Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nine Must Have Pages In Your Blog/ Website - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nine Must Have Pages In Your Blog/ Website (430 Views)

If You Own A Blog/website But You're Too Busy Or Need An Extra Hand, Employ Me. / How To Build A Business Or Blog Website / How To Draft Excellent Preliminary Pages In Research Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nine Must Have Pages In Your Blog/ Website by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
I still have plenty of ground to cover and pages that need updating in my blog, but I thought I'd highlight the ones I considered the most important pages you need to have in your blog/ website.
The point is, you need to make sure you give your readers what they want. Make life easy for them by putting the links where they expect to see them, in the header, footer and even the sidebar. So to the 9 pages every blog/ website should have.
1) An About page
Your about page tells the reader about you, what you have to offer them and why they should keep accepting what you offer them. Research shows the ‘about page' is the second most visited page in a blog/ website. How much work have you put in your about page to make it more presentable and impressive to your readers.

2) Contact page
This is the page dedicated to letting your readers know the various options in contacting you. It can be via email, office address, phone number, or even social media contact. Make this page friendly as well as serious and you'll get readers turning into faithful followers.

3) Disclaimer/ Disclosure page
It is becoming more and more important for bloggers to protect themselves and a disclaimer page is just the way to do that. Use this page to prevent against any potential conflict of interest that may arise between yourself and what you are blogging.

4) Archives page
Your archives makes it easy for first time readers to reference articles written earlier. To keep your readers hooked, you can customize it to suit your requirements.

5) Favourite/ Popular posts page
Here you can feature all your favourite and highest converting blog posts. People buy into you and if you think a page is great, they will too.

6) Subscribe Page
If they love what you're offering, they will want to come back- make it easy for them. Having a subscribe page, you can let them subscribe via feedburner, email and RSS. You can allow them sign up for your newsletter and blog post updates. I would also recommend mentioning your social networking links such such Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

7) Submissions/ Guest post page
How many times have you visited a blog/ web page and thought to yourself “I could totally write an article that deserves to be posted here"? Let your readers get more involved in your website by allowing them submit posts. This page does just that.

cool FAQ page
Make a list of your readers' FAQs ( frequently asked questions) and answer them in this page. Everybody loves going through the FAQ page. Just make sure yours is interesting as well as informative.

9) 404 page
Sometimes, a reader might just stumble into a broken thread and end up in the 404 page. Instead of leaving this page saying “404. An error occurred", customize this page to benefit both you and your reader by directing them to some other meaningful post related to what they might have been looking for.

Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone In Need Of A PMP Tutor In Abuja / Hot New Job Vancancies / Application For The Post Of Business Development Executive Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.