil cooler and rear-mounted radiator with the 16″ cooling fan, i believe things will definitely be cooled down here

Nitrous is used to cool down the intake charge and fuel not the radiator. The lower the tempetature of the fuel the more explosive the explosion will be.

People do not regard them because Mercedes built the engines for durability and long life and not for high horsepower realm. They last for welder 300,000 miles without a rebuild when properly taken care of.

There's a reason why AMG did not use them in the C36 and C43 and instead went with V6 and V8 engines with more displacement in the C class that replaced the 190's.

Again good luck, I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I will place a N100,000 bet on it. If you dyno 700 horsepower on that engine in Nigeria I will give you N10,000, if you do not then you will owe me N1. Let's set a time limit.
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by auhanson(m): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Nitrous is used to cool down the intake charge and fuel not the radiator. The lower the tempetature of the fuel the more explosive the explosion will be.

People do not regard them because Mercedes built the engines for durability and long life and not for high horsepower realm. They last for welder 300,000 miles without a rebuild when properly taken care of.

There's a reason why AMG did not use them in the C36 and C43 and instead went with V6 and V8 engines with more displacement in the C class that replaced the 190's.

Again good luck, I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I will place a N100,000 bet on it. If you dyno 700 horsepower on that engine in Nigeria I will give you N10,000, if you do not then you will owe me N1. Let's set a time limit.

Ok! So, what engine type will be best for this project that can go into this Benz 190 hood to achieve this feat?
Re: Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 01, 2015
auhanson:

Ok! So, what engine type will be best for this project that can go into this Benz 190 hood to achieve this feat?

Watch this video to see what it takes to make 1,000 horsepower reliably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D8oLaCgfL8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Production Of Castrol Automotive Engine Oil Commences In Nigeria / This Is How The Iconic Porsche 911 Got Its Name / 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.